Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned 13:01 - May 20 with 5203 viewsStewards_Enquiry

That's an incredible amount of players still on the books and I would expect them to offload even more in the coming month or so!

Decisions will still have to be made on Rowe, Roberts, Drinan, and Cotter I believe !

If were going to freshen the squad up surely 30 players is plenty ?

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:03 - May 20 with 4032 viewsPJH

I make it 33 or 34 if Pat Webber's extra year has been taken up.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:09 - May 20 with 3994 viewsPhilTWTD

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:03 - May 20 by PJH

I believe it has been, heard something along those lines a while back. A lot of that 30-odd, I made it 31, although could be wrong, are youngsters.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:13 - May 20 with 3956 viewsStewards_Enquiry

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:03 - May 20 by PJH

Janoi DONACIEN
Luke CHAMBERS
Gwion EDWARDS
Cole SKUSE
Kayden JACKSON
Ellis HARRISON
Jon NOLAN
Teddy BISHOP
Tristan NYDAM
Danny ROWE
Jordan ROBERTS
Freddie SEARS
Flynn DOWNES
Aristote NSIALA
Andre DOZZELL
Aaron DRINAN
Josh EMMANUEL
Harry WRIGHT
Myles KENLOCK
Alan JUDGE
Luke WOOLFENDEN
Bartosz BIALKOWSKI
Ben FOLAMI
Ben MORRIS
Jack LANKESTER
Barry COTTER
Pat WEBBER
Idris EL MIZOUNI
Emyr HUWS
Corrie NDABA
Kai BROWN
Tayo EDUN

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:14 - May 20 with 3938 viewsPhilTWTD

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:13 - May 20 by Stewards_Enquiry

Janoi DONACIEN
Luke CHAMBERS
Gwion EDWARDS
Cole SKUSE
Kayden JACKSON
Ellis HARRISON
Jon NOLAN
Teddy BISHOP
Tristan NYDAM
Danny ROWE
Jordan ROBERTS
Freddie SEARS
Flynn DOWNES
Aristote NSIALA
Andre DOZZELL
Aaron DRINAN
Josh EMMANUEL
Harry WRIGHT
Myles KENLOCK
Alan JUDGE
Luke WOOLFENDEN
Bartosz BIALKOWSKI
Ben FOLAMI
Ben MORRIS
Jack LANKESTER
Barry COTTER
Pat WEBBER
Idris EL MIZOUNI
Emyr HUWS
Corrie NDABA
Kai BROWN
Tayo EDUN

Edun was a loanee, went back to Fuham in January. Think 31 is the number, although maths was never a strong point.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:16 - May 20 with 3903 viewsStewards_Enquiry

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:14 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Edun was a loanee, went back to Fuham in January. Think 31 is the number, although maths was never a strong point.

Oh Yes forgot that !

The 31 it is !

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:18 - May 20 with 3870 viewsBeckets

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:16 - May 20 by Stewards_Enquiry

Oh Yes forgot that !

The 31 it is !

You need to add McGavin, Dobra and presumably Webber to that list.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:19 - May 20 with 3858 viewsPJH

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:09 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

I believe it has been, heard something along those lines a while back. A lot of that 30-odd, I made it 31, although could be wrong, are youngsters.

Yes a lot of them are youngsters but the 34(including Webber) on my list are:-

Rowe, Dozzell, Skuse, Roberts, Edwards, Harrison, Clements, Sears, McGavin, Dobra, Kenlock, Emmanuel and Webber-13 up to June 2020 some with options.

Huws, Nydam, Drinan, Cotter, Folami. Bialkowski, Nsiala, Nolan, Jackson, Morris, Wright, El Mizouri, Donacien, Bishop, Brown K.,Chambers and Judge-17 up to June 2021 at least.

Lankester, Woolfenden, Ndaba and Downes-4 up to June 2022 at least.

I believe that that list is correct but...
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:24 - May 20 with 3821 viewsBeckets

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:18 - May 20 by Beckets

Webber already on it...should read Clements. Total 34. I’d say we still need to move a handful more on if we can to accommodate a few signings. Cotter, Roberts and Drinan look like they’ll be nowhere near the first team.
Login to get fewer ads

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:26 - May 20 with 3798 viewsStewards_Enquiry

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:18 - May 20 by Beckets

Are those three on professional contracts?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:26 - May 20 with 3800 viewsPhilTWTD

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:24 - May 20 by Beckets

Webber already on it...should read Clements. Total 34. I’d say we still need to move a handful more on if we can to accommodate a few signings. Cotter, Roberts and Drinan look like they’ll be nowhere near the first team.

