Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" 19:12 - May 18 with 3551 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Forum reaction;

"No, he can eff off and take his disgusting money with him. We are a traditional club and don't want his endless riches."

....erm, I think not.

The hypocrisy on this board is laughable today.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:13 - May 18 with 3078 viewsSitfcB

It’s the same on twitter.

A lot of jealousy about.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:15 - May 18 with 3079 viewsm14_blue

I don’t know why you’re getting your knickers in such a twist about people thinking a competitive cup final would have been more entertaining.

You enjoyed the exhibition put on by City, fair enough, lots of others would rather it had been closer.
TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:18 - May 18 with 3051 viewspointofblue

The only way we and the majority of clubs will ever be able to compete again is if the FA put their foot down and ensure money is evenly spread throughout the divisions OR if we/they are taken over by money men.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:18 - May 18 with 3044 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:15 - May 18 by m14_blue

I don’t know why you’re getting your knickers in such a twist about people thinking a competitive cup final would have been more entertaining.

You enjoyed the exhibition put on by City, fair enough, lots of others would rather it had been closer.

I wish that were the case, but theres so much bitterness in people's posts and jealousy.

It's such a pity that people are like that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:19 - May 18 with 3034 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:18 - May 18 by pointofblue

The only way we and the majority of clubs will ever be able to compete again is if the FA put their foot down and ensure money is evenly spread throughout the divisions OR if we/they are taken over by money men.

You've missed the boat. The FA don't have any power I'm afraid.

Walk away if you're not happy.

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:20 - May 18 with 3023 viewsm14_blue

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:18 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wish that were the case, but theres so much bitterness in people's posts and jealousy.

You may have a point about some but I think most people are bemoaning the disparity in football generally rather than picking at City specifically.
TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:22 - May 18 with 3006 viewspointofblue

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:19 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

I can't. I was taken to Portman Road when I was a child and the bug bit.

As I said the only other way for success is for clubs to become playthings of billionaires. I suppose the case now, sadly, is the more the better as that's the only way football will be competitive unless the bubble somehow bursts.

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:23 - May 18 with 2986 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:22 - May 18 by pointofblue

I can't. I was taken to Portman Road when I was a child and the bug bit.

As I said the only other way for success is for clubs to become playthings of billionaires. I suppose the case now, sadly, is the more the better as that's the only way football will be competitive unless the bubble somehow bursts.

Money has ruled football for a long time.

It ain't gonna change any time soon.

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:24 - May 18 with 3007 viewsPhilTWTD

Club don't own the ground and therefore also not the fracking rights so we probably wouldn't be of interest to him.
TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:24 - May 18 with 2971 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:20 - May 18 by m14_blue

You may have a point about some but I think most people are bemoaning the disparity in football generally rather than picking at City specifically.

Not so sure, I think a lot of it is anti City.

Not sure Utd or Liverpool would have got the same treatment.

Hopefully you're right though

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:25 - May 18 with 2958 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:24 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

Club don't own the ground and therefore also not the fracking rights so we probably wouldn't be of interest to him.

;-)

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:28 - May 18 with 2910 viewspointofblue

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:24 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not so sure, I think a lot of it is anti City.

Not sure Utd or Liverpool would have got the same treatment.

Hopefully you're right though

You may be right - I think there possibly is a bit of resentment towards City as they were no better than us for their entire history until they got a stadium out of the Commonwealth Games which made them attractive to oil barons.

Jealously? You bet. Reverse roles and many City fans would be saying exactly the same about us and, true, no doubt most of us wouldn't give a damn.

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:39 - May 18 with 2846 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:24 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

What a fracking nuisance.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:45 - May 18 with 2802 viewschristiand

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:18 - May 18 by pointofblue

Unfortunately, that's never going to happen.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:03 - May 18 with 2700 viewsJ2BLUE

Disagree that it's about City. It's about the game in general. Many of us love the cup but after today how do you think Watford will approach it next season? I'm expecting to see their reserves. It wasn't even close.

