Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) 11:05 - May 20 with 6045 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:07 - May 20 with 3907 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

He's done nothing since his debut in fairness and isn't really a winger or a central midfielder. We have plenty of players ahead of him in the position he'd ideally play.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:08 - May 20 with 3890 viewsRRB

I never thought he was good enough for the championship. Might be good in league 1 but he probably wouldn't be ready for pre season. Probs best for him and the club in the end.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:08 - May 20 with 3869 viewsGuthrum

A little, yes. But there could be several aspects to this - wages, fitness, the player's own desire to depart/thoughts he can get a job in the Championship.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:10 - May 20 with 3816 viewsbontcho

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:07 - May 20 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He's done nothing since his debut in fairness and isn't really a winger or a central midfielder. We have plenty of players ahead of him in the position he'd ideally play.

This.

Plus we have to cut the squad size.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:11 - May 20 with 3770 viewsDarth_Koont

Hugely frustrating player - not least because he seemed to have all the right attributes but so rarely had the impact you were waiting for.

And difficult to see where he fits in with Judge, Edwards and Lankester all taking up his more attacking and wide position. Then loads ahead of him for a more conventional midfield role.

Makes sense for both parties really.

Pronouns: He/Him

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:13 - May 20 with 3711 viewsGuthrum

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:08 - May 20 by Guthrum

A little, yes. But there could be several aspects to this - wages, fitness, the player's own desire to depart/thoughts he can get a job in the Championship.

Plus both Edwards and Lankester are ahead of him in the pecking order for right-sided midfielder.

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:13 - May 20 with 3703 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:10 - May 20 by bontcho

This.

Plus we have to cut the squad size.

And this is the cleanest way (financially to do it too). Can't see the likes of Knudsen being happy with a new deal at L1 prices, for example. Best ot let go now at no cost to the club.

I can't see too many of them being missed either tbh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:14 - May 20 with 3667 viewsTractorWood

One good game in 15. Utterly anonymous bar that. Probably on decent cash, so makes sense.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:15 - May 20 with 3651 viewschicoazul

Why are you shocked Sitters?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:15 - May 20 with 3649 viewsReuser_is_God

I’m not, he’s sh1t.

I’m delighted that they’ve all gone to be honest, won’t miss any of them.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:15 - May 20 with 3647 viewsRIPbobby

Yes shocked, but I would imagine he was on a decent wage and perhaps he didn't have a relegation clause which might have tipped the balance.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:18 - May 20 with 3581 viewsSteve_M

Not totally a surprise, too inconsistent and didn't ever establish himself as either a winger or a central midfielder. His good performances were decent though (Millwall away last season he was excellent for example) and I thought he should have played more than he did then.

I see his career is already being rewritten to have been 45 minutes on his debut.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:20 - May 20 with 3524 viewsOsborneOneNil

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:15 - May 20 by Reuser_is_God

I’m not, he’s sh1t.

I’m delighted that they’ve all gone to be honest, won’t miss any of them.

Same as that, fella.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:21 - May 20 with 3505 viewsStadiumofdark

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:18 - May 20 by Steve_M

Not totally a surprise, too inconsistent and didn't ever establish himself as either a winger or a central midfielder. His good performances were decent though (Millwall away last season he was excellent for example) and I thought he should have played more than he did then.

I see his career is already being rewritten to have been 45 minutes on his debut.

It's a good clear out - only Ward I'm surprised by. Would have liked to see him given a go in League One, under Lambert.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:21 - May 20 with 3498 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:08 - May 20 by RRB

I never thought he was good enough for the championship. Might be good in league 1 but he probably wouldn't be ready for pre season. Probs best for him and the club in the end.

He's good enough but doesn't want it enough. He'll drift through his career I'm sure but won't ever reach the sort of level he should have.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:25 - May 20 with 3454 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. He was generally pretty good for us when we counter-attacked with pace and purpose but like all our midfield pretty ineffective whenever we had to take the game to the opposition.

And as you say, he had a few superb games when he was in the mood.

Pronouns: He/Him

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:25 - May 20 with 3446 viewschicoazul

How long before we see people accuse him of arrogance and laziness?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:31 - May 20 with 3383 viewsOldsmoker

I read the ITFC article.
It appears that Grant Ward is out of contract but not out of the club.
The IT medics will continue with his recovery so if he recovers fully there may well be a re-signing if all parties are up for it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:31 - May 20 with 3371 viewsRIPbobby

I can see why Spence was so inconsistent now. Married to that upcoming Hollywood star must be very difficult and I now understand 2 of his sendings off. Letting off steam I reckon.
Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:38 - May 20 with 3286 viewsGuthrum

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:31 - May 20 by Oldsmoker

I read the ITFC article.
The IT medics will continue with his recovery so if he recovers fully there may well be a re-signing if all parties are up for it.

That possibility remains open. Being released before or during a window would allow for that at any time next season.

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:42 - May 20 with 3251 viewsbontcho

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:13 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

And this is the cleanest way (financially to do it too). Can't see the likes of Knudsen being happy with a new deal at L1 prices, for example. Best ot let go now at no cost to the club.

Indeed, and while there’s an element of bad luck of being out of contract this year rather than (say) last summer it is only sensible. We still have over 30 pros.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:44 - May 20 with 3217 viewschicoazul

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:13 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

I already miss Jonas.

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:50 - May 20 with 3181 viewstextbackup

we'll get him fit, he'll prove fitness, sign him at xmas

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 12:08 - May 20 with 3048 viewsITFC_Forever

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:31 - May 20 by Oldsmoker

I read the ITFC article.

Likewise Adeyemi I guess.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 12:22 - May 20 with 2972 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shocked by Grant Ward going tbh (n/t) on 11:42 - May 20 by bontcho

Indeed, and while there’s an element of bad luck of being out of contract this year rather than (say) last summer it is only sensible. We still have over 30 pros.

Way too many isn't it. Lambert needs a core group of about 24/25 and then I want to see him working to improve them, not trying to solve problems by bringing in yet more players as we saw this year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024