Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) 11:05 - May 20 with 6046 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 12:24 - May 20 with 2116 viewscatch74

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 12:08 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

Likewise Adeyemi I guess.

Shame with Adeyemi - if fit, would be something different to what we have -but clearly can’t risk wages on him and Huws, especially with the extra games this season.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 12:42 - May 20 with 2080 viewsmonty_radio

Always appeared to me a half-decent player looking for a role that would take him up a notch. Even his detractors refer here to his speed, but it never seemed to me to be of the requisite pace for an out-and-out winger.

I was hopeful when Klug pronounced him a right wing-back. but that experiment quickly fell by the wayside.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 12:57 - May 20 with 2031 viewsPJH

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:18 - May 20 by Steve_M

Not totally a surprise, too inconsistent and didn't ever establish himself as either a winger or a central midfielder. His good performances were decent though (Millwall away last season he was excellent for example) and I thought he should have played more than he did then.

I see his career is already being rewritten to have been 45 minutes on his debut.

Laughable that last bit isn't it?

Admittedly he did not score three goals in 45 minutes again but not many people do score three goals in 45 minutes on a consistent basis.

He had a number of pretty good games but equally a number of anonymous ones.

Good luck to him and all of the others leaving wherever they end up.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 13:02 - May 20 with 2021 viewsArnieM

I’m not shocked at Grant Ward going . He’s fine nothing since his debut game tbh.

I suspect other players would have also been shown the door had they not still been on contract .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 13:06 - May 20 with 2001 viewsDubtractor

I'm shocked that you are shocked tbh.

Solid enough player, but we have a huge squad and need to reduce it. He is nowhere near important enough to try to keep.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 14:35 - May 20 with 1939 viewsJ2BLUE

Suspect our option to keep him is on the wages he was on. Perhaps we've been trying to negotiate with players to sign a deal on lower terms and they've refused?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 14:38 - May 20 with 1934 viewsPJH

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 14:35 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Suspect our option to keep him is on the wages he was on. Perhaps we've been trying to negotiate with players to sign a deal on lower terms and they've refused?

There must have been some of those released that we wanted to keep otherwise the retained list would have been published earlier.

If we had made up our minds not to keep any of them there was no negotiations necessary.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 15:43 - May 20 with 1886 viewsTown_Boy

Few ££££ spent on rehab and surgery. Goodbye

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Login to get fewer ads

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 17:54 - May 20 with 1842 viewsbournemouthblue

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:11 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

Hugely frustrating player - not least because he seemed to have all the right attributes but so rarely had the impact you were waiting for.

And difficult to see where he fits in with Judge, Edwards and Lankester all taking up his more attacking and wide position. Then loads ahead of him for a more conventional midfield role.

Makes sense for both parties really.

Sadly he'll probably join someone else and rekindle his career

He has talent there but MM quickly sucked the life out of him

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 18:10 - May 20 with 1832 viewsTrequartista

You shouldn't say shocked when you mean a bit surprised, otherwise when something really is shocking, you'll run out words to use.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 18:14 - May 20 with 1823 viewsGarv

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:25 - May 20 by chicoazul

How long before we see people accuse him of arrogance and laziness?

I'd have gone with 'up his own arse and generally work-shy.'

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 19:52 - May 20 with 1777 viewsjas0999

The very occasional good game. Nothing special. Likely on high wage. No surprise he goes in my opinion. None of them worth keeping.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 20:10 - May 20 with 1761 viewsGerkensBeard

Thing is what does he offer you? As a winger he can’t beat a man or put a good ball in. As a central player he’s too lightweight. I think he’ll struggle to find a club personally
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 20:23 - May 20 with 1750 viewsSonOfSpock

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:07 - May 20 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He's done nothing since his debut in fairness and isn't really a winger or a central midfielder. We have plenty of players ahead of him in the position he'd ideally play.

Agreed. His scoring record is poor. Ignoring his debut hattrick he got 5 in 74 starts and 23 sub .

I'm not sure he or the club knew what his position is/was.

Wish him well in his recovery however.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 20:50 - May 20 with 1720 viewseireblue

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 18:10 - May 20 by Trequartista

You shouldn't say shocked when you mean a bit surprised, otherwise when something really is shocking, you'll run out words to use.

Awesome post.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 04:30 - May 21 with 1636 viewsVaughan8

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:07 - May 20 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He's done nothing since his debut in fairness and isn't really a winger or a central midfielder. We have plenty of players ahead of him in the position he'd ideally play.

A bit harsh. He looked good for the first few months but then either had the attacking side of him taken out of him, or lost confidence and didn't run past defenders anymore.

It's a shame as I think he was definitely.good enough for us in league 1. However we do have a lot of midfielders and maybe Lambert prefers the other players.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 06:16 - May 21 with 1611 viewsMrTown

Genuine question. Town have a duty of care to injured players, but Adeyemi has been out for about 12 months and has shown no sign of improvement.

What if he never gets fit again, will he just be in the medical room for the next 5 years?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 08:29 - May 21 with 1579 viewsitfcjoe

I'd have looked to have kept him, felt he was very underused by Mick, he seemd to come in and have a good game then be dropped - obviously wasn't trusted though.

He is doing his rehab here, wouldn't surprise me if he gets a deal when fit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024