Forgot those, was just counting those with squad numbers, yes 34.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:05 - May 20 with 3635 viewsxrayspecs

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:26 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Forgot those, was just counting those with squad numbers, yes 34.

of the 34, only around 15-16 have any real first team experience. I am ignoring random cup appearances and the odd game they may have played.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:12 - May 20 with 3610 viewsPhilTWTD

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:05 - May 20 by xrayspecs

of the 34, only around 15-16 have any real first team experience. I am ignoring random cup appearances and the odd game they may have played.

Indeed, so the senior squad as such is actually very small, particularly when you consider one or two of those signed last summer will almost certainly be moving on.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:17 - May 20 with 3584 viewsitfcjoe

It really isn't that many players when we need to have an u23 squad of which most will be professionals.

A distinction needs to be made between first teamers and young professionals earning a few hundred pound a week as opposed to a few grand.

The numbers are fine, and we'll need a few more in - not less

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:19 - May 20 with 3561 viewsBeckets

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:12 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, so the senior squad as such is actually very small, particularly when you consider one or two of those signed last summer will almost certainly be moving on.

Which ones do you see moving on. Roberts, Donacien?
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:19 - May 20 with 3555 viewsxrayspecs

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:12 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

I think we need to add 5 experienced players

Keeper (Wright could be understudy)
Right back - first choice as not convinced by Emmanuel
Centre Half - cover/challenge for Nsiala and Chambers
Two forwards
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:22 - May 20 with 3535 viewsflimflam

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:19 - May 20 by Beckets

Which ones do you see moving on. Roberts, Donacien?

Bart and Edwards was the whisper at the players end of season bash

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:28 - May 20 with 3496 viewsPhilTWTD

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:19 - May 20 by xrayspecs

I think we need to add 5 experienced players

Keeper (Wright could be understudy)
Right back - first choice as not convinced by Emmanuel
Centre Half - cover/challenge for Nsiala and Chambers
Two forwards

I think Wright might benefit from a loan. If Bart goes I would expect another keeper to come in as I'm not sure Wright is ready for regular League One football and if the number one got injured he could be in for a long haul in the first team given the lack of a loan option these days.

This post has been edited by an administrator
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:32 - May 20 with 3457 viewsPJH

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:28 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

I think Wright might benefit from a loan. If Bart goes I would expect another keeper to come in as I'm not sure Wright is ready for regular League One football and if the number one got injured he could be in for a long haul in the first team given the lack of a loan option these days.

Phil, you are no doubt correct that Wright is not ready for Championship football but you might have noticed that ITFC have had a change of status.

It was mentioned on TWTD.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:32 - May 20 with 3453 viewsxrayspecs

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:28 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Phil - we were relegated you know....

I had not realised we could not loan a GK, so potentially two keepers then
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:35 - May 20 with 3445 viewsPhilTWTD

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:32 - May 20 by xrayspecs

Phil - we were relegated you know....

I had not realised we could not loan a GK, so potentially two keepers then

Ha, 17 years is hard to get out of the system! I'm sure you know what I meant, not ready for being the first-choice at our level.
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:36 - May 20 with 3432 viewsPhilTWTD

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:32 - May 20 by PJH

Phil, you are no doubt correct that Wright is not ready for Championship football but you might have noticed that ITFC have had a change of status.

It was mentioned on TWTD.

I never trust that source!
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 14:53 - May 20 with 3367 viewschicoazul

"TWTD confirms Kayden Jackson and Janoi Donacien are both told 'do one' by Lambert"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 11:30 - May 21 with 2822 viewsFreddy

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:19 - May 20 by PJH

Rowe, Dozzell, Skuse, Roberts, Edwards, Harrison, Clements, Sears, McGavin, Dobra, Kenlock, Emmanuel and Webber-13 up to June 2020 some with options.

Huws, Nydam, Drinan, Cotter, Folami. Bialkowski, Nsiala, Nolan, Jackson, Morris, Wright, El Mizouri, Donacien, Bishop, Brown K.,Chambers and Judge-17 up to June 2021 at least.

Still need to trim to under 30
We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 11:51 - May 21 with 2765 viewsitfcjoe

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 11:30 - May 21 by Freddy

Still need to trim to under 30

You really don't, it will end up about 40

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 12:46 - May 21 with 2681 viewsBrettenhamBlue

We still have 32 professionals by my reckoning with 16 gone or returned on 13:19 - May 20 by PJH

Dylan Crowe will also be pushing for first team, especially as he is a England U18 International.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024