Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A global proposal on loans 19:56 - May 19 with 478 viewsScottCandage

Consider the market for oil. (Stay with me here.) Many will believe that oil producers have all the bargaining power in oil deals (because they have what the world needs to run), but that is not necessarily true. Once oil is out of the ground, it is worthless unless purchased and consumed. The saying goes, "They can choke on all the oil they'd have to drink." So purchasers in large oil deals do have some power in negotiations.

Now consider the loan market. As it is structured right now, rich clubs poach so many of the young players from smaller clubs, then loan (think of it as a rental cost) them out to other (or the same) smaller clubs. As we know, what ends up occurring is the smaller club loses an asset, then have to rent someone else's asset to make up for the eventual shortfall. And the big knock-on effect of all that we are too familiar with.

It is assumed that small clubs have no power against the big clubs in these dealings, but I submit that prospects are like oil - are the big clubs going to play them? No. Then small clubs MUST band together and say NO, NO more loans on your terms. In fact, YOU PAY US for everything, player's salary, insurance, everything, PLUS something on top. You don't like it? Then I hope Jimmy FifteenYearOld that you just robbed from Ipswich bags a brace against ManU next week.

Let the big teams live with their decision to poach the youth of football, as oil producers have to live with the decision to extract oil from the ground - let them choke on their oil unless the loan terms are better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024