Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned 13:01 - May 20 with 5212 viewsStewards_Enquiry

That's an incredible amount of players still on the books and I would expect them to offload even more in the coming month or so!

Decisions will still have to be made on Rowe, Roberts, Drinan, and Cotter I believe !

If were going to freshen the squad up surely 30 players is plenty ?

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:36 - May 21 with 1130 viewsPJH

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 12:46 - May 21 by BrettenhamBlue

Dylan Crowe will also be pushing for first team, especially as he is a England U18 International.

Possibly, if he ever signs a professional contract with ITFC.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 00:36 - Jun 28 with 978 viewsBrettenhamBlue

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:18 - May 20 by Beckets

You need to add McGavin, Dobra and presumably Webber to that list.

And Dylan Crowe will get a professional contract very soon.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 03:00 - Jun 28 with 959 viewsJ2BLUE

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:17 - May 20 by itfcjoe

It really isn't that many players when we need to have an u23 squad of which most will be professionals.

A distinction needs to be made between first teamers and young professionals earning a few hundred pound a week as opposed to a few grand.

The numbers are fine, and we'll need a few more in - not less

This. Counting youth players who have never made a first team appearance is just stupid. If we are serious about having a crack at promotion we need 4-5 players in.

LB, CB, winger and ST. And will people PLEASE stop counting Sears? He's out unti about January. We need cover for the first half of the season. A loan would do in addition to a permanent striker signing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 08:09 - Jun 28 with 837 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 03:00 - Jun 28 by J2BLUE

This. Counting youth players who have never made a first team appearance is just stupid. If we are serious about having a crack at promotion we need 4-5 players in.

LB, CB, winger and ST. And will people PLEASE stop counting Sears? He's out unti about January. We need cover for the first half of the season. A loan would do in addition to a permanent striker signing.

There are only about 3 yoof players in that list everyone else is likely to feature at this point.

Evans and Lambert are very opposed to buying players when we have academy talent to fill those positions, and I think they are right to do so If i'm honest. League one is exactly where we would be looking to send those players on loan, so it might as well be with us.

This season will be sink or swim for a lot of them and for players like Bish, Dozzell, Nydam and Downes, its time to fulfil that potential.

I figure they've probably got until Christmas to prove they can cut it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 11:05 - Jun 28 with 763 viewstextbackup

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 08:09 - Jun 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

There are only about 3 yoof players in that list everyone else is likely to feature at this point.

Evans and Lambert are very opposed to buying players when we have academy talent to fill those positions, and I think they are right to do so If i'm honest. League one is exactly where we would be looking to send those players on loan, so it might as well be with us.

This season will be sink or swim for a lot of them and for players like Bish, Dozzell, Nydam and Downes, its time to fulfil that potential.

majority of our youngsters end up on loan at Chelmsford or such like. very few have been down to L1..... JE is about the only one that springs to mind?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 11:29 - Jun 28 with 738 viewsJ2BLUE

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 08:09 - Jun 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

There are plenty of young players on that list who probably shouldn't be counted. This isn't football manager where you can throw a 17 year old in and they'll score 44 goals. If we are serious about promotion we need a CB and LB badly. We need two strikers (one loan will do to cover Sears) and a winger. The likes of Webber, Cotter, Brown, Nbada, Drinan, Morris, Folami, Wright, McKendry, McGavin, Dobra and Clements being counted seems very odd. We need an U23 team where most of those will feature. We need adequate senior cover. I'm all for throwing the young players in if they can step up but relying on it is asking for trouble.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024