Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor bloke... 13:19 - May 20 with 8063 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Poor bloke... on 14:57 - May 20 with 1676 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor bloke... on 14:52 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

I have infinitely more respect for any person who gets out there and does something, anything, to try and defend the rights of others than the person who sits at home and moans about them on the internet.

Which of those people is the one achieving nothing?
[Post edited 20 May 2019 14:56]

Both of them. Throwing a milkshake does nothing but give some of you a semi.

We will never agree. I don't agree with his views but I don't have any desire to stop him holding a peaceful rally. It's not my right to say what he can and can't do.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Poor bloke... on 14:57 - May 20 with 1676 viewsBlueBadger

Poor bloke... on 14:53 - May 20 by J2BLUE

What if you are anti Corbyn and don't want him to hold rallies either?

Can you punch him?

If he's openly advocating the demonisation, targeting and persecution of minority groups and hanging around with people who also do it, yes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Poor bloke... on 14:58 - May 20 with 1661 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Poor bloke... on 14:50 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

We have been trying to do that for weeks now. Plenty of posters have asked him multiple times for his thoughts, and he runs away. He just parrots the same line, over and over. He won't answer.

There's a life lesson here for you matey. Maybe you should avail yourself of the actual situation before spouting off in future.

Life lesson (snigger).
Poor bloke... on 14:58 - May 20 with 1670 viewsfooters

Poor bloke... on 14:57 - May 20 by J2BLUE

We will never agree. I don't agree with his views but I don't have any desire to stop him holding a peaceful rally. It's not my right to say what he can and can't do.

"does nothing but give some of you a semi"

So,again, point out what's wrong here?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Poor bloke... on 14:59 - May 20 with 1664 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor bloke... on 14:56 - May 20 by blueblueburleymcgrew

If you advocate punching people you disagree with or condone the throwing of milkshake over politicians it won’t be long before someone takes it to the next level and chucks acid over a politician.

It’s not how you win a political argument and in this case I suspect it will actually be counter productive.

These aren't politicians. They are agitators advocating for the harassment, abuse and discrimination of innocent people. The kind of people who support these agitators have already murdered innocent people following the kind of awful worldviews they promote.

I'm glad that someone is willing to tackle them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Poor bloke... on 15:00 - May 20 with 1649 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor bloke... on 14:55 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

You didn't at the time. I had to tell you about him. You knew nothing about him before coming out and condemning the kid who threw the egg.

Having no flexibility in your worldview isn't something to celebrate J2.

Anyhow, no need to discuss further. As you said, you are inflexible. I believe in tackling discrimination, harassment and abuse directly, you just want to moan about those who do so online.

That's because the kid was wrong.

Having a set of principles isn't having an inflexible world view. Your flexible world view is just a justification for your hypocrisy.

You believe in direct action like throwing milkshakes. Achieves nothing but allows you to feel smug and superior so no surprise it's right up your street.

Truly impaired.

Poor bloke... on 15:01 - May 20 with 1632 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You didn't at the time. I had to tell you about him. You knew nothing about him before coming out and condemning the kid who threw the egg.

Having no flexibility in your worldview isn't something to celebrate J2.

Anyhow, no need to discuss further. As you said, you are inflexible. I believe in tackling discrimination, harassment and abuse directly, you just want to moan about those who do so online.

‘I believe in tackling discrimination, harassment and abuse’

When are you going to stop harassing and abusing posters on here then?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Poor bloke... on 15:01 - May 20 with 1647 viewsJ2BLUE

Are you suggesting Corbyn and Richard Spencer are the same thing?

No i'm asking if it's ok to take such action against anyone we disagree with.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Poor bloke... on 15:02 - May 20 with 1636 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor bloke... on 14:57 - May 20 by J2BLUE

" It's not my right to say what he can and can't do."

Unless it's someone else protesting them, clearly. Then you're more than happy to decide that it is wrong. Encouraging harassment and abuse though, that's not your place to try and prevent happening.

Got it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Poor bloke... on 15:05 - May 20 with 1612 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor bloke... on 15:00 - May 20 by J2BLUE

That's because the kid was wrong.

Having a set of principles isn't having an inflexible world view. Your flexible world view is just a justification for your hypocrisy.

You believe in direct action like throwing milkshakes. Achieves nothing but allows you to feel smug and superior so no surprise it's right up your street.

Not sure turning a blind eye is a principle. But you make do with what you have I guess.

Poor bloke... on 15:06 - May 20 with 1613 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor bloke... on 15:02 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

" It's not my right to say what he can and can't do."

Unless it's someone else protesting them, clearly. Then you're more than happy to decide that it is wrong. Encouraging harassment and abuse though, that's not your place to try and prevent happening.

Got it.

Bit of difference between holding a peaceful rally and dumping milkshakes and eggs on people.

I'm sure the kind of people who attend his rallies do worse to the anti-racism protesters who turn up which is wrong too.

Are you in favour of the death penalty? Or do you believe it's wrong in all circumstances? Some people truly deserve it.

Truly impaired.

Poor bloke... on 15:07 - May 20 with 1605 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor bloke... on 15:01 - May 20 by J2BLUE

No i'm asking if it's ok to take such action against anyone we disagree with.

