Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The people in those posh seats at Wembley 18:51 - May 18 with 2239 viewsfactual_blue

If they can't waddle back to their seats for the start of the second half, they shouldn't be let in at all.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 19:02 - May 18 with 2208 viewsJ2BLUE

Disgusting isn't it? The best seats in the stadium and they can't even be bothered to get back for the second half.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 19:14 - May 18 with 2182 viewsjontysnut

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 19:02 - May 18 by J2BLUE

Disgusting isn't it? The best seats in the stadium and they can't even be bothered to get back for the second half.

They will be getting their moneys worth with the all inclusive food and drink!
The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 19:17 - May 18 with 2176 viewsfactual_blue

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 19:14 - May 18 by jontysnut

They will be getting their moneys worth with the all inclusive food and drink!

Especially the ones called Phil Ham.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 20:55 - May 18 with 2050 viewsFtnfwest

Quite a few didn’t make it back at all!
The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 21:13 - May 18 with 2027 viewsPendejo

I was under the impression that most of them had been vacant all game, if so who owns them and why wouldn't they want to be at a such historic final? Had Watford won it would have been more historic than the eventual score.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 21:17 - May 18 with 2005 viewsTractorWood

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 21:13 - May 18 by Pendejo

I was under the impression that most of them had been vacant all game, if so who owns them and why wouldn't they want to be at a such historic final? Had Watford won it would have been more historic than the eventual score.

Players allocations, elite sponsors and partners. Aka blue chip freebies.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 21:27 - May 18 with 1975 viewsPendejo

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 21:17 - May 18 by TractorWood

Players allocations, elite sponsors and partners. Aka blue chip freebies.

Of I was a sponsor / partner CFO I'd want to know why those £££££ tickets weren't used.
I would imagine players allocations would have been fully utilised by Sterling alone.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 12:34 - May 19 with 1754 viewsOxford_Blue

They can do what they like.
Login to get fewer ads

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 12:46 - May 19 with 1734 viewsrgp1

Spot on, and your post defines a great deal with what's wrong with the modern game. Didn't an ex manager mention something about prawn sandwiches
[Post edited 19 May 2019 12:47]
The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 13:21 - May 19 with 1697 viewsGeoffSentence

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 12:34 - May 19 by Oxford_Blue

They can do what they like.

And people can disapprove if they like.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 13:39 - May 19 with 1654 viewsWacko

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 19:17 - May 18 by factual_blue

Especially the ones called Phil Ham.

Wasn't that David Cameron's nickname at uni?

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 14:01 - May 19 with 1631 viewssurreyblue

I'm sure many people have missed a few minutes of games to get refreshments, either just before or just after half time. Don't see what the difference is in this case?

Those that don't utilise the seats... can't defend them at all.
The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 14:48 - May 19 with 1575 viewsJ2BLUE

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 14:01 - May 19 by surreyblue

I'm sure many people have missed a few minutes of games to get refreshments, either just before or just after half time. Don't see what the difference is in this case?

Those that don't utilise the seats... can't defend them at all.

A few minutes? The blocks are still half empty 10+ minutes into the second half.

As for people who leave early or come back late on a regular basis to 'get refreshments' they are sub human scum. Each half is 45 minutes. Missing a chunk of that time is stupid.

Truly impaired.

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 16:41 - May 19 with 1501 views44_not_out

Around 50% of the seats around the technical area were empty all game. I think it is disgusting and really shows up modern football for what it is. English football’s show piece event that is broadcast around the world and empty seats on show.... embarrassing for the FA. That block should be moved to the other side away from the cameras.
The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 18:31 - May 19 with 1416 viewsTractorWood

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 14:48 - May 19 by J2BLUE

A few minutes? The blocks are still half empty 10+ minutes into the second half.

As for people who leave early or come back late on a regular basis to 'get refreshments' they are sub human scum. Each half is 45 minutes. Missing a chunk of that time is stupid.

Sure. That's the pure footballing arguement. However, theoretically, if you're some big cheese at a massive business and you are trying to wine and dine another big cheese at the FA cup final and he's half way down his pint having just arrived in from miles away, you can't exactly drag him away because it's just about the restart.

As others have said, these seats are not advertised to traditional football fans, they are super premium hospitality. It looks awful that they are on show and the people occupying them probably don't have any emotional investment in either team, provided they bother to turn up at all.

Reminds of the whenever England play in tournaments, about 2,000 tickets are earmarked from the FAs allocation to the 'football family' ie ex players, wags, family, old referees, you name it. Then the unwashed masses get balloted based on whether they've been to San Marino and Luxembourg on Tuesday.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 19:07 - May 19 with 1376 viewsJ2BLUE

The people in those posh seats at Wembley on 18:31 - May 19 by TractorWood

Sure. That's the pure footballing arguement. However, theoretically, if you're some big cheese at a massive business and you are trying to wine and dine another big cheese at the FA cup final and he's half way down his pint having just arrived in from miles away, you can't exactly drag him away because it's just about the restart.

As others have said, these seats are not advertised to traditional football fans, they are super premium hospitality. It looks awful that they are on show and the people occupying them probably don't have any emotional investment in either team, provided they bother to turn up at all.

Reminds of the whenever England play in tournaments, about 2,000 tickets are earmarked from the FAs allocation to the 'football family' ie ex players, wags, family, old referees, you name it. Then the unwashed masses get balloted based on whether they've been to San Marino and Luxembourg on Tuesday.

It's the FA Cup final. The football argument is all I care about. The corporate area should be somewhere else.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024