Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This milkshake thing is wrong 21:12 - May 20 with 7181 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't like Farage or Yaxley-Lennon, but here is why it is wrong:

We all have political views we disagree with but assaulting people for holding them does not encourage democracy;

It will engender further support from those who will see this as an attack on them - a kind of siege mentality.

I post this hesitantly knowing I might get upvotes from Pickles, Grimboy and co!

"If we don't believe in freedom of speech for those we despise; we don't believe in it at all" Noam Chomsky. However, I do believe there are rightly limits that make hate speech and incitement to terror illegal.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This milkshake thing is wrong on 08:50 - May 21 with 1353 viewsGeoffSentence

This milkshake thing is wrong on 08:14 - May 21 by WD19

As result of yesterday’s ‘attack’ Farage was the headline on the news. The leading story.

My Mrs was convinced it was a false flag attack....so great was the exposure.

....whilst half the ppl liking and sharing and laughing at the whole thing won’t bother voting. They will be satisfied with a bit of online virtue signalling.

Very good point, it is true to say that his milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:34 - May 21 with 1310 viewsballycastle

There is no way the fat tw@t who threw the milkshake didn't have another for himself the BMI off scaler.
This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:37 - May 21 with 1304 viewsfooters

This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:34 - May 21 by ballycastle

There is no way the fat tw@t who threw the milkshake didn't have another for himself the BMI off scaler.

Got to treat yerself after bashing the fash :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:38 - May 21 with 1303 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I like the fact it was a five guys milkshake purely for the potential headline of ‘Five Guys unload on Nigel Farage’

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:43 - May 21 with 1289 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I heard this morning that the man who threw the milkshake has been charged with common assault and criminal damage.

Now perhaps there isn't a more fitting category of crime. But about 6 weeks ago my cousin had a drink thrown him in a case of mistaken identity in a bar.

A girl was being hassled by a bloke in a red top, told her friend and she walked up to my cousin and threw a JD and coke / vodka and coke / something and coke all over him.

Her friend, who was being hassled, was horrified and came over and apologised and said her mate had got the wrong person.

So does this mean that as society we are now saying this is a common assault. Like punching someone? Is embarrassment and inconvenience now grouped in with physical pain?

I appreciate that hurtful comments can be offensive and can be an offence, but are we going to really allow an assault to be defined in this manner?

Where does that leave water balloons or water pistols or snowballs?

What happens if someone knocks a cup of tea over your leg and you claim it was deliberate? Time to call the boys in blue FFS?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:48 - May 21 with 1282 viewsSwansea_Blue

This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:43 - May 21 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I heard this morning that the man who threw the milkshake has been charged with common assault and criminal damage.

Now perhaps there isn't a more fitting category of crime. But about 6 weeks ago my cousin had a drink thrown him in a case of mistaken identity in a bar.

A girl was being hassled by a bloke in a red top, told her friend and she walked up to my cousin and threw a JD and coke / vodka and coke / something and coke all over him.

Her friend, who was being hassled, was horrified and came over and apologised and said her mate had got the wrong person.

So does this mean that as society we are now saying this is a common assault. Like punching someone? Is embarrassment and inconvenience now grouped in with physical pain?

I appreciate that hurtful comments can be offensive and can be an offence, but are we going to really allow an assault to be defined in this manner?

What happens if someone knocks a cup of tea over your leg and you claim it was deliberate? Time to call the boys in blue FFS?

Yes, we are saying that.

Of course we could be grown ups about it and diffuse the situation, but it suits Nige to play the victim - it's what he does. Interesting to see how such a situation can be handled with a bit of dignity (in the video, ignore JOB's rant):

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:48 - May 21 with 1282 viewsNo9

It's a bit of turn the other cheek isn't it?
Farage is the lowest of the low & it is difficult to deal with such low life without showing anger.

Farage, on the other hand, had enough 'well paid heavies' around him to ensure it was nothing more serious than a milkshake.

Now his parties finances are to be investigated he has shown what he really is.
This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:58 - May 21 with 1270 viewsitfcjoe

Totally agree - it's plain wrong. No justification for it.

Although the Tommy Robinson one the guy was clearly being physically intimidated by Tommy and his thugs so can sort of understand that first one - the ones since, especially on Farage yesterday do more harm than good for remainers.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:03 - May 21 with 1265 viewsNo9

This milkshake thing is wrong on 08:29 - May 21 by hampstead_blue

It is wrong.

All politicians have a hard earned freedom to tell their story.
These actions give some a chance to be a martyr and shout louder that they are being 'shut up'.

Freedom of speech is so important and transcends political boundaries.

