Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fourmidables 18:58 - May 18 with 3751 viewsMullet

That's how they're branding themselves and this season. Remove all their titles and ban them forever now I say.

It's even worse than that mix shirt monstrosity a few of their fans are wearing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fourmidables on 19:00 - May 18 with 3310 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They really shouldn't count the community shield.

What a team to witness though.

Great final.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Fourmidables on 20:39 - May 18 with 3197 viewscbower

Can't stand them. Purely a money based achievement which shows the modern game to be the shallow monstrosity it has become. I know some on here are bemoaning such opinions as jealousy and saying one should admire the beauty of their football. However, the game is supposed to be competitive and outside of the top six teams in the Premier League, it rarely is these days. Hate the fact we will be in the 3rd division next year and whilst it is no silver lining, being truly competitive could just allow me to fall back in love with game like I was in the 70s through to 2005.

bluescouser

Fourmidables on 21:24 - May 18 with 3095 viewsPendejo

Fourmidables on 19:00 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Great final.

Why not include Community Shield? It was won during 18/19 season.

Yep huge wads of cash got them there, but they have to be managed, coached and work as a cohesive unit. How many clubs over the years spent big without achieving?
Think Manure pre93.

Even Liverpool and Manure in their domination of the domestic game failed to do what first have done, thankfully they've done so in style... Imagine if it was Jose not Pep whose personality ruled the game.

I hate them, I am jealous of them... But they are wonderful to watch.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Fourmidables on 09:43 - May 19 with 2865 viewsKeaneish

Fourmidables on 21:24 - May 18 by Pendejo

Why not include Community Shield? It was won during 18/19 season.

Yep huge wads of cash got them there, but they have to be managed, coached and work as a cohesive unit. How many clubs over the years spent big without achieving?
Think Manure pre93.

Even Liverpool and Manure in their domination of the domestic game failed to do what first have done, thankfully they've done so in style... Imagine if it was Jose not Pep whose personality ruled the game.

I hate them, I am jealous of them... But they are wonderful to watch.

Barcelona consistently win the league and multiple other titles with multiple different types of managers because they buy the best of the best ala Man City. Many people are calling Pep a genius. I'd say Dave Bassett was more of a genius guiding Wimbledon to 3 promotions in 4 seasons and getting them into the top 6 of division 1 at the first time of asking. Could Pep do that with no cash?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

Fourmidables on 09:45 - May 19 with 2855 viewsHerbivore

Fourmidables on 09:43 - May 19 by Keaneish

Barcelona consistently win the league and multiple other titles with multiple different types of managers because they buy the best of the best ala Man City. Many people are calling Pep a genius. I'd say Dave Bassett was more of a genius guiding Wimbledon to 3 promotions in 4 seasons and getting them into the top 6 of division 1 at the first time of asking. Could Pep do that with no cash?

Sometimes you do talk utter gubbins.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fourmidables on 09:49 - May 19 with 2832 viewsNo9

Fourmidables on 20:39 - May 18 by cbower

Can't stand them. Purely a money based achievement which shows the modern game to be the shallow monstrosity it has become. I know some on here are bemoaning such opinions as jealousy and saying one should admire the beauty of their football. However, the game is supposed to be competitive and outside of the top six teams in the Premier League, it rarely is these days. Hate the fact we will be in the 3rd division next year and whilst it is no silver lining, being truly competitive could just allow me to fall back in love with game like I was in the 70s through to 2005.

All the successfull teams have been money built - Spurs is the exception to that.
Fourmidables on 09:59 - May 19 with 2816 viewsKeaneish

Fourmidables on 09:45 - May 19 by Herbivore

Sometimes you do talk utter gubbins.

Enlighten me with your wisdom then oh wise spectator of the sport of football. I'm sure your comeback will be that it still takes great management to win a treble. No doubt but that's not the point. No one's doubting Pep's a great manager but he's working with the elites with all the backing in the world - has he ever even had to deal with a real injury crisis given the stock pile of quality he has the luxury to assemble? I can't remember one.