Just the ones actively encouraging the abuse, harassment, deportation, abuse and. in some cases, murder of others.

I can see why in the face of all that you're getting so upset about some dairy products being thrown about.

Poor bloke... on 15:07 - May 20 with 1595 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Poor bloke... on 14:59 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

These aren't politicians. They are agitators advocating for the harassment, abuse and discrimination of innocent people. The kind of people who support these agitators have already murdered innocent people following the kind of awful worldviews they promote.

I'm glad that someone is willing to tackle them.

Tackling them with a sweet cold milk shake is hardly taking the debate to them.
Poor bloke... on 15:07 - May 20 with 1600 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor bloke... on 15:05 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

Not sure turning a blind eye is a principle. But you make do with what you have I guess.

Who said anything about turning a blind eye?

We're talking about throwing a milkshake over someone and what it achieves.

Truly impaired.

Poor bloke... on 15:07 - May 20 with 1597 viewsBlueBadger

Poor bloke... on 15:06 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Bit of difference between holding a peaceful rally and dumping milkshakes and eggs on people.

I'm sure the kind of people who attend his rallies do worse to the anti-racism protesters who turn up which is wrong too.

Are you in favour of the death penalty? Or do you believe it's wrong in all circumstances? Some people truly deserve it.

Nobody deserves the death penalty. The worst in society deserve to live constantly in fear of their fellow lags.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Poor bloke... on 15:09 - May 20 with 1587 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor bloke... on 15:06 - May 20 by J2BLUE

You mean like drive a car into them and murder them?

Yeah you're right. The people these blokes court have done far worse than throw a milkshake or an egg.

Doesn't surprise me you're for the death penalty at all. Predictable.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 15:09]

Poor bloke... on 15:10 - May 20 with 1572 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor bloke... on 15:09 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

You mean like drive a car into them and murder them?

Yeah you're right. The people these blokes court have done far worse than throw a milkshake or an egg.

Doesn't surprise me you're for the death penalty at all. Predictable.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 15:09]

I'm not for the death penalty. I was making a point.

Truly impaired.

Poor bloke... on 15:10 - May 20 with 1570 viewsfooters

Poor bloke... on 15:07 - May 20 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Tackling them with a sweet cold milk shake is hardly taking the debate to them.

The debate is taken to them frequently. It's just that Farage ignores all the points people make and carries on regardless. What else do you do when someone won't debate?

He's a dangerous liar and hypocrite. Unfortunately he seems to have a lot of supporters, even on this board...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Poor bloke... on 15:11 - May 20 with 1564 viewsBlueBadger

Poor bloke... on 15:10 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Strictly speaking, you were strawmanning.

Poor bloke... on 15:11 - May 20 with 1562 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor bloke... on 15:10 - May 20 by J2BLUE

You might want to edit your post then.

The part that says 'some people truly deserve it' reads like... you think some people truly deserve it.

Poor bloke... on 15:12 - May 20 with 1551 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor bloke... on 15:11 - May 20 by BlueBadger

Strictly speaking, you were strawmanning.

Not really. I was making a point that some things are wrong in all cases.

Admittedly it's a bit of a jump from a milkshake to the death penalty.

Truly impaired.

Poor bloke... on 15:14 - May 20 with 1536 viewseireblue

Poor bloke... on 14:00 - May 20 by Luk38644

Kinder politics ey?

I suspect NF will have the last laugh this coming Friday morning.

The National Front?

Yes, I suspect they will.
Poor bloke... on 15:16 - May 20 with 1527 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Poor bloke... on 15:10 - May 20 by footers

The debate is taken to them frequently. It's just that Farage ignores all the points people make and carries on regardless. What else do you do when someone won't debate?

He's a dangerous liar and hypocrite. Unfortunately he seems to have a lot of supporters, even on this board...

My point is more general in nature, chucking milk shakes or smashing eggs on people’s heads is not the way to conduct political debate whatever side of the fence you are on.

Sadly the term “dangerous liar and hypocrite” could be describing a fair cross section of politicians of all persuasions.
Poor bloke... on 15:16 - May 20 with 1527 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor bloke... on 15:11 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

You might want to edit your post then.

The part that says 'some people truly deserve it' reads like... you think some people truly deserve it.

I see your point. What I meant was you and me probably agree that the death penalty is wrong in all cases (we now know we do agree on that). I was making the point that some people do truly evil things and you could argue they deserve to die. That doesn't change our blanket opposition to it though.

Admittedly not the smoothest point i've ever made but it was just that sometimes things that are wrong are wrong in all cases. That's my opinion

Truly impaired.

Poor bloke... on 15:16 - May 20 with 1522 viewsLuk38644

Poor bloke... on 15:12 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Not really. I was making a point that some things are wrong in all cases.

Admittedly it's a bit of a jump from a milkshake to the death penalty.

I think the point you're trying to make that no one can deny is that there is no place in politics for physical force and assault. It wasn't OK when it happened to Corbyn, Jo Cox, Miliband, Prescott or Farage.

As others have said, if a milkshake can be thrown on someone you disagree with, why can't acid? It shouldn't be accepted in any shape or form.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024