Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... 16:33 - May 20 with 4255 viewsMrTown

People’s opinion?

Strange one for me. Can see him struggling, Oestersunds manager and 1 season in the Championship. Only won 2 more games than they lost last season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:37 - May 20 with 2780 viewschicoazul

Modern technocrat who makes his players do ballet takes over from Chris Hughton. This one is tailor-made for the CWYWF crowd.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:37 - May 20 with 2780 viewsRRB

Can't judge him from last season as he was rebuilding Swansea. Still think he should've left though as Brighton will be very tough to manage.
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:41 - May 20 with 2745 viewshomer_123

Swanseas budget and squad were pretty much decimated - he's reasonably well thought of at Swansea and why would he turn down a chance to manage in the Prem.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:42 - May 20 with 2746 viewsSwansea_Blue

Emotionally intelligent, progressive as always looking to implement new approaches, supportive and gets the best out of players, and a natural leader. He'll do ok. Brighton's a good fit as they've spent a lot on the infrastructure and development set up and that seems to be his forte, bringing through young and fringe players and getting the best out of them (Swans had the (or one of the) youngest/most inexperienced team in the league last year I believe, or very close. Needs a new defensive coach though as at Swansea his team was as leaky as anything from set pieces.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:42 - May 20 with 2738 viewsMrTown

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:37 - May 20 by RRB

Can't judge him from last season as he was rebuilding Swansea. Still think he should've left though as Brighton will be very tough to manage.

If he was rebuilding Swansea, a relegated team with mass earners and serious talent at this level James/Celina/Dyer/Routledge/McBurnie/Bony/Fer and they only finished 10th, winning 18 league, losing 17.

God help him at Brighton next year. Screams relegation to me.

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:44 - May 20 with 2723 viewsMrTown

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:41 - May 20 by homer_123

Swanseas budget and squad were pretty much decimated - he's reasonably well thought of at Swansea and why would he turn down a chance to manage in the Prem.

I’m not slaying him for taking the job. But he didn’t pull up trees at Swansea. Had massive earners and talent at the club last year.

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:44 - May 20 with 2720 viewsartsbossbeard

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:42 - May 20 by MrTown

If he was rebuilding Swansea, a relegated team with mass earners and serious talent at this level James/Celina/Dyer/Routledge/McBurnie/Bony/Fer and they only finished 10th, winning 18 league, losing 17.

I'll have a charity bet with you that Brighton don't get relegated.

£20 to the winners chosen cause.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:44 - May 20 with 2716 viewsIllinoisblue

interesting appointment. Didn't exactly set the world on fire at Swansea. Potential to be this year's Paul Clement.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:45 - May 20 with 2708 viewsMrTown

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:42 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Emotionally intelligent, progressive as always looking to implement new approaches, supportive and gets the best out of players, and a natural leader. He'll do ok. Brighton's a good fit as they've spent a lot on the infrastructure and development set up and that seems to be his forte, bringing through young and fringe players and getting the best out of them (Swans had the (or one of the) youngest/most inexperienced team in the league last year I believe, or very close. Needs a new defensive coach though as at Swansea his team was as leaky as anything from set pieces.

Not for me. Too open, too expansive, will get ripped to shreds in PL in my opinion.

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:56 - May 20 with 2629 viewshomer_123

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:44 - May 20 by MrTown

I’m not slaying him for taking the job. But he didn’t pull up trees at Swansea. Had massive earners and talent at the club last year.

earners <> talent or results

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 17:05 - May 20 with 2590 viewshomer_123

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:45 - May 20 by MrTown

Not for me. Too open, too expansive, will get ripped to shreds in PL in my opinion.

What Brighton need is a manager that will make them hard to beat, play as a team, defensively minded and belligerent.

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 17:13 - May 20 with 2548 viewsfactual_blue

He's a bit of a wizard I gather.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:31 - May 20 with 2470 viewsFtnfwest

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 17:13 - May 20 by factual_blue

He's a bit of a wizard I gather.

Although that was quite a short spell with Swansea
[Post edited 20 May 2019 17:32]
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 17:38 - May 20 with 2431 viewschristiand

A big risk, no experience of managing at this level, with a side that appears on the slide and can’t score goals. Does that sound familiar? Get your money on Brighton for relegation next season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:44 - May 20 with 2409 viewsfactual_blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:31 - May 20 by Ftnfwest

Although that was quite a short spell with Swansea
[Post edited 20 May 2019 17:32]

I hope that, if he goes to the Europa Cup Final, he doesn't get arrested and end up as the Prisoner of Azerbaijan.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:52 - May 20 with 2380 viewsFtnfwest

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:44 - May 20 by factual_blue

I hope that, if he goes to the Europa Cup Final, he doesn't get arrested and end up as the Prisoner of Azerbaijan.