Does it take a genius to get elite players playing quality football? I'd argue there's more genius in guiding a lowly club to the highest echelon of football with no money in record time. You'll try your best to find conjecture in this as is your way.

Fourmidables on 10:09 - May 19 with 2797 viewsHerbivore

Fourmidables on 09:59 - May 19 by Keaneish

Enlighten me with your wisdom then oh wise spectator of the sport of football. I'm sure your comeback will be that it still takes great management to win a treble. No doubt but that's not the point. No one's doubting Pep's a great manager but he's working with the elites with all the backing in the world - has he ever even had to deal with a real injury crisis given the stock pile of quality he has the luxury to assemble? I can't remember one.

Does it take a genius to get elite players playing quality football? I'd argue there's more genius in guiding a lowly club to the highest echelon of football with no money in record time. You'll try your best to find conjecture in this as is your way.

You're saying you think Dave Bassett is more of a genius than Pep. I don't think I need to say anymore on that than I've already said.

Login to get fewer ads

Fourmidables on 10:16 - May 19 with 2783 viewsbournemouthblue

Fourmidables on 19:00 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Great final.

I can't but help think the one's moaning about them not being a great team are Man U sympathisers

They're a great team but they really do need to be lifting a Champions League at some stage to be considered top tier imho.

They'll certainly come close again in the future.

I wonder how much money the likes of Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea are going to have to pay to bridge the gap?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Fourmidables on 10:21 - May 19 with 2757 viewsbluefunk

Fourmidables on 09:59 - May 19 by Keaneish

Guardiola has changed football with his approach. Before him, the game was dominated by the pragmatists, like Mourinho, those who proved themselves on stopping others rather than creating. The result can be seen in the way those pragmatists are now regarded as dinosaurs, and the is is visible throughout the leagues. In England the likes of Allerdyce, Pulis and yes, McCarthy are not in demand, as fans demand not only organisation but excitement. And yet you regard that giant of the game Harry Bassett as superior........
Fourmidables on 10:26 - May 19 with 2737 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Fourmidables on 09:49 - May 19 by No9

All the successfull teams have been money built - Spurs is the exception to that.

Won nothing in the last 10 years type of success

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Fourmidables on 10:29 - May 19 with 2705 viewsKeaneish

Fourmidables on 10:09 - May 19 by Herbivore

You're saying you think Dave Bassett is more of a genius than Pep. I don't think I need to say anymore on that than I've already said.

We're talking about very different eras. Is there more genius in getting a team promoted successively through the league's with no money to establish a nothing club amongst football's elite or is there more genius in assembling football's elite players to execute a game plan? No brainer for me which is the better accolade despite the style of football.

Did you see genius in Pep in the Man City documentary? Pep's been silver spooned the whole way. Great achievements none-the-less but he'll never be amongst the managerial elite in British football in my view.

Fourmidables on 10:34 - May 19 with 2662 viewsHerbivore

Fourmidables on 10:29 - May 19 by Keaneish

We're talking about very different eras. Is there more genius in getting a team promoted successively through the league's with no money to establish a nothing club amongst football's elite or is there more genius in assembling football's elite players to execute a game plan? No brainer for me which is the better accolade despite the style of football.

Did you see genius in Pep in the Man City documentary? Pep's been silver spooned the whole way. Great achievements none-the-less but he'll never be amongst the managerial elite in British football in my view.

Pretty sure you're on the wind up so I'll leave it here.

Fourmidables on 10:44 - May 19 with 2624 viewsKeaneish

Fourmidables on 10:21 - May 19 by bluefunk

Guardiola has changed football with his approach. Before him, the game was dominated by the pragmatists, like Mourinho, those who proved themselves on stopping others rather than creating. The result can be seen in the way those pragmatists are now regarded as dinosaurs, and the is is visible throughout the leagues. In England the likes of Allerdyce, Pulis and yes, McCarthy are not in demand, as fans demand not only organisation but excitement. And yet you regard that giant of the game Harry Bassett as superior........

