Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Fromage et al.... 18:00 - May 20 with 3915 viewsIP12

Listening to a journalist from the Guardian On the R4 PM prog, she seemed to suggest that (as milkshake was harmless) it was OK to throw harmless items at politicians as it has been done for many years in the past. As the journo is a supporter of JC (or so I believe) does this mean that it's OK to make him the 'Milky Bar Kid' over the next few days. I really, really hope that this was NOT she was suggesting.
Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:35 - May 20 with 1225 viewsjeera

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:28 - May 20 by footers

Good for you.

Although, as has been pointed out, the Brexit party is not a political party.

Excuse me. Phone thread please.

Very urgent.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:37 - May 20 with 1223 viewsjeera

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:20 - May 20 by The_Last_Baron

I've just signed up for The Brexit Party because of what happened today. £25 well spent. The times they are a changin'.

Ahem.

Phone.

Please.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:40 - May 20 with 1222 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:27 - May 20 by Trequartista

I don't think he is preaching that otherwise he would be arrested. I don't think he is of the same opinions as Tommy Robinson, for example.

Here's Brendan Cox with another "perfectly put"

and here's an example of a guardian journalist, blatantly taking figures of speech at face value, who complained recently of harrassment and would absolutely complain to the entire world if he received a milkshake in the face

[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:29]

I have no idea why people are so willing to give old Farage a pass all the time. 'Figure of speech this', 'he doesn't mean it' that. There's always an excuse as to why we shouldn't take what he says at face value.

Listen to him. People, all the time, tell you exactly who they are. You just have to be prepared to listen. He has made along career out of dividing people, making people frightened of each other, singling out groups for abuse.

He's smarter than Robinson and keeps it better hidden, but he's been just as willing to spread hate and scapegoat innocent people for his own gain.

The funniest thing is, he doesn't even give a sh!te about Brexit, not beyond how it will benefit him. A wolf in patriotic clothing.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:41]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:42 - May 20 with 1210 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:40 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

I have no idea why people are so willing to give old Farage a pass all the time. 'Figure of speech this', 'he doesn't mean it' that. There's always an excuse as to why we shouldn't take what he says at face value.

Listen to him. People, all the time, tell you exactly who they are. You just have to be prepared to listen. He has made along career out of dividing people, making people frightened of each other, singling out groups for abuse.

He's smarter than Robinson and keeps it better hidden, but he's been just as willing to spread hate and scapegoat innocent people for his own gain.

The funniest thing is, he doesn't even give a sh!te about Brexit, not beyond how it will benefit him. A wolf in patriotic clothing.

I beginning to think you don't like him.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:42 - May 20 with 1211 viewsfactual_blue

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:21 - May 20 by factual_blue

Well, a milkshake is preferable to what a brexiteer did to Jo Cox.

Is the down vote because thomas mair wasn't a brexiteer?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:42 - May 20 with 1208 viewsBlueBadger

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:27 - May 20 by Trequartista

I don't think he is preaching that otherwise he would be arrested. I don't think he is of the same opinions as Tommy Robinson, for example.

Here's Brendan Cox with another "perfectly put"

and here's an example of a guardian journalist, blatantly taking figures of speech at face value, who complained recently of harrassment and would absolutely complain to the entire world if he received a milkshake in the face

[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:29]

Chairman Nige is by no means as *bad* as Yogurt Yaxo, he is however, quite happy to stir the same swamp that he resides in with dog-whistles, half-truths, selights of hand and outright lies, 'well you know' and posters demonising non-European refugees. He's not as 'bad' but he's not bothered about stirring up and working with those who ARE, such as AfD in Germany, Alex Jones, Claire Fox and Steve Bannon.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:45 - May 20 with 1199 viewsBlueBadger

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:42 - May 20 by Trequartista

It's fair to say that Sprucey has occasionally ventured the odd opinion on those happy to exploit the prejudices and ignorance of others for their own financial and personal game at the expense of those that have to live with it.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:45 - May 20 with 1197 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:42 - May 20 by Trequartista

I'm probably not his biggest fan!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:48 - May 20 with 1198 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:42 - May 20 by factual_blue

Is the down vote because thomas mair wasn't a brexiteer?

No, but you are right to call for confirmation because i have just realised that as it stands I am disagreeing with the statement "a milkshake is preferable to what a brexiteer did to Jo Cox. "

The downvote is for making rather an offensive comparison.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:52 - May 20 with 1190 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 18:59 - May 20 by Trequartista

My point, or more accurately, the point i concurred with, was that certain people on the left are condoning this alleged assault, whereas the point that was perfectly put is not. So no contradiction.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:00]

Oh right, I thought that was aimed at us. Apologies.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:53 - May 20 with 1187 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:52 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Oh right, I thought that was aimed at us. Apologies.

Not on this occasion :-)
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:54]

Nigel Fromage et al.... (n/t) on 19:53 - May 20 with 1188 viewsBlueBadger

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:24 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

Didn't you care about the other guffs getting milkshaked last week? Was Dear Nige looking like a plasterer's radio today a step too far?

