Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emiliano Sala - got to feel for his family 08:13 - May 20 with 1199 viewsBobbychase

A lot more to come out on this sorry story surely

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48284862

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Emiliano Sala - got to feel for his family on 08:56 - May 20 with 1023 viewsGuthrum

Who knows if pressure was put upon the pilot to set off in unsuitable conditions to get Sala back to Cardiff asap - perhaps to complete the last bits of paperwork finalising the deal? That could have come from either club, the player himself, his personal agent or the McKays wanting to put in their bill.

As a result, two men are dead.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 9:01]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Emiliano Sala - got to feel for his family on 09:46 - May 20 with 853 viewsArnieM

The two football clubs are a disgrace frankly .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Emiliano Sala - got to feel for his family on 10:29 - May 20 with 765 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting to read the comments from the pilot there. At the time he went missing I was looking at some of the comments on a pilots forum about this trip. Even with the little that was known back then, just the current conditions, type of plane, etc., the vast majority raised questions as to whether they should have taken off.

The whole thing has a nasty smell about it.
- It lifts the lid on how this deal was done. Willie McKay seems to have been the lead in all of this even though he's not licenced to be an agent or 'intermediary' either here or in France. That's a grave breach of FA rules.
- It lifts the lid on how the flight was made. Willie admits to paying for it, so it was not a cost sharing flight, which is all that was allowed under the licence . That's an offence, leading up to 2 years jail time.
- It lifts the lid on how the flight was managed by the company. The pilot shouldn't have been up there on that type of flight, at that time of day.
- It highlights the ugly side of the money men in the game - Cardiff were quick enough to claim Sala as their player, parade him in front of the fans and then claim the sympathy. They're not so quick to claim him when Nantes come calling for their transfer fee.

RIP Emiliano Sala. You've been exploited and badly let down by the people you placed your trust in, and paid the ultimate price. I hope those guilty are made to face the consequences and pay for their grubby actions.

it would be nice to think that this may trigger a review and restructuring of how agents, and managers complicit in these types of activities, operate in the game. I'm not holding my breath though. There's too much money sloshing around and corruption for anyone to take this seriously.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024