Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws 17:39 - May 20 with 4307 viewscaptainfantastic

Anyone know how long he is contracted for? And what his injury status is?

Poll: player of the season so far?

Huws on 17:40 - May 20 with 3458 viewsTown_Boy

Out for the next 15 years

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Huws on 17:42 - May 20 with 3433 viewsKieran_Knows

2021. No idea on his injury.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Huws on 08:14 - May 21 with 2922 viewsArnieM

Total Waste of money .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Huws on 09:40 - May 21 with 2813 viewstractorgirls

he won't kick a ball for us ever again.

Poll: Good, Bad, Ugly?

Huws on 09:53 - May 21 with 2784 viewsParisBlue

Huws on 08:14 - May 21 by ArnieM

Total Waste of money .

Though people seemed happy enough at the time:

Town Confirm Huws Permanent Deal 28th Jun 2017 17:11
Town have confirmed that midfielder Emyr Huws has rejoined the Blues from Cardiff City on a permanent basis, signing a four-year deal. Last night, TWTD revealed that Huws’s return to Town was set to be completed today. 74

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Huws on 10:00 - May 21 with 2759 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Huws on 09:53 - May 21 by ParisBlue

Town have confirmed that midfielder Emyr Huws has rejoined the Blues from Cardiff City on a permanent basis, signing a four-year deal. Last night, TWTD revealed that Huws’s return to Town was set to be completed today. 74

Injury pending, Huws could make a massive difference to us next season. Head and shoulders above any other midfielder in our current squad.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Huws on 10:02 - May 21 with 2751 viewsWickets

Huws on 10:00 - May 21 by ShropshireBluenago09

Injury pending, Huws could make a massive difference to us next season. Head and shoulders above any other midfielder in our current squad.

Alan Judge ! and he's fit .
Huws on 10:03 - May 21 with 2742 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Huws on 10:02 - May 21 by Wickets

Whuws to Judge?

Gus Uhlenbeek

Login to get fewer ads

Huws on 10:06 - May 21 with 2731 viewsSouperJim

Huws on 09:53 - May 21 by ParisBlue

There were plenty of cautionary voices too I recall. We pinned our Premiership aspirations on players with awful injury records for several years, as these were the only top quality players we could attract and/or afford. The gamble never came close to paying off.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Huws on 10:08 - May 21 with 2726 viewsRedX

Huws on 10:00 - May 21 by ShropshireBluenago09

No player could make that much of a difference over two games.
Huws on 10:12 - May 21 with 2703 viewsGeoffSentence

Huws on 17:42 - May 20 by Kieran_Knows

2021. No idea on his injury.

Re: His injury - fully fit 2021

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Huws on 10:28 - May 21 with 2637 viewsHerbivore

Huws on 10:02 - May 21 by Wickets

Huws, on the rare occasions he's fit, is a better player than Judge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws on 10:47 - May 21 with 2594 viewsSouperJim

Huws on 10:28 - May 21 by Herbivore

I'd argue *fully* fit, i.e. not his first game or two back from a lengthy spell out. Will it ever happen?

Huws on 10:50 - May 21 with 2574 viewsHerbivore

Huws on 10:47 - May 21 by SouperJim

I'd argue *fully* fit, i.e. not his first game or two back from a lengthy spell out. Will it ever happen?

In the spell of 2 or 3 games he managed in 2017/18 he managed at least one assist, might have even been two. That's more than Judge has managed in nearly half a season. A 75% Huws is still a class above imo.

Huws on 10:56 - May 21 with 2535 viewsSouperJim

Huws on 10:50 - May 21 by Herbivore

In the spell of 2 or 3 games he managed in 2017/18 he managed at least one assist, might have even been two. That's more than Judge has managed in nearly half a season. A 75% Huws is still a class above imo.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think you're being a little unfair on Judge. The two haven't played in the same team under the same conditions. Yes when (more or less) fit Huws is undoubtedly the superior player, but all things considered I'd rather have 30 games out of Alan (pretty decent) Judge than 5 out of Emr (class above) Huws.

Huws on 10:58 - May 21 with 2515 viewsHerbivore

Huws on 10:56 - May 21 by SouperJim

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think you're being a little unfair on Judge. The two haven't played in the same team under the same conditions. Yes when (more or less) fit Huws is undoubtedly the superior player, but all things considered I'd rather have 30 games out of Alan (pretty decent) Judge than 5 out of Emr (class above) Huws.

