Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? 15:23 - May 20 with 1415 viewsFixed_It

I presume some were offered reduced terms which they turned down, otherwise the list would have been publicised before now.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 15:42 - May 20 with 1367 viewsdavblue

Im surprised we didn't offer Ward something being as he injured himself playing for us.

Seems like he isn't being looked after from that point of view.
Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 15:43 - May 20 with 1357 viewsPendejo

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 15:42 - May 20 by davblue

Im surprised we didn't offer Ward something being as he injured himself playing for us.

Club has said medical care continues, he will no doubt have some sort of insurance etc.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 15:49 - May 20 with 1337 viewsdavblue

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 15:43 - May 20 by Pendejo

Club has said medical care continues, he will no doubt have some sort of insurance etc.

purely from a contract perspective i mean. Even a 6 month deal, something along those lines, appreciate it isn't a charity.
Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 15:53 - May 20 with 1313 viewsNo9

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 15:42 - May 20 by davblue

Looked good when he first came to Town-
Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 16:04 - May 20 with 1263 viewsuefacup81

Can't agree with you there.

Looking after his ongoing treatment is all that that club should feel that they have to do.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 16:18 - May 20 with 1216 viewsPJH

Could be any or all of Gerken, Ward and Collins I suppose.
Not much chance of it being Knudsen, Spence, Dawkins or Adeyemi.

Obviously if negotiations were going on then ITFC wanted to keep at least one of those released but terms could not be agreed.

edit-less likely possibility was that they tried to get Knudsen to stay.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 16:20]
Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 07:09 - May 21 with 940 viewsWarkystache

Personally, I wouldn't have kept any of them. Possibly Gerks, if I'm being sentimental, but we need players who actually do play sometimes.

Spence might've done a job in defence......

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 08:06 - May 21 with 823 viewsChurchman

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 07:09 - May 21 by Warkystache

Personally, I wouldn't have kept any of them. Possibly Gerks, if I'm being sentimental, but we need players who actually do play sometimes.

Spence might've done a job in defence......

We need people who want to play, playing in their correct positions. I get the feeling that because the club (Evans) was happy with lower mid table, expectations on players was so low that for some of them getting fit, staying fit and playing was not a priority. It’s no coincidence both Webster and McGoldrick rose like Lazarus this season. All the released players (along with those who have stayed of course) have contributed to little other than the worst position of the club in 60 years. No loss. There are a few others that we should be shipping out too in my view.
Keeping players who can ‘do a job’? No thanks, whether it’s Spence in defence (a poor player) or Skuse at sweeper. He will get found out even in that league. If we want to compete, we need fit players in their right positions playing to a pattern.
Login to get fewer ads

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 08:21 - May 21 with 802 viewsArnieM

This must be one of the few times where I’m happy with who’s leaving . There’s not a single player on that list that we will miss or that I am upset is leaving . Wish there were one or two more on that list that we could get shot of.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 08:26 - May 21 with 786 viewsIpswichKnight

Can we speculate which of the released players we wanted to keep? on 08:21 - May 21 by ArnieM

This must be one of the few times where I’m happy with who’s leaving . There’s not a single player on that list that we will miss or that I am upset is leaving . Wish there were one or two more on that list that we could get shot of.

I agree on that none of those released should have been offered anything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024