Not that you did sign up, but what do you get for your 25 quid? You don't get any policies, I know that much.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:26]

[Post edited 20 May 2019 20:06]

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:58 - May 20 with 1181 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:42 - May 20 by BlueBadger

Chairman Nige is by no means as *bad* as Yogurt Yaxo, he is however, quite happy to stir the same swamp that he resides in with dog-whistles, half-truths, selights of hand and outright lies, 'well you know' and posters demonising non-European refugees. He's not as 'bad' but he's not bothered about stirring up and working with those who ARE, such as AfD in Germany, Alex Jones, Claire Fox and Steve Bannon.

I am aware of the strong, passionate and well-researched opinions on him. My point here is that they are of no relevance.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:05 - May 20 with 1178 viewsBlueBadger

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:58 - May 20 by Trequartista

I am aware of the strong, passionate and well-researched opinions on him. My point here is that they are of no relevance.

Nigel Farage is of no relevence to a resurgence of aggressive nationalism which has ben spiking since the EU referendum?
[Post edited 20 May 2019 20:07]

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:11 - May 20 with 1161 viewsBogblue

you mis-spelled his name, it's Nigel Frottage, not Fromage
Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:21 - May 20 with 1150 viewsTrequartista

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:05 - May 20 by BlueBadger

Nigel Farage is of no relevence to a resurgence of aggressive nationalism which has ben spiking since the EU referendum?
[Post edited 20 May 2019 20:07]

No.

Opinions of Nigel Farage have no relevance on whether a milkshake attack on Nigel Farage should be condemned.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:25 - May 20 with 1145 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:21 - May 20 by Trequartista

No.

Opinions of Nigel Farage have no relevance on whether a milkshake attack on Nigel Farage should be condemned.

I dunno man, spend your life calling for the hate and distrust of others, can't be surprised if you catch a bit of blow back.

I don't think people should be doing it. But do I care that they are? Not really. You reap what you sow.

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:34 - May 20 with 1132 viewsm14_blue

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:40 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

I make your description of Farage absolutely spot on. It’s incredible that anyone is taking in by this charlatan, history will not look kindly on him or his supporters. He will be remembered as someone who did immense damage to our country purely to fuel his ego at the expense of the most vulnerable.

Throwing things at him is just wrong though, and doesn’t help.
Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:38 - May 20 with 1127 viewsfactual_blue

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 19:48 - May 20 by Trequartista

No, but you are right to call for confirmation because i have just realised that as it stands I am disagreeing with the statement "a milkshake is preferable to what a brexiteer did to Jo Cox. "

The downvote is for making rather an offensive comparison.

I think the word is 'uncomfortable' rather than 'offensive'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:45 - May 20 with 1114 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:34 - May 20 by m14_blue

I make your description of Farage absolutely spot on. It’s incredible that anyone is taking in by this charlatan, history will not look kindly on him or his supporters. He will be remembered as someone who did immense damage to our country purely to fuel his ego at the expense of the most vulnerable.

Throwing things at him is just wrong though, and doesn’t help.

Yep, I don’t think throwing stuff at him help either. I can understand why people might want to though! But he’s now won today. He can now take the moral high ground, which he’s been unable to before legitimately. He shouldn’t be able to as his hard core conservative views are largely morally repulsive. For splitting up the NHS for financial gain of his backers, celebrating the crash of the pound to the benefit of his backers, inciting xenophobia and dividing a nation, anti-science climate change denier, against women breast feeding in public, etc., etc.

He’s a lying, deceiving, morally bankrupt charlatan. But he won today.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 21:17]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 21:28 - May 20 with 1086 viewsBogblue

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:45 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, I don’t think throwing stuff at him help either. I can understand why people might want to though! But he’s now won today. He can now take the moral high ground, which he’s been unable to before legitimately. He shouldn’t be able to as his hard core conservative views are largely morally repulsive. For splitting up the NHS for financial gain of his backers, celebrating the crash of the pound to the benefit of his backers, inciting xenophobia and dividing a nation, anti-science climate change denier, against women breast feeding in public, etc., etc.

very well argued, you make the point beautifully, +1
Nigel Fromage et al.... on 22:00 - May 20 with 1051 viewsfooters

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 20:45 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

His 'attacker' was employed by Sky, who 'just happened to be there', apparently., so obvious that a bunch of lefties are resorting to such things to discredit him...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 08:03 - May 21 with 998 viewsmeekreech

Working on the guardian has to be a supporter of the bearded bozo jc!
Not allowed to be open minded, most heavily political publication in the country, making it a very unreadable paper.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 08:07 - May 21 with 987 viewsfooters

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 08:03 - May 21 by meekreech

Working on the guardian has to be a supporter of the bearded bozo jc!
Not allowed to be open minded, most heavily political publication in the country, making it a very unreadable paper.

It's all the long words that get me.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nigel Fromage et al.... on 09:12 - May 21 with 952 viewsbrazil1982

The fella who threw an egg at JC was sentenced to 28 days. Let's see what happens with this labour suppoter.
Imagine the crying if this happened to the racist Diane Abbot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024