Hopefully it won't need to be an either/or.

Huws on 11:01 - May 21 with 2498 viewsSouperJim

Huws on 10:58 - May 21 by Herbivore

Hopefully it won't need to be an either/or.

I think we can all agree on that point, a midfield featuring both would be a cut above what most other sides in the division can put out. Our midfield quality is our big hope for next season imo. I'll live with us being bullied some weeks if we can play good football with the ball on the floor and outplay most sides.

Huws on 11:04 - May 21 with 2484 viewsNo9

Very disappointing, when he first played he looked such a promising prospect, just the sort of midfielder town needed
Huws on 11:04 - May 21 with 2485 viewsWickets

Huws on 10:28 - May 21 by Herbivore

Thats open for debate ,remember Huws was playing in a much better team than Judge has for us but as you say rare occasions he is fit! so the argument is nil and void really. We must feel sorry for Huws i'm sure he would love to be injury free but for me even injury free he would not be head and shoulders above Judge as they are both good Championship players even if Judge is going to be in Div. 1.
Huws on 11:08 - May 21 with 2459 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Huws on 11:01 - May 21 by SouperJim

I think we can all agree on that point, a midfield featuring both would be a cut above what most other sides in the division can put out. Our midfield quality is our big hope for next season imo. I'll live with us being bullied some weeks if we can play good football with the ball on the floor and outplay most sides.

Agree - if we could put out both of them in the same team we would be laughing. A fully fit Huws is number 1 on the teamsheet, miles ahead of anyone else. But if he can't stay fit, it will be a shame.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Huws on 11:09 - May 21 with 2456 viewsSouperJim

Huws on 11:04 - May 21 by Wickets

Thats open for debate ,remember Huws was playing in a much better team than Judge has for us but as you say rare occasions he is fit! so the argument is nil and void really. We must feel sorry for Huws i'm sure he would love to be injury free but for me even injury free he would not be head and shoulders above Judge as they are both good Championship players even if Judge is going to be in Div. 1.

I think Judge is more direct, where as Huws has better vision. Huws has the ability to make the whole team tick, I think Judge can do that in spells but his influence revolves more around running at the opposition with the ball at his feet and carrying an obvious threat. As such his effectiveness is more dependant on the oppositions ability to (or lack of) defend him out of the game. Whereas when Huws his on his game, he'll hurt anyone.

Huws on 11:17 - May 21 with 2407 viewsHerbivore

Huws on 11:04 - May 21 by Wickets

If Judge was a good Championship player still he wouldn't be playing for us in League 1.

Huws on 11:22 - May 21 with 2391 viewsSouperJim

Huws on 11:17 - May 21 by Herbivore

If Judge was a good Championship player still he wouldn't be playing for us in League 1.

And if Huws wasn't a sicknote, he'd likely be gracing the Prem.

We'll take what we can get?

Not sure why you have such a negative opinion of Judge btw. Yes he went flat once our relegation was confirmed, but so did the rest of the team. Before that, he was a class above anything else we had and was comfortably our best player for me.

Huws on 11:30 - May 21 with 2365 viewsHerbivore

Huws on 11:22 - May 21 by SouperJim

And if Huws wasn't a sicknote, he'd likely be gracing the Prem.

We'll take what we can get?

Not sure why you have such a negative opinion of Judge btw. Yes he went flat once our relegation was confirmed, but so did the rest of the team. Before that, he was a class above anything else we had and was comfortably our best player for me.

He flatters to deceive for me. Played nearly half a season in an attacking role and managed a return of no goals and one assist. Not good enough really, even taking into account that the team generally is poor.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 11:36]

Huws on 11:34 - May 21 with 2358 viewsSouperJim

Huws on 11:30 - May 21 by Herbivore

He flatters to deceive for me. Played nearly half a season in an attacking role and managed a return of no goals and one assist. Not good enough really, even taking into account that the team generally is poor.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 11:36]

Perhaps at times, but I think the statistics don't tell the full story on this occasion. He had a significant influence in most of the games he played in and was often a real threat. I think there is every reason to believe there is more to come, particularly if the team overall play better.

He's certainly a million miles away from other flatterers we've had in recent years (Grant Ward and before him Lee Martin spring to mind).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024