Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer Moore 09:02 - May 21 with 11907 viewsPhilTWTD

In Wales squad for training camp, listed alongside Gareth Bale. Come quite a long way since being Kieffer Who when we signed him from Forest Green.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Kieffer Moore on 10:57 - May 21 with 3760 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kieffer Moore on 09:39 - May 21 by Fixed_It

I'm just amazed that the thought of international football ever crossed his mind to be honest.

Boy's done good. I wonder who's more surprised, us or him?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kieffer Moore on 11:04 - May 21 with 3747 viewsSouperJim

Kieffer Moore on 10:57 - May 21 by Herbivore

Hadn't we already signed Waghorn by the time we sold Moore? We sold Moore in January 2018.

Erm, maybe, still relevant tho innit. Who needs a lamp post when you've got a fire hydrant? Or something.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Kieffer Moore on 11:23 - May 21 with 3726 viewshoppy

Kieffer Moore on 11:04 - May 21 by SouperJim

Erm, maybe, still relevant tho innit. Who needs a lamp post when you've got a fire hydrant? Or something.

Or a knife when you've got ten thousand spoons?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Kieffer Moore on 11:51 - May 21 with 3681 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieffer Moore on 10:51 - May 21 by SouperJim

Agreed, he's no Peter Crouch is he. I'd like to see us play with more ambition than lump it up to the 6ft 5in target donkey. Yes his chance to impress here was limited, but we made a tidy sum on him and as pointed out, were then able to sign the far more capable Waghorn for an absolute steal.

Think he's more Peter Crouch than Kevin Francis in terms of a very big striker. Didn't think he was as good in the air as he ought to have been when he was here.
Kieffer Moore on 11:53 - May 21 with 3675 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieffer Moore on 09:50 - May 21 by ParisBlue

So....the obvious question. Add-ons for an international cap?

Ha, I'm not sure that would have been top of Town's list of top-ups in the negotiations!
Kieffer Moore on 12:44 - May 21 with 3637 viewsstrikalite

Quaner or Kieffer Moore then?
Kieffer Moore on 12:47 - May 21 with 3640 viewsSouperJim

Kieffer Moore on 11:51 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Think he's more Peter Crouch than Kevin Francis in terms of a very big striker. Didn't think he was as good in the air as he ought to have been when he was here.

I meant in terms of quality, I agree that he is somewhat similar to Crouch in that he's better with his feet and weaker with his head than his stature would perhaps suggest.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Kieffer Moore on 12:49 - May 21 with 3634 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieffer Moore on 12:47 - May 21 by SouperJim

I meant in terms of quality, I agree that he is somewhat similar to Crouch in that he's better with his feet and weaker with his head than his stature would perhaps suggest.

I get you, yes, don't see him hitting Crouch's heights, pun not intended.
Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer Moore on 13:29 - May 21 with 3601 viewsParisBlue

Kieffer Moore on 11:53 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Ha, I'm not sure that would have been top of Town's list of top-ups in the negotiations!

Stuart Watson reporting he is interesting Bristol City. So hopefully some add-ons there...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ex-town-striker-moore-named-in-wales-squad-1-606218

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Kieffer Moore on 13:33 - May 21 with 3593 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieffer Moore on 13:29 - May 21 by ParisBlue

Stuart Watson reporting he is interesting Bristol City. So hopefully some add-ons there...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ex-town-striker-moore-named-in-wales-squad-1-606218

Was in The Sun at the weekend, £2m apparently. We would have a sell-on, probably 10 per cent of the profit on the £750,000 we got for him.
Kieffer Moore on 14:24 - May 21 with 3558 viewsMeadowlark

Kieffer Moore on 09:15 - May 21 by Steve_M

A warning for the 90% of Town fans who judged him ad crap on his first few games for us perhaps.

I'm still not convinced he's a Championship-standard player - the inability to actually time a jump for one - but Mick and Terry were right about him being better than where he was.

To be fair, he was crap when he played for us.
Kieffer Moore on 17:59 - May 21 with 3499 viewschristiand

Kieffer Moore on 09:15 - May 21 by Steve_M

A warning for the 90% of Town fans who judged him ad crap on his first few games for us perhaps.

I'm still not convinced he's a Championship-standard player - the inability to actually time a jump for one - but Mick and Terry were right about him being better than where he was.

Let’s see how he gets on next season. Like you Steve, I’m not convinced he’s a Championship quality striker.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Kieffer Moore on 18:10 - May 21 with 3488 viewsipswichheritage

I genuinely have no idea who about a third of those names play for...!?

I reckon if I had an ounce of welsh blood in me - I could stake a claim to get in the squad...
Kieffer Moore on 18:19 - May 21 with 3486 viewsActionMan

Kieffer Moore on 09:22 - May 21 by Devereuxxx

The selling of Kieffer Moore still rankles me.

