Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
morning muse.... 07:40 - May 19 with 871 viewsAYACCA

remember waking up to the radio alarm listening to the news on SGR or radio suffolk? buying a newspaper...? reasonably sized mars bars? not so many fat people with huge eyebrows? waiting a week to see the next episode of Red Dwarf or friends? renting a video? driving across Ipswich in under 40 minutes? Sports and social bars? night life?

80s and 90s were classic days.

classic gold amber.

morning muse.... on 07:51 - May 19 with 834 viewsWeWereZombies

Huh, modernist rubbish.

I remember going to work by bus, earlier still the only radio choices being the Home Service or the Light Programme, not being able to get home until the cows had cleared the end of the lane, a newsagent in Wickham Market seeming the most daring thing because he opened on Sunday afternoon, actually dancing around a maypole with ribbons on the first of May, the entire neighbourhood going out together blackberrying with ladders and baskets, hearing that the local team had won the league...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

morning muse.... on 08:15 - May 19 with 804 viewsWD19

morning muse.... on 07:51 - May 19 by WeWereZombies

Huh, modernist rubbish.

I remember going to work by bus, earlier still the only radio choices being the Home Service or the Light Programme, not being able to get home until the cows had cleared the end of the lane, a newsagent in Wickham Market seeming the most daring thing because he opened on Sunday afternoon, actually dancing around a maypole with ribbons on the first of May, the entire neighbourhood going out together blackberrying with ladders and baskets, hearing that the local team had won the league...

Luxury. I used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!
morning muse.... on 08:37 - May 19 with 770 viewsPJH

morning muse.... on 08:15 - May 19 by WD19

Luxury. I used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

We used to dream of eating a handful of hot gravel....
morning muse.... on 10:37 - May 19 with 702 viewsWeWereZombies

OK, getting back to the original post

Good Morning Matt Bellamy, Chris Wolstenholme and Dominic Howard

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

morning muse.... on 10:40 - May 19 with 697 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

morning muse.... on 07:51 - May 19 by WeWereZombies

Huh, modernist rubbish.

.....and yet you voted Remain, such muddled thinking!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

morning muse.... on 11:12 - May 19 with 664 viewsgainsboroughblue

morning muse.... on 08:15 - May 19 by WD19

Dammit.

I logged in to make an 'At last the 1948 show' reference.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024