Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse’s role next season 17:34 - May 18 with 3370 viewsGerkensBeard

Do you expect him to be a main stay in midfield? A “tighten the game up” sort of sub if we’re winning or play in a back 3?
Skuse’s role next season on 17:39 - May 18 with 3352 viewsAYACCA

he'll play when fit. good footballing brain. defensive midfielder.
Skuse’s role next season on 17:44 - May 18 with 3341 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect he'll be fairly regular starting at the start of the season and slowly be phased out in favour of Downes. Mind you, I said that last season, too.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Skuse’s role next season on 17:53 - May 18 with 3314 viewsbraveblue

Hopefully none.
Skuse’s role next season on 19:44 - May 18 with 3188 viewsfactual_blue

Skuse’s role next season on 17:44 - May 18 by BlueBadger

I suspect he'll be fairly regular starting at the start of the season and slowly be phased out in favour of Downes. Mind you, I said that last season, too.

He will play forever, as there can be no ex-Skuses.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Skuse’s role next season on 22:43 - May 18 with 3078 viewsjasondozzell

I'd like to see him play in a back 3 again. Sweeper!
Skuse’s role next season on 22:47 - May 18 with 3068 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes, he will be one of those 3. Assuming Downes steps up OK, he will be less of the former but may be needed when Downes is unavailable and to give him a rest. I would like to think we will only be looking at one sitting midfielder. I wonder if we will get another one in the door allowing Skuse to be more of a defensive option with versatility especially off the bench.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Skuse’s role next season on 06:03 - May 19 with 2979 viewscrunchie1978

Hopefully just cutting the oranges and handing them out at half time.
Skuse’s role next season on 07:39 - May 19 with 2919 viewsbontcho

At the moment I don’t see another option for a defensive minded midfielder. Downes hasn’t got the positioning etc (yet?). If we get the November Skuse he’ll run this league.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Skuse’s role next season on 08:05 - May 19 with 2890 viewsblueislander

Skuse’s role next season on 07:39 - May 19 by bontcho

At the moment I don’t see another option for a defensive minded midfielder. Downes hasn’t got the positioning etc (yet?). If we get the November Skuse he’ll run this league.

Unfortunately Skuse would have trouble running a bath. He is just not the sort of footballer who can “run” games. He is reactive not proactive.if we do play a back three , then he could be accommodated as a sweeper, but, as we don’t at the moment have real wing backs, it is unlikely.
Skuse’s role next season on 08:21 - May 19 with 2852 viewsChurchman

Somebody else’s midfield, hopefully. I just think the negatives to his game outweigh the plusses- and I’ve never thought there were too many of the latter.
Skuse’s role next season on 08:38 - May 19 with 2820 viewsDevereuxxx

I imagine if we're playing 3 in central midfield, which with Lambert's favoured 4-3-3 or midfield diamond seems likely, he'll feature regularly.

He's not perfect but I've no problem with him sitting in a midfield that features two more attack-minded players - preferably Bishop and then 1 of Dozzell, Nolan and Downes, depending on who is in form. Maybe even Huws if he ever resurfaces.

With Skuse, it's all about balance. Stick him alongside Hyam & Douglas it's going to be a horror show (and it was), but he does allow other players to be more attacking. In a midfield 2 he noticeably struggles as he hasn't the mobility to be effective.
Skuse’s role next season on 09:53 - May 19 with 2759 viewsNo9

Skuse’s role next season on 08:05 - May 19 by blueislander

Unfortunately Skuse would have trouble running a bath. He is just not the sort of footballer who can “run” games. He is reactive not proactive.if we do play a back three , then he could be accommodated as a sweeper, but, as we don’t at the moment have real wing backs, it is unlikely.

His immobility & poor passing have been a feature in the decline & fall of ITFC.
Skuse’s role next season on 15:23 - May 19 with 2627 viewsGerkensBeard

Skuse’s role next season on 22:43 - May 18 by jasondozzell

I'd like to see him play in a back 3 again. Sweeper!

Not that I think this a great lineup but wouldn’t be surprised to see at some point

New GK
Emmanuel Skuse Chambers Nsiala Kenlock
Downes Nolan
Judge
Harrison Norwood
Skuse’s role next season on 16:12 - May 19 with 2597 viewsjas0999

Definitely not back three as he is NOT a CB. May have covered occasionally. He is a holding midfield player all day long. Defence minded.
Skuse’s role next season on 16:19 - May 19 with 2583 viewsScottCandage

Skuse’s role next season on 08:21 - May 19 by Churchman

Somebody else’s midfield, hopefully. I just think the negatives to his game outweigh the plusses- and I’ve never thought there were too many of the latter.

Skuse's positives, while good, are the antithesis of what we need. I'd like to see him move on.
Skuse’s role next season on 16:25 - May 19 with 2567 viewsmonty_radio

Skuse’s role next season on 15:23 - May 19 by GerkensBeard

Not that I think this a great lineup but wouldn’t be surprised to see at some point

New GK
Emmanuel Skuse Chambers Nsiala Kenlock
Downes Nolan
Judge
Harrison Norwood

I hope that we are ultimately able to field a side which carries more threat than that.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Skuse’s role next season on 16:30 - May 19 with 2553 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Skuse’s role next season on 16:12 - May 19 by jas0999

Definitely not back three as he is NOT a CB. May have covered occasionally. He is a holding midfield player all day long. Defence minded.

I think people are suggesting this on the basis he played well there at the end of this season and players may drop into that role when they lose stamina as they get a little older.

I don't anticipate him being first choice CB but if he can offer experience there when Chambers is missing he might play a role there at times. My concern is that neither he nor Chambers are commanding enough to bring along the youngsters alongside them. Would love to be proved wrong on that though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Skuse’s role next season on 16:36 - May 19 with 2545 views44_not_out

It’s the middle of May and the new season is weeks away, yet some are already targeting someone to be next season’s Jordan Spence.

Give the bloke a break. A defensive midfielder, playing in front of the back four is quite common and Skuse is as good as anyone, certainly at the level we find ourselves. There are much bigger problems in the current squad.
Skuse’s role next season on 18:01 - May 19 with 2483 viewsOsborneOneNil

Skuse’s role next season on 09:53 - May 19 by No9

His immobility & poor passing have been a feature in the decline & fall of ITFC.

Correct
Skuse’s role next season on 19:47 - May 19 with 2417 viewsChurchman

Skuse’s role next season on 16:19 - May 19 by ScottCandage

Skuse's positives, while good, are the antithesis of what we need. I'd like to see him move on.

His positives for me are that he seems like a decent bloke, reasonable ball control and is not bad at reading the game with some good interceptions over the years. The negatives are poor passing, no goals, no pace, hopeless in the air and I don’t think he is a particularly good motivator either. I’ve always thought he was a bit weak in the tackle (injury worry??) and chickened out of too many challenges.
It’s not a very good comparison I know because he was a top player, but in John Wark’s last spell his legs had well and truly gone. But he had so many attributes he was an asset, not a liability. With Skuse I just think that in the division we are in, we need somebody who offer a little more. Just a view married to a little (forlorn?) hope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024