The club seemed to get dizzy with excitement that they had an asset which has increased in value and couldn't wait to get him out the door to whoever made a bid. Seemed to be little consideration that he could deliver for the team in the long term, and even might increase further in value.

Welcome to Marcus Evans's ownership. If you look at what we've sold or released over the past three seasons...

Matthew Clarke
Daryl Murphy
Christophe Berra
Tommy Smith
Kieffer Moore
Kévin Bru
Luke Hyam
David McGoldrick
Adam Webster
Martyn Waghorn
Joe Garner
Dean Gerken
Grant Ward
Jonas Knudsen

... and compare that what with we've brought in over the same period... relegation was a given really from a business perspective, we just rode our luck before the reality of the cuts kicked in.
Kieffer Moore on 20:19 - May 21 with 3437 viewsTrequartista

too good for league one, not good enough for the championship, let's make a loan bid.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Kieffer Moore on 22:42 - May 21 with 3399 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Kieffer Moore on 13:33 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Was in The Sun at the weekend, £2m apparently. We would have a sell-on, probably 10 per cent of the profit on the £750,000 we got for him.

He’ll end up there if Johnson remains the manager (Gary had him at Yeovil).
[Post edited 21 May 2019 22:42]
Kieffer Moore on 22:58 - May 21 with 3381 viewsxrayspecs

Kieffer Moore on 18:19 - May 21 by ActionMan

Welcome to Marcus Evans's ownership. If you look at what we've sold or released over the past three seasons...

Matthew Clarke
Daryl Murphy
Christophe Berra
Tommy Smith
Kieffer Moore
Kévin Bru
Luke Hyam
David McGoldrick
Adam Webster
Martyn Waghorn
Joe Garner
Dean Gerken
Grant Ward
Jonas Knudsen

... and compare that what with we've brought in over the same period... relegation was a given really from a business perspective, we just rode our luck before the reality of the cuts kicked in.

I think you will find that the football decisions were left to the manager not ME.
Kieffer Moore on 23:41 - May 21 with 3364 viewsActionMan

Kieffer Moore on 22:58 - May 21 by xrayspecs

I think you will find that the football decisions were left to the manager not ME.

Not true in this case, or in the case of most sold as well documented. Evans pushed the blame of the summer onto Hurst but he released and sold those players to save cash.

Looks at where we are now and where we will be if it continues.
Kieffer Moore on 23:49 - May 21 with 3358 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieffer Moore on 22:42 - May 21 by PrideOfTheEast

He’ll end up there if Johnson remains the manager (Gary had him at Yeovil).
[Post edited 21 May 2019 22:42]

Ah yes, that hadn't occurred to me. Lee J is starting talks on a new deal, so sounds like it might well happen.
Kieffer Moore on 23:50 - May 21 with 3357 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieffer Moore on 23:41 - May 21 by ActionMan

Not true in this case, or in the case of most sold as well documented. Evans pushed the blame of the summer onto Hurst but he released and sold those players to save cash.

Looks at where we are now and where we will be if it continues.

Not sure where that's been well documented. MM's decision to sell KM, Hurst's decisions to allow last summer's exits (except McGoldrick, who had gone before he was here).
Kieffer Moore on 06:40 - May 22 with 3315 viewsEly_Blue

Kieffer Moore on 18:19 - May 21 by ActionMan

Matthew Clarke
Daryl Murphy
Christophe Berra
Tommy Smith
Kieffer Moore
Kévin Bru
Luke Hyam
David McGoldrick
Adam Webster
Martyn Waghorn
Joe Garner
Dean Gerken
Grant Ward
Jonas Knudsen

You make it sound as though we deliberately got rid of all of these players, you do of course try to use it as another ME bashing, let’s face it you don’t include the ones we made good money on like Mings or Cresswell and the ones we never accepted like Bart last summer and McGoldrick to Leicester - funny how you don’t include the ones that you couldn’t defend, FWIW I have detailed below why players left, are they really the ones we “let go”?

Matthew Clarke - part of a deal that brought us a better and more valuable player in
Daryl Murphy - we had good value out of a player who cost us next to nothing and was getting a shot at the premier league at 33, HE wanted to leave and we got £3m for him at that age
Christophe Berra - contract up and wanted to return to Scotland so nothing we could do there
Tommy Smith - wasn’t quite good enough for a regular place in the Championship despite all of our blue tinted glasses
Kieffer Moore - need I say more, he was awful in our system, a cart horse
Kévin Bru - just because he was a “fans favourite” didn’t make him a good player, too often missing in games
Luke Hyam - just because he was one of own didn’t make him a good player, not even good enough for regular starts in league 1 for Southend
David McGoldrick - depending on which side of the story you read he wanted to leave to be closer to his family, if we were that desperate to cash in we would have taken Leicester’s £7m
Adam Webster - good return on our initial outlay for a player that never really fitted the MM style of hoof ball, Hurst was put in a difficult situation immediately on arrival with this one, money funded our transfers last summer
Martyn Waghorn - once he knew of Derby’s interest it was he who wanted to leave
Joe Garner - moved back home to the North West
Dean Gerken - he has stated that HE wants to be playing not bench warming
Grant Ward - good start for us, not really the player that showed so much promise on debut
Jonas Knudsen - thought he was too good for us, manufacturer of his own downfall when we offered him a new deal in January
[Post edited 22 May 2019 7:14]