I agree with your views on freedom of speeach BUT should Mr farage's lies be a part of FoS?
This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:04 - May 21 with 1264 viewsitfcjoe

If you walked up to a girl in a bar and poured a pint of beer over their head then I think getting carted away by the OB would be half expected.

Only because your cousin took it well it didn't excuse the behaviour, had they not apologised and said - you are probably a tw*t anyway and deserved it and just walked off then it becomes a completely different incident.

If you actually look what common assault is, it can just be pushing someone etc

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:07 - May 21 with 1248 viewsDarth_Koont

It's certainly a moral dilemma.

In a perfect world, no you wouldn't chuck a milkshake at someone. You also wouldn't give so much airtime and credibility to such a deceitful, self-interested and hateful sh!t like Farage. Even with freedom of speech there also comes a certain responsibility.

Pronouns: He/Him

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:16 - May 21 with 1220 viewsDanTheMan

This milkshake thing is wrong on 10:48 - May 21 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, we are saying that.

Of course we could be grown ups about it and diffuse the situation, but it suits Nige to play the victim - it's what he does. Interesting to see how such a situation can be handled with a bit of dignity (in the video, ignore JOB's rant):

Wow, he continued talking after being slightly embarrassed!?

CrAzY.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:16 - May 21 with 1220 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:04 - May 21 by itfcjoe

If you walked up to a girl in a bar and poured a pint of beer over their head then I think getting carted away by the OB would be half expected.

Only because your cousin took it well it didn't excuse the behaviour, had they not apologised and said - you are probably a tw*t anyway and deserved it and just walked off then it becomes a completely different incident.

If you actually look what common assault is, it can just be pushing someone etc

The person who threw the drink over him never apologised. It was another person who apologised for their behaviour.

So does that not put it in the same realm. A person walked up to him, threw drink over him and then walked off without offering an apology.

On that basis the person who 'attacked' Farage could escape arrest if one of their mates had apologised to Nige.

I appreciate the point, but how the victim responds to an assault by the letter of the law shouldn't diminish it.

The thought this girl could have been arrested for assault seems laughable, but as you say common assault can be pushing someone, so where do you draw the line.

Throw a rock at Farage it's assault. Throw a marshmallow and it has to be as well or we are determining a statutory weight or pointiness than an object has to have before it moves from 'get over yourself' to 'Christ, that must have hurt'.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:20 - May 21 with 1215 viewsSwansea_Blue

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:16 - May 21 by DanTheMan

Wow, he continued talking after being slightly embarrassed!?

CrAzY.

That's how adults deal with it. Although there is also the John Prescott approach I suppose!

But flouncing off and having a hissy fit tells us as much about Farage as it does the milkshake thrower. It isn't particularly becoming. Nor is banning the media from your events because they started asking difficult questions about potential illegal activity.

edit - or a some smart ass sarcastically puts it in the replies - 'chaos with Ed Miliband'
[Post edited 21 May 2019 11:22]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:37 - May 21 with 1184 viewsitfcjoe

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:16 - May 21 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The person who threw the drink over him never apologised. It was another person who apologised for their behaviour.

So does that not put it in the same realm. A person walked up to him, threw drink over him and then walked off without offering an apology.

On that basis the person who 'attacked' Farage could escape arrest if one of their mates had apologised to Nige.

I appreciate the point, but how the victim responds to an assault by the letter of the law shouldn't diminish it.

The thought this girl could have been arrested for assault seems laughable, but as you say common assault can be pushing someone, so where do you draw the line.

Throw a rock at Farage it's assault. Throw a marshmallow and it has to be as well or we are determining a statutory weight or pointiness than an object has to have before it moves from 'get over yourself' to 'Christ, that must have hurt'.

I did get that, I meant that if the friend hadn't apologised to diffuse the situation - it wasn't you I wanted her to do it to but you are a probably a tw*t as well.....

I personally just think it's wrong, and unnecessary - there is no excuse for it for me - the Robinson one was different because they were getting in his face etc so could easily say he was in fear etc and just a reaction - this was a pre planned attack on Farage. Realistically the bloke deserved someone to swing a punch at him for it but that can't happen on a political campaign - but that could easily be the reaction on the high street if you or I were to do it.

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:38 - May 21 with 1185 viewsDarkHorse

All the Leavers wringing their hands...I don't remember the same hand wringing when MPs were being threatened in the streets, or even when one was murdered in cold blood by a rabid leave supporter.

In fact, Nigel Frijj himself said he would “don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines” for Brexit. And he said the referendum was won “without a single bullet being fired.” That's how much sympathy he had.

So no use crying over spilt milkshake.

