Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yoghurt knitting 23:34 - May 19 with 964 viewssparks

What's the most yoghurt knitty environment you have ever experienced?

I went to an extraordinary open mic tonight. 2nd act played 12 minutes straight of what could best be described as improvised avant garde folk noodling.

Next a very pretty lady in huge pantaloon trousers and shawls played sophisticated jazz folk chords with songs she had written inspired by the words of a Sufi poet.

After that a bloke in flip flops played self penned Dylanesque songs accompanied by a friend who played a traditional Armenian double reeded instrument.

He went on to say that he would be pleased to offer energy to the open mic project before explaining he had been arrested today and assaulted by a policeman with'inhumane energy' and swearing a lot. Turns out he was done for driving his van without insurance because he couldn't afford it. No excuse. .. seriously. ... He then sang about 'the land'. Before his mate did a folk song on an African instrument with metal pingy things and a lacquered shell of some sort.

Oh. I forgot the elderly couple who played very sophisticated instrumentals on guitar and mandolin inspired by places they have visited around the world and the animals they saw there.
[Post edited 19 May 2019 23:45]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Yoghurt knitting on 23:35 - May 19 with 937 viewsHerbivore

Sounds terrible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yoghurt knitting on 00:32 - May 20 with 888 viewsBlueBadger

Cambridge Folk Club. Raffle prizes(Martin Simpson 'Folk Music is mostly songs to the accompaniment of a raffle') included someone's homemade jam and a CD of one of the regulars' own compositions. It's the only raffle to date where Mrs Badger hasn't told me off for not buying a ticket.
Oh, and I once saw a duo there who played what they called a 'vampire love song'. It was a composition of theirs based around the plot of the first 'Twilight' film.

That is all.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 8:16]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yoghurt knitting on 01:20 - May 20 with 850 viewsamdam81

I'm pissing myself at this 😂👍👌..

Amdam81

Yoghurt knitting on 06:12 - May 20 with 776 viewsWeWereZombies

I've got one of those African thumb pianos. And I've performed at the Cambridge Folk Club open mic in the early hours of the morning after a Cambridge Folk Festival, Mr. Badger.

Do I win this one?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024