Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Fromage et al.... 18:00 - May 20 with 3940 viewsIP12

Listening to a journalist from the Guardian On the R4 PM prog, she seemed to suggest that (as milkshake was harmless) it was OK to throw harmless items at politicians as it has been done for many years in the past. As the journo is a supporter of JC (or so I believe) does this mean that it's OK to make him the 'Milky Bar Kid' over the next few days. I really, really hope that this was NOT she was suggesting.
Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:09 - May 20 with 1872 viewsTrequartista

The hypocrisy-meter from the self-appointed guardians of the left has switched to overload.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:10 - May 20 with 1858 viewsSpruceMoose

It would be helpful if you could provide the name of the journalist and how you have come to believe she is a supporter of JC.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:11 - May 20 with 1852 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:09 - May 20 by Trequartista

The hypocrisy-meter from the self-appointed guardians of the left has switched to overload.

You don't half talk some squit buh, as my old grandad would have said.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:11 - May 20 with 1848 viewsfooters

Most politicians don't incite racial hatred and violence. Farage does.

If you want to be on his side then that says more about you than anyone chucking milkshakes.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:14 - May 20 with 1841 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:11 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

You don't half talk some squit buh, as my old grandad would have said.

Good to see you've adopted his debating skills.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:19 - May 20 with 1816 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:14 - May 20 by Trequartista

Good to see you've adopted his debating skills.

No point debating with the willfully stupid.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:22 - May 20 with 1821 viewsjeera

i'd say I'm pretty much to the Left as people will insist on calling anyone with a shred of decency in their beliefs.

However, I maintain that throwing stuff at anyone who is unable to respond in kind is nothing other than cowardly and attention seeking.

Yes, even at a piece of sh1t like Farage.

Hope this helps.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:24 - May 20 with 1803 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:19 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

No point debating with the willfully stupid.

Thank you for the advice.

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:25 - May 20 with 1797 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:22 - May 20 by jeera

i'd say I'm pretty much to the Left as people will insist on calling anyone with a shred of decency in their beliefs.

However, I maintain that throwing stuff at anyone who is unable to respond in kind is nothing other than cowardly and attention seeking.

Yes, even at a piece of sh1t like Farage.

Hope this helps.

perfectly put.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:50 - May 20 with 1746 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:25 - May 20 by Trequartista

perfectly put.

Agree, especially as it contradicted your daft point about self-appointed something or others.

It seems anyone not knocking on the door of fascism is seen as a lefty bumfester these days. Have we really become so binary and polarised in our viewpoints?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:52 - May 20 with 1733 viewsfooters

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:50 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Agree, especially as it contradicted your daft point about self-appointed something or others.

It seems anyone not knocking on the door of fascism is seen as a lefty bumfester these days. Have we really become so binary and polarised in our viewpoints?

I always pack an extra beach towel, buh. Welcome to join in whenever you feel able.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:55 - May 20 with 1730 viewsSpruceMoose

Some people just want to enjoy a McFarage with large lies and not have other people point out the unhealthiness of it all.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:59 - May 20 with 1732 viewsTrequartista

My point, or more accurately, the point i concurred with, was that certain people on the left are condoning this alleged assault, whereas the point that was perfectly put is not. So no contradiction.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:00]

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:02 - May 20 with 1718 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:59 - May 20 by Trequartista

My point, or more accurately, the point i concurred with, was that certain people on the left are condoning this alleged assault, whereas the point that was perfectly put is not. So no contradiction.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:00]

I'm not condoning it. I'm just pointing out that if you build a career spewing hateful rhetoric and whipping people up into a frenzy over race and immigration then you shouldn't be surprised if some people start to hate you back and let you know you're not welcome to spread that message in their town or city.

It's a case of you reap what you sow.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:11 - May 20 with 1677 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:02 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

I'm not condoning it. I'm just pointing out that if you build a career spewing hateful rhetoric and whipping people up into a frenzy over race and immigration then you shouldn't be surprised if some people start to hate you back and let you know you're not welcome to spread that message in their town or city.

It's a case of you reap what you sow.

