Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't understand why people would want to do this 13:41 - May 20 with 964 viewsStokieBlue

Seems like they are basically doing it to get around any possible future gun controls (although they would seem unlikely in the US):

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/3d-printed-guns-blueprints

I can't fathom the mindset of someone who would think this is a good idea or a good use of their time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 13:47 - May 20 with 934 viewsfooters

Can you 3D print thoughts and prayers too, or just guns?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:07 - May 20 with 884 viewsThrobbe

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 13:47 - May 20 by footers

Can you 3D print thoughts and prayers too, or just guns?

No, but presumably you can also print guns for teachers so this is a great move to stop school shootings.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:11 - May 20 with 871 viewsfooters

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:07 - May 20 by Throbbe

No, but presumably you can also print guns for teachers so this is a great move to stop school shootings.

What will happen when 3D printers can print 3D printers? We'll end up being enslaved by a bunch of glorified fax machines, no doubt.

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:13 - May 20 with 857 viewsGuthrum

Making guns is relatively easy. The tricky bit is producing ammunition, which can't be 3D printed.

Attempting to fabricate home-made percussion caps (an essential part of cartriges) is liable to result in blowing yourself up, plus the chemicals involved are mostly toxic.

That's on top of having to build your own brass foundry.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:14 - May 20 with 843 viewsStokieBlue

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:11 - May 20 by footers

What will happen when 3D printers can print 3D printers? We'll end up being enslaved by a bunch of glorified fax machines, no doubt.

Ask von Neumann.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:16 - May 20 with 839 viewshomer_123

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:13 - May 20 by Guthrum

Making guns is relatively easy. The tricky bit is producing ammunition, which can't be 3D printed.

Attempting to fabricate home-made percussion caps (an essential part of cartriges) is liable to result in blowing yourself up, plus the chemicals involved are mostly toxic.

Ammunition isn't an issue though.

Within the US you can buy 'most' (not all) ammunition without have a gun or firearm licence.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:18 - May 20 with 826 viewslowhouseblue

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:13 - May 20 by Guthrum

ammunition doesn't kill people - it's guns that kill people … have i got that right?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:19 - May 20 with 821 viewsBlueBadger

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:18 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

ammunition doesn't kill people - it's guns that kill people … have i got that right?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:20 - May 20 with 817 viewsfooters

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:18 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

Depends how hard you lob them.

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:28 - May 20 with 783 viewsGuthrum

I don't understand why people would want to do this on 14:16 - May 20 by homer_123

Ammunition isn't an issue though.

Within the US you can buy 'most' (not all) ammunition without have a gun or firearm licence.

I'm talking about in a gun control environment. Why bother printing a gun currently in the US when it's relatively easy to buy one*?

* And much safer, given the relative strengths of metal and plastic with the forces involved.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024