Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bees 20:31 - May 19 with 2769 viewsclive_baker

Never see them around anymore do you? Have we killed them all off with pesticides?

I swear when I was a kid you would always get bees circling during BBQ season. Never see them anymore.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bees on 20:34 - May 19 with 2738 viewsjeera

To bee fair the weather hasn't been so great so far this season.

Last summer I was beginning to wonder what the fuss was about as I've never seen so many in all me days.

The green bean plants certainly benefited from their presence, as did my tomatoes et al.

You're right though that so far this year I've not seen many at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bees on 20:35 - May 19 with 2740 viewsGeoffSentence

I see them around, I was watching one in contest with my venus fly trap earlier. Oh what a spectacle that was.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bees on 20:38 - May 19 with 2722 viewsFtnfwest

We never had BBQs when I was a kid
Bees on 20:39 - May 19 with 2723 viewsjeera

Bees on 20:38 - May 19 by Ftnfwest

We never had BBQs when I was a kid

Oh come now.

That hot ash hole in the ground was as near as dammit and probably where the idea came from.

Bees on 20:42 - May 19 with 2699 viewsclive_baker

Bees on 20:34 - May 19 by jeera

To bee fair the weather hasn't been so great so far this season.

Last summer I was beginning to wonder what the fuss was about as I've never seen so many in all me days.

The green bean plants certainly benefited from their presence, as did my tomatoes et al.

You're right though that so far this year I've not seen many at all.

I think people forget how important they are, pollinating plants and ting.

We need to show out bees a little more respect.

#loveBees #SaveTheBee #DontBeeAC**t

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bees on 20:44 - May 19 with 2678 viewsGuthrum

Seen lots of bees this year. Was watching a very busy colony of buff-tails this morning.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bees on 20:45 - May 19 with 2678 viewsjeera

Bees on 20:42 - May 19 by clive_baker

I think people forget how important they are, pollinating plants and ting.

We need to show out bees a little more respect.

#loveBees #SaveTheBee #DontBeeAC**t

I'm one of those sad types who goes out with a teaspoon of honey to give them a boost when they're all spent

I have seen contradictory research on whether this is a good thing or not, but it's hard to not do anything when they're clearly on their last legs..

Bees on 22:09 - May 19 with 2579 viewsWeWereZombies

Quite a few in my garden for the last couple of months or so. It could have something to do with whether you live somewhere which has been mainly concreted over or somewhere with flowers so they have something to attract them.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bees on 22:27 - May 19 with 2551 viewsBinner

I find it odd that there are people who teach their children to be frightened of bees.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Bees on 22:32 - May 19 with 2541 viewsjeera

Bees on 22:27 - May 19 by Binner

I find it odd that there are people who teach their children to be frightened of bees.

My dear old greyhound once stuck his nose into a managed hive whilst we were out for a walk. There were several of them all stacked here and there, close to each other.

We ran and ran and I was still picking them out of his fur some time later.

They were really pissed off.

Bees on 23:08 - May 19 with 2456 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I see loads in our garden.

Neighbour had a bees nest last year.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bees on 08:45 - May 20 with 2334 viewsBangor31

All i know is that bee's don't like vibration

we had 6 hives on our farm 4 years ago but because we put horses in the field the bees weren't producing honey anymore so we have non now (i think i might have found a new spot for them).

if you're in an area of construction this might do it?

I was on the farm this weekend and saw about 10 bumble bees but not one wasp or honey bee or any other type of bee for that matter. the badgers have killed a good proportion of wasp nest round us over the years which has made Mum and Sister very happy but they are just as integral to the ecosystem as bees.
i did hear a load of activity in the one hedge so maybe they are just getting ready to get pollinating. sounds in line with an earlier post talking bout it's not quite the bee season yet
Bees on 09:47 - May 20 with 2268 viewsGeoffSentence

Bees on 22:27 - May 19 by Binner

My brother-in-law tried to teach his daughters the opposite, specfically that dead bees are quite safe and cannot sting you. He did this by putting a dead bee in his mouth.

