Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone here... 16:26 - May 20 with 12440 viewschicoazul

grow up in a rich family?

Talking 4 holidays a year including skiing, every Sunday at Le Talbooth, privately educated type thing.

What was it like?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Did anyone here... on 12:26 - May 21 with 1025 viewschicoazul

Did anyone here... on 10:32 - May 21 by footers

Why the interest in this subject, luv? Have you been reading Horse & Hound or something?

I'm compiling a list for the post-2022 election Westminster Soviet.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Did anyone here... on 12:26 - May 21 with 1022 viewsRyorry

Did anyone here... on 12:16 - May 21 by Herbivore

Did they have air travel back then?

TWTD!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Did anyone here... on 12:26 - May 21 with 1021 viewsJ2BLUE

Did anyone here... on 12:24 - May 21 by chicoazul

Ahahahaah you suffered from "prejudice" because your parents had 5 acres ahahahahah my heart bleeds.

As others have asked, why the question?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did anyone here... on 12:28 - May 21 with 1012 viewsfooters

Did anyone here... on 12:26 - May 21 by chicoazul

I'm compiling a list for the post-2022 election Westminster Soviet.

In that case, forget everything you know about my current employment and celery...

To the barricades!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Did anyone here... on 12:28 - May 21 with 1012 viewsSuperblue95

Did anyone here... on 02:30 - May 21 by IPS_wich

Middle class and rising.

Both parents were from working class families (Chantry and Castle Hill) but both passed 11+ and went to Northgate when is was a Grammar school. Both got good jobs at 16 and became professionals. Dad set up a successful business.

So grew up in a four bed detached in Rushmere St Andrew and went to St Johns Primary, then Copleston and then Ipswich School for Sixth Form. Two holidays a year overseas (Easter and Summer). Dad drove a Merc and Mum a new XR3i. Got some stick at Copleston for being the rich family - then at Ipswich School realised we were a long way away from rich.

With my Dad growing up on Chantry and starting his own business the one thing he taught we above all else was hard work. So I had part time jobs from the age of 14, got a very good degree and have had a good career. Now earn over 120k and my wife earns about 100k. Kids go to private school and we have a nice house - but still realise we are a long long way away from being rich - we drive 3-4 old Kias and haven't had a holiday in 3 years because all our disposable income goes on the mortgage and school fees.

“Now earn over 120k and my wife earns about 100k. Kids go to private school and we have a nice house - but still realise we are a long long way away from being rich“

Sounds pretty f*cking rich to me. If me and my missus earned nearly a quarter of a million a year I’d spend most my spare time rolling around in piles of cash doing evil laughs

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Did anyone here... on 12:29 - May 21 with 1010 viewsRyorry

Did anyone here... on 12:24 - May 21 by chicoazul

Ahahahaah you suffered from "prejudice" because your parents had 5 acres ahahahahah my heart bleeds.

You really are a complete plank who understands nothing aren't you.

Rhetorical question, no need for you to get yourself into a sweat with a reply.

Did anyone here... on 12:30 - May 21 with 1006 viewsBiGDonnie

Did anyone here... on 12:11 - May 21 by Ryorry

Strange topic, but no - although suffered quite a lot from the prejudice of people who mistakenly thought I did because I spoke with a "good" accent & parents had big house with 5 acres.

Parents both first generation refugees who came over with virtually nothing. Dad built up his own business but went bankrupt, twice (once due to being shafted by Robert Maxwell!). He then twice re-built it, paid all creditors back in full, whereupon the bank then looked on him more kindly & he was able to buy a nice detached country house in Surrey quite cheap (it was something like £5K!). Mum was very good at managing on a shoestring, and our main meal was often boiled bones with barley, though I did of course get good lunches at school.

Eventually we did get to have holidays abroad, but only 1 a year, if that!

Only five? Peasant.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Did anyone here... on 12:33 - May 21 with 994 viewsRyorry

Did anyone here... on 12:30 - May 21 by BiGDonnie

Only five? Peasant.

Funnily enough, my father's parents actually were! (Poland/Russia, the border kept changing).

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone here... on 12:33 - May 21 with 994 viewschicoazul

Did anyone here... on 12:26 - May 21 by J2BLUE

As others have asked, why the question?

I'm interested. I like hearing about other people's experiences. Dont you?

Did anyone here... on 12:36 - May 21 with 974 viewschicoazul

Did anyone here... on 12:28 - May 21 by Superblue95

“Now earn over 120k and my wife earns about 100k. Kids go to private school and we have a nice house - but still realise we are a long long way away from being rich“

Sounds pretty f*cking rich to me. If me and my missus earned nearly a quarter of a million a year I’d spend most my spare time rolling around in piles of cash doing evil laughs

On a slightly different point, I do know what you mean but he isnt really rich. I have thought for quite a while that we need a new definition of rich really, when someone like Michael Spencer earns over 300m a year.

Did anyone here... on 12:41 - May 21 with 957 viewsfooters

Did anyone here... on 12:36 - May 21 by chicoazul

On a slightly different point, I do know what you mean but he isnt really rich. I have thought for quite a while that we need a new definition of rich really, when someone like Michael Spencer earns over 300m a year.

There was an article maybe a few years ago now that asked 'how much do you need to live a 'millionaire lifestyle?' I think the answer was ~£8m back then, which really puts things into perspective.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Did anyone here... on 12:45 - May 21 with 933 viewsSuperblue95

Did anyone here... on 12:36 - May 21 by chicoazul

Comes down to personal interpretation I guess. I didn’t come from money so anybody I see or hear about who earns a better than average wage becomes rich in my eyes

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Did anyone here... on 13:39 - May 21 with 888 viewsJ2BLUE

Did anyone here... on 12:33 - May 21 by chicoazul

I'm interested. I like hearing about other people's experiences. Dont you?

Kind of. I often read the threads about this sort of thing, whether you like your job, pensions, kids, marriages etc and feel a bit depressed. A bit directionless/lost.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did anyone here... on 13:51 - May 21 with 864 viewsSpruceMoose

Did anyone here... on 13:39 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Kind of. I often read the threads about this sort of thing, whether you like your job, pensions, kids, marriages etc and feel a bit depressed. A bit directionless/lost.

Be the change you want to see in the world J2!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Did anyone here... on 13:57 - May 21 with 858 viewschicoazul

Did anyone here... on 13:39 - May 21 by J2BLUE

My brother, you should never feel like that. You are a clever interesting person and you have a lot to offer the world.
James Gunn the director gave a very interesting interview recently about his time in purdah, his experiences in life etc and it came down to a problem I think a lot of us have; he didnt value himself. He didnt think he deserved friends, a career, nice things.
Value yourself my brother. You are the most important person in your life. All that other stuff will follow.

Did anyone here... on 14:00 - May 21 with 851 viewsPiercingBlue

Did anyone here... on 17:02 - May 20 by giant_stow

Never that posh fella! I was sent to a comprehensive school (which my mum deeply regrets, but she was sticking to principals).

We did have a cottage in norfolk though - hence been a canaries fan and not a gooner. My guilty secret.

However, they both worked for the beeb and I had a nanny.

Go on, stick it to me!

Didn't teach you the difference between principle and principal though?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024