That is your opinion on what he does and it is a perfectly arguable view. But it is not the point. It is of far more importance for us to not uphold different views of alleged assault, in any situation, dependent on whether one likes or dislikes the alleged victim.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:17 - May 20 with 1653 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:11 - May 20 by Trequartista

That is your opinion on what he does and it is a perfectly arguable view. But it is not the point. It is of far more importance for us to not uphold different views of alleged assault, in any situation, dependent on whether one likes or dislikes the alleged victim.

Why is it of more importance for us to not uphold different views of alleged assault? If somebody is preaching that a group of people should be targeted, harassed, abused, menaced, then they've made themselves fair game. Immigrants and refugees didn't start this. Farage and his cronies victimised them, and got very rich doing so.

If somebody feels compelled to make them wear a milkshake in response, well, I could understand that motivation despite not wanting to do it myself.

I do appreciate what you are saying, and in an ideal world I would agree with you. But these guys aren't playing by the same rulebook as the rest of us any more. They respect nobody and nothing.

How they are being treated currently still isn't a fraction as harmful as the treatment they have got rich off the back of advocating for others.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:20 - May 20 with 1639 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:11 - May 20 by footers

Most politicians don't incite racial hatred and violence. Farage does.

If you want to be on his side then that says more about you than anyone chucking milkshakes.

I've just signed up for The Brexit Party because of what happened today. £25 well spent. The times they are a changin'.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:21 - May 20 with 1642 viewsfactual_blue

Well, a milkshake is preferable to what a brexiteer did to Jo Cox.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:24 - May 20 with 1610 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:20 - May 20 by The_Last_Baron

I've just signed up for The Brexit Party because of what happened today. £25 well spent. The times they are a changin'.

Didn't you care about the other guffs getting milkshaked last week? Was Dear Nige looking like a plasterer's radio today a step too far?

Not that you did sign up, but what do you get for your 25 quid? You don't get any policies, I know that much.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:26]

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:27 - May 20 with 1584 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:24 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

Didn't you care about the other guffs getting milkshaked last week? Was Dear Nige looking like a plasterer's radio today a step too far?

Not that you did sign up, but what do you get for your 25 quid? You don't get any policies, I know that much.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:26]

I signed up to trigger you. And it worked.

For £25 I get a Nigel Farage pinhead badge and a pair of turquoise underpants.

The change is coming boyo, even the Valleys are turning Turquoise.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:27 - May 20 with 1583 viewsfactual_blue

balls britannia

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:27 - May 20 with 1589 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:17 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

Why is it of more importance for us to not uphold different views of alleged assault? If somebody is preaching that a group of people should be targeted, harassed, abused, menaced, then they've made themselves fair game. Immigrants and refugees didn't start this. Farage and his cronies victimised them, and got very rich doing so.

If somebody feels compelled to make them wear a milkshake in response, well, I could understand that motivation despite not wanting to do it myself.

I do appreciate what you are saying, and in an ideal world I would agree with you. But these guys aren't playing by the same rulebook as the rest of us any more. They respect nobody and nothing.

How they are being treated currently still isn't a fraction as harmful as the treatment they have got rich off the back of advocating for others.

I don't think he is preaching that otherwise he would be arrested. I don't think he is of the same opinions as Tommy Robinson, for example.

Here's Brendan Cox with another "perfectly put"

and here's an example of a guardian journalist, blatantly taking figures of speech at face value, who complained recently of harrassment and would absolutely complain to the entire world if he received a milkshake in the face

[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:29]

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:28 - May 20 with 1581 viewsfooters

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:20 - May 20 by The_Last_Baron

Good for you.

Although, as has been pointed out, the Brexit party is not a political party.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:32 - May 20 with 1563 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:27 - May 20 by The_Last_Baron

I signed up to trigger you. And it worked.

For £25 I get a Nigel Farage pinhead badge and a pair of turquoise underpants.

The change is coming boyo, even the Valleys are turning Turquoise.

Oy vey.

Well done you. It is amazing that 'the libs' have got so far inside your head that you're spending your own money to try and irritate an anonymous poster on a messageboard.

Your life has seriously taken a wrong turn if that's where you've ended up.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:35 - May 20 with 1545 viewsjeera

Could you direct your attention to my phone help thread please?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024