It's not great - people should call out his bs with effective communication - but there's a big difference:
His followers plot to murder MPs with guns and bombs.
His opponents splash a bit of dairy about.
This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:41 - May 21 with 1162 viewsDarkHorse

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:37 - May 21 by itfcjoe

I did get that, I meant that if the friend hadn't apologised to diffuse the situation - it wasn't you I wanted her to do it to but you are a probably a tw*t as well.....

I personally just think it's wrong, and unnecessary - there is no excuse for it for me - the Robinson one was different because they were getting in his face etc so could easily say he was in fear etc and just a reaction - this was a pre planned attack on Farage. Realistically the bloke deserved someone to swing a punch at him for it but that can't happen on a political campaign - but that could easily be the reaction on the high street if you or I were to do it.

Perhaps it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't thick enough to hold a far-right meet and greet outside a fooking milkshake shop?
This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:45 - May 21 with 1139 viewsJ2BLUE

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:38 - May 21 by DarkHorse

All the Leavers wringing their hands...I don't remember the same hand wringing when MPs were being threatened in the streets, or even when one was murdered in cold blood by a rabid leave supporter.

In fact, Nigel Frijj himself said he would “don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines” for Brexit. And he said the referendum was won “without a single bullet being fired.” That's how much sympathy he had.

So no use crying over spilt milkshake.

It's not great - people should call out his bs with effective communication - but there's a big difference:
His followers plot to murder MPs with guns and bombs.
His opponents splash a bit of dairy about.

I don't remember the same hand wringing when MPs were being threatened in the streets, or even when one was murdered in cold blood by a rabid leave supporter.

That might be because no one took the stance that either of those were acceptable and therefore there was no debate to be had.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:47 - May 21 with 1133 viewsHennikerBlu

Essentially the law looks at it in terms of 'reasonable apprehension' or if you like a fear of assault, 'assault and battery' are two separate parts. It is one thing when you are horsing around or someone squirts you with water, it is still another if they come up to you in a threatening manner with their hand in their pocket and use threatening language (for example).

A politician when out with his security team in public would be rightly concerned if not frightened by an aggressive approach, after all the cup could contain acid or bleach. So there is a case to answer here. Try to look at it this way, if your wife (assumption here) had a motoring altercation and the individual was highly aggressive and frightened her to point where his actions and words suggested a real threat, I am sure you would want some recourse at law. In many ways it is about calming offenders down so they hopefully think twice in future.

So yes I think the law is right to consider the 'reasonable apprehension' of the victim, the MO and circumstances of the attack, regardless of whether it is Farage and only milkshake, which seems to be the focus of this thread. For his stupidity this lad will now have some form of criminal record.
This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:49 - May 21 with 1128 viewsJ2BLUE

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:41 - May 21 by DarkHorse

Perhaps it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't thick enough to hold a far-right meet and greet outside a fooking milkshake shop?

Outside a burger restaurant.

Also, what a fecking stupid point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:54 - May 21 with 1110 viewsitfcjoe

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:41 - May 21 by DarkHorse

Ridiculous point

This milkshake thing is wrong on 12:02 - May 21 with 1094 viewsHennikerBlu

This milkshake thing is wrong on 11:45 - May 21 by J2BLUE

I don't remember the same hand wringing when MPs were being threatened in the streets, or even when one was murdered in cold blood by a rabid leave supporter.

That might be because no one took the stance that either of those were acceptable and therefore there was no debate to be had.

100% agree there is no place in the UK for aggressive, confrontational and threatening behaviour towards politicians. What happened to Jo Cox is a tragedy and she seemed a gifted politician a sad loss to the country regardless of which political side any of us are on.
This milkshake thing is wrong on 13:35 - May 21 with 1044 viewsstrikalite

People find it funny because it was just a milkshake, that isn't the point, next time it could be an acid attack or a Jo Cox situation, I'd send him down for two years, but of course he'll get a slap on the wrist and there lies the problem today..
This milkshake thing is wrong on 13:51 - May 21 with 1033 viewsDanTheMan

This milkshake thing is wrong on 13:35 - May 21 by strikalite

People find it funny because it was just a milkshake, that isn't the point, next time it could be an acid attack or a Jo Cox situation, I'd send him down for two years, but of course he'll get a slap on the wrist and there lies the problem today..

Prison for two years for throwing a milkshake on someone!?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This milkshake thing is wrong on 13:53 - May 21 with 1027 viewsSpruceMoose

This milkshake thing is wrong on 13:51 - May 21 by DanTheMan

Prison for two years for throwing a milkshake on someone!?

The people desperately trying to link this to the murder of Jo Cox should be ashamed of themselves.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024