Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) 22:20 - May 19 with 1240 viewsGuthrum

These things:

"Sowbugs" was the term I learnt as a child. That's "sow" as in female pig, not as in seeds.
[Post edited 19 May 2019 22:21]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:25 - May 19 with 1216 viewsBinner

I'm boring. I've only known them as woodlice.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:27 - May 19 with 1211 viewsGuthrum

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:25 - May 19 by Binner

I'm boring. I've only known them as woodlice.

I don't know whether "sowbug" is a Suffolk term or a family one.

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:28 - May 19 with 1207 viewsnorth_stand77

Rolly Pigs, another Suffolk term I believe.
Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:28 - May 19 with 1206 viewsfactual_blue

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:27 - May 19 by Guthrum

American?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlouse#Common_names

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:33 - May 19 with 1196 viewsGuthrum

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:28 - May 19 by factual_blue

American?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlouse#Common_names

Maybe came across with US airmen during the War, if so?

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 23:05 - May 19 with 1131 viewssparks

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:33 - May 19 by Guthrum

Wife says they are slaters.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 23:46 - May 19 with 1104 viewsfactual_blue

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:33 - May 19 by Guthrum

Over here with their fancy cigarettes, chocolate, nylons and woodlice.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 05:46 - May 20 with 1023 viewsbrogansnose

Eariwigs.

Got that from my Gran when I was a kid and it seemed to be in general use IIRC.
Login to get fewer ads

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 06:05 - May 20 with 1016 viewsWeWereZombies

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 05:46 - May 20 by brogansnose

Eariwigs.

And earwigs were called woodilice?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 08:33 - May 20 with 967 viewsPendejo

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 05:46 - May 20 by brogansnose

Eariwigs.

But this is an ear wig... different shape

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 08:38 - May 20 with 951 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Always known them as 'Chucky Pigs'

Gus Uhlenbeek

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 08:40 - May 20 with 946 viewsCoco

Thought it was ‘woodlouse’

Suppose woodlice is plural!

Duh
[Post edited 20 May 2019 8:41]

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 11:18 - May 20 with 870 viewsSwansea_Blue

Woodlice - what would you call them? (following on from Binner's thread) on 22:27 - May 19 by Guthrum

I've never met your family so it would be rude to comment.

(I've never heard the term, so it's unlikely to be midlands, which is where my clan comes from, or Suffolk)
[Post edited 20 May 2019 11:19]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024