As for the hypocrisy, I don't believe it's a football thing. It's something that has crept into society. Look at politics, look at Brexit, look at the environment. Lots of people hold others to standards they don't meet themselves or have different rules of what is acceptable towards a political group/individual they agree with and one they don't. If you point out that unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable towards anyone regardless of their view the mental gymnastics to explain why it's different are a sight to behold. As society gets more and more divided the more people willing to be hypocrites increases.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:10 - May 18 with 2654 viewsFootballpete

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:18 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

I’m not sure it’s jealousy. Watford have players worth millions and they’re miles from Man City. Meanwhile those of us who stills play or are involved in local / youth football have to play on awful pitches with facilities that were worn out 30 years ago. Something in football has gone very wrong.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:10 - May 18 with 2655 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:03 - May 18 by J2BLUE

Disagree that it's about City. It's about the game in general. Many of us love the cup but after today how do you think Watford will approach it next season? I'm expecting to see their reserves. It wasn't even close.

As for the hypocrisy, I don't believe it's a football thing. It's something that has crept into society. Look at politics, look at Brexit, look at the environment. Lots of people hold others to standards they don't meet themselves or have different rules of what is acceptable towards a political group/individual they agree with and one they don't. If you point out that unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable towards anyone regardless of their view the mental gymnastics to explain why it's different are a sight to behold. As society gets more and more divided the more people willing to be hypocrites increases.

Agree to differ.

Watford will approach it it the same way nest season.

There are big discrepancies, but we can't take one performance as a sign that the FA Cup is dead.

I remember nearly falling asleep in the 95 and 96 FA Cup finals as they were so dull.

Some rose tinted specs.

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:12 - May 18 with 2638 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:10 - May 18 by Footballpete

I’m not sure it’s jealousy. Watford have players worth millions and they’re miles from Man City. Meanwhile those of us who stills play or are involved in local / youth football have to play on awful pitches with facilities that were worn out 30 years ago. Something in football has gone very wrong.

The state of pitches has nothing to do with city beating watford.

That's more to do with council cut backs.

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:15 - May 18 with 2613 viewsFootballpete

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:12 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

The state of pitches has nothing to do with city beating watford.

That's more to do with council cut backs.

There’s more money in football than ever before. I have to submit the results played on said awful pitches to the FA. Some of that vast wealth should trickle down to the grass roots, and the top flight should never have been allowed to break away. The two are connected.

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:21 - May 18 with 2580 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:15 - May 18 by Footballpete

There’s more money in football than ever before. I have to submit the results played on said awful pitches to the FA. Some of that vast wealth should trickle down to the grass roots, and the top flight should never have been allowed to break away. The two are connected.

More money should come down to grass roots.

But you're wanting to reverse a decision from 30 years ago. Simply won't happen.

I suspect that investment in grass roots from the FA is higher than it ever has been.

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 22:00 - May 18 with 2302 viewsPendejo

It's the end of the world as we know it!

Hold on, I'm sure Leicester were recent champions and cup wins by smaller clubs are in line with the way it's been since 1980. Like Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea before them the Citeh empire will fall... Eventually.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 22:50 - May 18 with 2177 viewsFootballpete

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 20:21 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

More money should come down to grass roots.

But you're wanting to reverse a decision from 30 years ago. Simply won't happen.

I suspect that investment in grass roots from the FA is higher than it ever has been.

I agree it won’t happen, it’s now the status quo. I think that’s what people don’t like.

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 22:53 - May 18 with 2169 viewsFtnfwest

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 22:00 - May 18 by Pendejo

It's the end of the world as we know it!

Hold on, I'm sure Leicester were recent champions and cup wins by smaller clubs are in line with the way it's been since 1980. Like Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea before them the Citeh empire will fall... Eventually.

Leicester? Oh them, the 23rd richest club....in the world when they won it, now 17th I believe. Fantastic achievement don’t get me wrong, but not exactly fairy tale.
TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 00:18 - May 19 with 1988 viewsDarth_Koont

How can a forum be hypocritical?

We don't agree on anything except Kuqi and a zingy, mature cheddar.

Pronouns: He/Him

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 09:15 - May 19 with 1661 viewsKeaneish

TWTD headline; "Jim Ratcliffe buys Ipswich Town" on 19:19 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's the fundamental problem. When a governing body holds no power, the sector in question is open to corruption and abuse ala modern day football. No one's jealous of Manchester City, it's absurd to think so. People just don't care any more and it's sad that an institution like the FA Cup has become bastardised as a exhibition for the football elite.

Manchester City scored 26 goals in 6 games to win the FA cup. That's not competitive. The founding principles of any sport are that it's a competition about ability, not about finance.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024