Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone here... 16:26 - May 20 with 12430 viewschicoazul

grow up in a rich family?

Talking 4 holidays a year including skiing, every Sunday at Le Talbooth, privately educated type thing.

What was it like?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Did anyone here... on 16:27 - May 20 with 4461 viewsSpruceMoose

Nah not me. Market trainers, Nicks not Nikes. Holidays was a day trip to Yarmouth when my dad had a day off work in August.

Think it did me some good, truth be told.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Did anyone here... on 16:28 - May 20 with 4446 viewssparks

Did anyone here... on 16:27 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

Nah not me. Market trainers, Nicks not Nikes. Holidays was a day trip to Yarmouth when my dad had a day off work in August.

Think it did me some good, truth be told.

I had a pair of Nicks...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Did anyone here... on 16:28 - May 20 with 4448 viewsfooters

Does that mean you're one holiday a year away from being rich, chickers?

And no. I shared beds and bathwater with family members. Strip wash in the sink, but Imperial Leather soap- so sorta posh.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Did anyone here... on 16:30 - May 20 with 4440 viewsSpruceMoose

Did anyone here... on 16:28 - May 20 by sparks

I had a pair of Nicks...

I remember getting a pair of Hi-Tec football boots. Was proud for five minutes. Then I realised everyone else had Puma Kings.

My one memory of Nicks trainers is that they were the brightest of whites, and seemingly huge.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Did anyone here... on 16:30 - May 20 with 4443 viewsFixed_It

I had a pair of Nicks...

I had a pair of sitters'...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Did anyone here... on 16:32 - May 20 with 4405 viewsBlueBadger

I wouldn't say we had any money, but my parents would never let me watch ITV.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Did anyone here... on 16:34 - May 20 with 4388 viewschicoazul

Did anyone here... on 16:28 - May 20 by footers

And no. I shared beds and bathwater with family members. Strip wash in the sink, but Imperial Leather soap- so sorta posh.

I'm talking full on rich. 2 holidays for 2 weeks somewhere, skiing, and a British one chucked in for good measure, usually Centre Parcs because money can';t buy taste. Big detached house, private education, Dad never home, Mum never out, dinner parties, friends with Sheepshanks. That kind of rich.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Did anyone here... on 16:35 - May 20 with 4378 viewschicoazul

I had a pair of Nicks...

I bet you grew up in a very well to do household.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 16:35]

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone here... on 16:40 - May 20 with 4346 viewsfooters

Did anyone here... on 16:34 - May 20 by chicoazul

I'm talking full on rich. 2 holidays for 2 weeks somewhere, skiing, and a British one chucked in for good measure, usually Centre Parcs because money can';t buy taste. Big detached house, private education, Dad never home, Mum never out, dinner parties, friends with Sheepshanks. That kind of rich.

Glad I didn't tbh. Being brought up in a working class family/town seems to have fared me well in life.

Plus, I didn't inherit that most middle-class of behaviours, passive aggression.

Did anyone here... on 16:46 - May 20 with 4303 viewschicoazul

Did anyone here... on 16:40 - May 20 by footers

Glad I didn't tbh. Being brought up in a working class family/town seems to have fared me well in life.

Plus, I didn't inherit that most middle-class of behaviours, passive aggression.

Come on. Who wouldnt want to have grown up with 2 acres, £1 a week pocket money, holidays in Cap Ferret and Rimini, a Rayleigh Grifter, and a Dad high up in the local Masons?

Did anyone here... on 16:49 - May 20 with 4260 viewsHerbivore

Sharing beds with family, so you're a Norfolk lad then?

I am not from posh stock. Think we went abroad twice in my whole childhood, once was camping in France and the other was a trip to visit family.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did anyone here... on 16:49 - May 20 with 4272 viewscrunchie1978

Did anyone here... on 16:30 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

I remember getting a pair of Hi-Tec football boots. Was proud for five minutes. Then I realised everyone else had Puma Kings.

My one memory of Nicks trainers is that they were the brightest of whites, and seemingly huge.