If he does we'll have to have a whip round to bale him out. How about a quiddeach?
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 17:56 - May 20 with 2355 viewsitfcjoe

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:42 - May 20 by MrTown

It’s not really serious talent at this level though is it? Bony, Dyer, Routledge well over the hulk, James and McBurniw hadn’t played at this level previousky

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 18:12 - May 20 with 2295 viewsROKERITE

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 17:56 - May 20 by itfcjoe

It’s not really serious talent at this level though is it? Bony, Dyer, Routledge well over the hulk, James and McBurniw hadn’t played at this level previousky

I think it's a brilliant appointment. I believe B&HA are about to enter the most successful period in their history. Finishing in the top half of The Premier League won't be easy but I foresee B&HA becoming an established top-flight team under Potter.
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 18:28 - May 20 with 2248 viewsbrightonitfc

I hear he has a few tricks up his sleeve, so Brighton should be ok.
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 18:28 - May 20 with 2252 viewsSuperblue95

Mate of mine is a Swansea fan and he seemed gutted when I brought it up with him this morning. He feels that with the cost cutting and now Potter gone the club are only heading one direction.

Of course he may have just been being miserable as it was 6:30 on a Monday morning

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 18:46 - May 20 with 2206 viewsSwansea_Blue

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:45 - May 20 by MrTown

We’ll see. If I rember rightly the Swans had one of the better defensive records from open play; it was their set pieces that let them down (and keeper errors).

He certainly had a few good players, but you’re slightly over-egging the talent. The guts was ripped out of that team in the summer, and all those who played the most this year were not PL regulars (Naughton was the only PL regular last year; Routledge a bit part player, but he couldn’t play in first half of this season due to a contract dispute). Dyer also didn’t play in first half of the season and was only bit part in the PL for about 3 seasons now.

Player of the year Grimes was at Northampton last year, James was sent back from Shrewsbury last year for not being up to it, McBurnie had a couple of PL appeances but was crap. So Potter’s had to pull a lot of youngsters and new players together and done well.

He faces a huge challenge, not denying that. Almost an impossible task as these smaller clubs rarely last longer than a few years. I think a better indicator of the job he did at Swansea will be to see what happens with the Swans next - I predict a tough season for them, possibly even relegation. I think they’re us in the making. My prediction is he’ll be seen as overachieving there.

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 18:56 - May 20 with 2164 viewsSwansea_Blue

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 18:28 - May 20 by Superblue95

Mate of mine is a Swansea fan and he seemed gutted when I brought it up with him this morning. He feels that with the cost cutting and now Potter gone the club are only heading one direction.

Of course he may have just been being miserable as it was 6:30 on a Monday morning

I’d put money on him being right. They’re trying to do in one season what Evans has done in 10/11 with us. They’re the next us.

Remarkable similarities actually. A top team in the early 80s, got promoted last time playing well-admired expansive football, did well in their first season up, had a Europa cup run, fell apart with too many new signings who didn’t gel/perform, have new managers committed to austerity.

They’re worse than us in one way as the owners have said all money has to come from operating income. That’ll be almost impossible when parachute payments run out. At least ME covers losses.

Edit - also won their PO final 4-2
[Post edited 20 May 2019 18:57]

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 19:05 - May 20 with 2114 viewsIllinoisblue

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 18:56 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

I’d put money on him being right. They’re trying to do in one season what Evans has done in 10/11 with us. They’re the next us.

Remarkable similarities actually. A top team in the early 80s, got promoted last time playing well-admired expansive football, did well in their first season up, had a Europa cup run, fell apart with too many new signings who didn’t gel/perform, have new managers committed to austerity.

They’re worse than us in one way as the owners have said all money has to come from operating income. That’ll be almost impossible when parachute payments run out. At least ME covers losses.

Edit - also won their PO final 4-2
[Post edited 20 May 2019 18:57]

wasn't that long ago Swansea were heralded as a well-run club. Then, as with us and Charlton, it all falls apart. What is the answer?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 19:10 - May 20 with 2096 viewsNazemariner

I think Brighton will be a good bet for relegation no matter who they had appointed.
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 19:16 - May 20 with 2086 viewsSwansea_Blue

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 19:05 - May 20 by Illinoisblue

wasn't that long ago Swansea were heralded as a well-run club. Then, as with us and Charlton, it all falls apart. What is the answer?

The owner(s) imo. It all comes down to their decisions. They either have the final say on important decisions or are responsible for putting in place the teams/governing personnel who do. Get that wrong and it unravels. Us & Swansea have suffered under new owners.

That’s what happened here and at Swansea. Not sure what happened at Charlton. It can’t simply be down to relegation as other teams suffer that but bounce back. But if they keep making bad decisions (Manager appointments & player recruitment mainly) they’re knackered.

I know that’s a broad and simplistic view, but I’m convinced it’s the key.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024