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Kieffer Moore on 07:14 - May 22 with 3301 viewstractorgirls

Kieffer Moore on 06:40 - May 22 by Ely_Blue

You make it sound as though we deliberately got rid of all of these players, you do of course try to use it as another ME bashing, let’s face it you don’t include the ones we made good money on like Mings or Cresswell and the ones we never accepted like Bart last summer and McGoldrick to Leicester - funny how you don’t include the ones that you couldn’t defend, FWIW I have detailed below why players left, are they really the ones we “let go”?

Matthew Clarke - part of a deal that brought us a better and more valuable player in
Daryl Murphy - we had good value out of a player who cost us next to nothing and was getting a shot at the premier league at 33, HE wanted to leave and we got £3m for him at that age
Christophe Berra - contract up and wanted to return to Scotland so nothing we could do there
Tommy Smith - wasn’t quite good enough for a regular place in the Championship despite all of our blue tinted glasses
Kieffer Moore - need I say more, he was awful in our system, a cart horse
Kévin Bru - just because he was a “fans favourite” didn’t make him a good player, too often missing in games
Luke Hyam - just because he was one of own didn’t make him a good player, not even good enough for regular starts in league 1 for Southend
David McGoldrick - depending on which side of the story you read he wanted to leave to be closer to his family, if we were that desperate to cash in we would have taken Leicester’s £7m
Adam Webster - good return on our initial outlay for a player that never really fitted the MM style of hoof ball, Hurst was put in a difficult situation immediately on arrival with this one, money funded our transfers last summer
Martyn Waghorn - once he knew of Derby’s interest it was he who wanted to leave
Joe Garner - moved back home to the North West
Dean Gerken - he has stated that HE wants to be playing not bench warming
Grant Ward - good start for us, not really the player that showed so much promise on debut
Jonas Knudsen - thought he was too good for us, manufacturer of his own downfall when we offered him a new deal in January
[Post edited 22 May 2019 7:14]

I see what you have done there, made a list of negatives and reasons we got rid to make it look like a good business decision... Not many of that list are League One players like our club is now, that tells its own story.

We lost all of our good players!

Poll: Good, Bad, Ugly?

Kieffer Moore on 07:26 - May 22 with 3287 viewsGeoffSentence

Kieffer Moore on 18:10 - May 21 by ipswichheritage

I genuinely have no idea who about a third of those names play for...!?

I reckon if I had an ounce of welsh blood in me - I could stake a claim to get in the squad...

I am changing my name for just that reason, look out for Gwff Syntynce in a welsh squad coming soon.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Kieffer Moore on 07:36 - May 22 with 3277 viewsEly_Blue

Kieffer Moore on 07:14 - May 22 by tractorgirls

I see what you have done there, made a list of negatives and reasons we got rid to make it look like a good business decision... Not many of that list are League One players like our club is now, that tells its own story.

We lost all of our good players!

The fact of whether they are in League 1 now or not is irrelevant, there are few players in that list that we “lost”. It’s not like a Ramsey or Sanchez at Arsenal situation where we allowed their contracts to run down and they went for free with the exception of McGoldrick and Knudsen, both of whom made it clear from 6 months before their respective contracts expired that THEY wanted to look elsewhere. If I made a list of reasons why we got rid then they were justified in my opinion, I don’t see you coming back with a genuine counter arguement only rubbishing my facts as to why these players left.

By all means give me a rational reason why these players were “lost” that you can back up and I’ll quite happily listen to it

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Kieffer Moore on 08:17 - May 22 with 3260 viewstractorgirls

Kieffer Moore on 07:36 - May 22 by Ely_Blue

The fact of whether they are in League 1 now or not is irrelevant, there are few players in that list that we “lost”. It’s not like a Ramsey or Sanchez at Arsenal situation where we allowed their contracts to run down and they went for free with the exception of McGoldrick and Knudsen, both of whom made it clear from 6 months before their respective contracts expired that THEY wanted to look elsewhere. If I made a list of reasons why we got rid then they were justified in my opinion, I don’t see you coming back with a genuine counter arguement only rubbishing my facts as to why these players left.

By all means give me a rational reason why these players were “lost” that you can back up and I’ll quite happily listen to it

I can't be bothered I am afraid, just read through your list and see the good in the players we let go that is all I ask.

Poll: Good, Bad, Ugly?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024