It stung him.

His tongue swelled up and he had to go to hospital where they administered adrenalin.

His daughters are now sh1t scared of all insects and bees in particular.

If you didn't know already:

1. Dead bees can sting
2. My brother-in-law is a bit of a cockwomble*

Edit: Suffolk people refer to this colloquially as a willychafer
[Post edited 20 May 2019 9:49]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bees on 09:55 - May 20 with 2244 viewslowhouseblue

I have 3 very active colonies in the eaves of a house i'm renovating. don't want to kill them, not sure how a bee keeper would collect them, and if they go i'm sure another lot will just move in. inclined just to leave them until I replace the roof - unless there are any twtd experts?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bees on 11:02 - May 20 with 2185 viewsDebsyAngel

Have seen quite a few in my garden in IP3. And one flew in the kitchen last week but shooed it out. I would never kill one though.
Bees on 11:18 - May 20 with 2175 viewsDarth_Koont

A hornet got into the house and terrorised me yesterday. Fewer of them would be good.

I'm not afraid of bees and wasps but this thing was so big I'm surprised it could fly.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bees on 11:19 - May 20 with 2173 viewsPiercingBlue

There is one in my garden right now, proper buzzing
Bees on 11:38 - May 20 with 2149 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bees on 11:18 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

A hornet got into the house and terrorised me yesterday. Fewer of them would be good.

I'm not afraid of bees and wasps but this thing was so big I'm surprised it could fly.

Years back, I was on a field trip with girl who got a hornet stuck in her very long, fly-away hair. That was an entertaining watch!

There's a bee colony/hive on the corner of our office. Not sure what they're going to do with it. Can wild bees be caught and transferred to captive hives?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bees on 11:54 - May 20 with 2135 viewslowhouseblue

Bees on 11:38 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Years back, I was on a field trip with girl who got a hornet stuck in her very long, fly-away hair. That was an entertaining watch!

There's a bee colony/hive on the corner of our office. Not sure what they're going to do with it. Can wild bees be caught and transferred to captive hives?

yes definitely. you just need a bee keeper to be able to get access to then to get them into a box. we need a twtd bee keeper.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bees on 12:20 - May 20 with 2108 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bees on 11:54 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

yes definitely. you just need a bee keeper to be able to get access to then to get them into a box. we need a twtd bee keeper.

Ta. There's a couple of beekeepers around her, so hopefully one of them will be taking them. TWTD definitely needs a keeper of the bees.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bees on 12:29 - May 20 with 2094 viewsDubtractor

My garden is full of them. Though it also has loads of flowers and blossom, bee hotels, and a couple of ponds for them to have a drink from.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bees on 15:50 - May 26 with 1913 viewstrueblue1970

Bees on 12:29 - May 20 by Dubtractor

My garden is full of them. Though it also has loads of flowers and blossom, bee hotels, and a couple of ponds for them to have a drink from.

Same here,Ip13

Also got two bubble bee nests this year in garden
Bees on 16:00 - May 26 with 1900 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yes we're killing them.....
https://www.scotsman.com/news/environment/many-uk-bee-species-on-brink-of-extinc

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bees on 16:12 - May 26 with 1885 viewstrueblue1970

Bees on 16:00 - May 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes we're killing them.....
https://www.scotsman.com/news/environment/many-uk-bee-species-on-brink-of-extinc

Awareness is better now a lot more people making gardens more bee friendly

Maybe to late ? Shouldn’t stop us from trying
Bees on 19:59 - May 26 with 1780 viewsMJallday

Few in my garden at the moment. I leave them
Alone to do their thing on the lavender

Particularly hardy wasp the other day. I smacked it 4 times with a swatted against a window. Leaving it for dead 2 hours later i swatted it again and then flung it against a neighbours fence
Where it made a resounding thud

About an hour later it had flown off. Little sh1t

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024