I'm saying it's easy to label Pep a genius but people like Bassett who's achievements are equally if not even more accomplished pale into insignifance in the context of modern day football. Is Bassett a genius? If he'd won titles in Div 1 maybe but it's certainly not fashionable to label him that. Is Pep a genius? Not even close and he'll never get close to being an Alex Ferguson until he does it the hard way.

Fourmidables on 10:49 - May 19 with 2611 viewsHerbivore

Fourmidables on 10:44 - May 19 by Keaneish

I'm saying it's easy to label Pep a genius but people like Bassett who's achievements are equally if not even more accomplished pale into insignifance in the context of modern day football. Is Bassett a genius? If he'd won titles in Div 1 maybe but it's certainly not fashionable to label him that. Is Pep a genius? Not even close and he'll never get close to being an Alex Ferguson until he does it the hard way.

Lol.

Fourmidables on 11:16 - May 19 with 2572 viewsKeaneish

Fourmidables on 10:49 - May 19 by Herbivore

Lol.

You're a bit of a p*ick you aren't you? Compunded by your use of LOL. Thing I'll block you for this season ahead. Keep practicing them kick ups in the garden. Let me know when you get to three with both feet.

Fourmidables on 11:17 - May 19 with 2571 viewsbluefunk

Fourmidables on 10:44 - May 19 by Keaneish

I will keep going

What tactical innovations did Bassett bring to the game? Other than the 窶忖s against the world窶 approach which probably wasn窶冲 that original. Did he also do the same with another team?
Fourmidables on 11:38 - May 19 with 2548 viewsHerbivore

Fourmidables on 11:16 - May 19 by Keaneish

You're a bit of a p*ick you aren't you? Compunded by your use of LOL. Thing I'll block you for this season ahead. Keep practicing them kick ups in the garden. Let me know when you get to three with both feet.

I'm sure saying Dave Bassett is more of a genius than Pep sounded cool and edgy in your head, babe. Bless you.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:32 - May 19 with 2486 viewsKeaneish

Fourmidables on 11:38 - May 19 by Herbivore

I'm sure saying Dave Bassett is more of a genius than Pep sounded cool and edgy in your head, babe. Bless you.

Fourmidables on 12:34 - May 19 with 2476 viewsOxford_Blue

Fourmidables on 20:39 - May 18 by cbower

Yet the criticism of Evans is that he doesn窶冲 spend enough....money!

City spent comparatively little this season.

I don窶冲 see them as any different to the other big clubs around the world.
Fourmidables on 12:49 - May 19 with 2445 viewsMullet

Well this light-hearted thread took a left turn eh? Christ this place is going to pot in the dead months innit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fourmidables on 13:13 - May 19 with 2385 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fourmidables on 09:43 - May 19 by Keaneish

I reckon he could do it with no cash. He is an unbelievable one on one coach by the sounds of it. Look at the way he has improved Sterling.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fourmidables on 13:34 - May 19 with 2351 viewscbower

Fourmidables on 09:49 - May 19 by No9

Ipswich Town ca. 1973-83? Nottingham Forest (especially before Trevor Francis signing) late 70s and early 80s?

bluescouser

Fourmidables on 13:41 - May 19 with 2334 viewscbower

Fourmidables on 13:13 - May 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

I reckon he could do it with no cash. He is an unbelievable one on one coach by the sounds of it. Look at the way he has improved Sterling.

Ok. Let's bring him to......errrm........let's say.......Ipswich Town. Marcus can pay him 10 million a year with no transfer budget and a wage cap of 10k per week. We would be in the European elite within 4 years playing beautiful football. Absolute certainty. No question he could do it without the money!!!!!!

bluescouser

Fourmidables on 13:55 - May 19 with 2301 viewsBogblue

Fourmidables on 10:21 - May 19 by bluefunk

Probably a mistake to try and choose between them as to which is the better, it's apples and pears. Basset's achievements have been excellent in their way, like Pep's have in their way. FL and PL are two completely different beasts
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024