I ran away from home once after my mum brought home a pair of dunlops.
Did anyone here... on 16:49 - May 20 with 4264 viewsfooters

Did anyone here... on 16:46 - May 20 by chicoazul

Come on. Who wouldnt want to have grown up with 2 acres, £1 a week pocket money, holidays in Cap Ferret and Rimini, a Rayleigh Grifter, and a Dad high up in the local Masons?

Not sure too many of them are about in Lowie, buh!

I know some children of incredibly rich people. One has a Scottish laird for a dad who owns a castle/shooting estate, etc. Can't say I'd like to live in that particular bubble. Getting everything paid for for you must give you such a skewed view of the world.

If you've never had anything you can enjoy what you do eventually get a great deal more :)

Did anyone here... on 16:51 - May 20 with 4249 viewsfooters

Did anyone here... on 16:49 - May 20 by Herbivore

Sharing beds with family, so you're a Norfolk lad then?

I am not from posh stock. Think we went abroad twice in my whole childhood, once was camping in France and the other was a trip to visit family.

Lowestoft, so close ;)

Nah, my nanny and grandad had separate beds in a two-bed house so I'd share with my nanny. Same with the bathwater- there's only one lot for everyone so sharing a must!

Tbf that does sound quite Victorian now. I'm only 30 ffs.

Did anyone here... on 16:53 - May 20 with 4229 viewsbluelagos

Never got on a plane 'til I was 23, and that was for work - so far from it.

Made up for it since mind :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Did anyone here... on 16:54 - May 20 with 4220 viewsDanTheMan

I think I had a total of two holidays abroad by the time I was 18.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Did anyone here... on 16:55 - May 20 with 4212 viewsjaykay

one day at yarmouth for me in the 50s.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Did anyone here... on 16:57 - May 20 with 4194 viewsDeano69

Imperial Leather? Basically middle-upper class

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Did anyone here... on 16:58 - May 20 with 4192 viewsgiant_stow

Definitely not posh, but it was an upper middle / professional family. I've been sliding down the social and financial ladder ever since leaving home.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Did anyone here... on 17:00 - May 20 with 4166 viewschicoazul

Did anyone here... on 16:58 - May 20 by giant_stow

Definitely not posh, but it was an upper middle / professional family. I've been sliding down the social and financial ladder ever since leaving home.

Ah, the first person to put his head above the parapet. Tell us more about what it was like at Fettes or Framlingham.

Did anyone here... on 17:00 - May 20 with 4158 viewsIllinoisblue

Did anyone here... on 16:49 - May 20 by crunchie1978

Dunlop Green Flash?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Did anyone here... on 17:02 - May 20 with 4131 viewsDeano69

Did anyone here... on 16:49 - May 20 by crunchie1978

Ha Ha, brilliant. Probably worth a fortune now as Retro!!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Did anyone here... on 17:02 - May 20 with 4136 viewsgiant_stow

Did anyone here... on 17:00 - May 20 by chicoazul

Ah, the first person to put his head above the parapet. Tell us more about what it was like at Fettes or Framlingham.

Never that posh fella! I was sent to a comprehensive school (which my mum deeply regrets, but she was sticking to principals).

We did have a cottage in norfolk though - hence been a canaries fan and not a gooner. My guilty secret.

However, they both worked for the beeb and I had a nanny.

Go on, stick it to me!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Did anyone here... on 17:04 - May 20 with 4108 viewsfooters

Did anyone here... on 16:57 - May 20 by Deano69

Imperial Leather? Basically middle-upper class

I forgot to mention that the bathwater in question was pure peasant tears, so yah I guess so.

Did anyone here... on 17:04 - May 20 with 4107 viewsPJH

Certainly not me.

At the risk of going "Four Yorkshiremen" I remember having a bath in a tin bath in the kitchen, holidays were possibly twice a year at my grandparents in Worcestershire, my mum ringing clothes dry through a mangle, oh and seeing ITFC win the League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024