Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer Moore 09:02 - May 21 with 11920 viewsPhilTWTD

In Wales squad for training camp, listed alongside Gareth Bale. Come quite a long way since being Kieffer Who when we signed him from Forest Green.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Kieffer Moore on 09:06 - May 21 with 8103 viewsITFC_Forever

The world has gone mad.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Kieffer Moore on 09:08 - May 21 with 8076 viewsJackSted

When was he Welsh???

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Kieffer Moore on 09:10 - May 21 with 8054 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieffer Moore on 09:08 - May 21 by JackSted

When was he Welsh???

He qualifies through his maternal grandfather from Llanrug in Gwynedd, according to the BBC.
Kieffer Moore on 09:15 - May 21 with 8008 viewsSteve_M

A warning for the 90% of Town fans who judged him ad crap on his first few games for us perhaps.

I'm still not convinced he's a Championship-standard player - the inability to actually time a jump for one - but Mick and Terry were right about him being better than where he was.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kieffer Moore on 09:18 - May 21 with 7983 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kieffer Moore on 09:08 - May 21 by JackSted

When was he Welsh???

Since he realised he didn't have a snowball in hell's chance of playing for England I suspect. Like a lot of them!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kieffer Moore on 09:22 - May 21 with 7955 viewsDevereuxxx

The selling of Kieffer Moore still rankles me.

The club seemed to get dizzy with excitement that they had an asset which has increased in value and couldn't wait to get him out the door to whoever made a bid. Seemed to be little consideration that he could deliver for the team in the long term, and even might increase further in value.
Kieffer Moore on 09:23 - May 21 with 7937 viewsCoastalblue

Kieffer Moore on 09:10 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

He qualifies through his maternal grandfather from Llanrug in Gwynedd, according to the BBC.

Easy for you to say

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Kieffer Moore on 09:34 - May 21 with 7881 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kieffer Moore on 09:22 - May 21 by Devereuxxx

The club seemed to get dizzy with excitement that they had an asset which has increased in value and couldn't wait to get him out the door to whoever made a bid. Seemed to be little consideration that he could deliver for the team in the long term, and even might increase further in value.

Mid you, his fee did cover a large part of Waghorn's

Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer Moore on 09:36 - May 21 with 7866 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer Moore on 09:22 - May 21 by Devereuxxx

He wanted to go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kieffer Moore on 09:37 - May 21 with 7863 viewsFixed_It

Kieffer Moore on 09:36 - May 21 by Herbivore

He wanted to go.

And 99.9% of us wanted him to go too.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 9:38]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Kieffer Moore on 09:38 - May 21 with 7849 viewsJakeITFC

Kieffer Moore on 09:15 - May 21 by Steve_M

A warning for the 90% of Town fans who judged him ad crap on his first few games for us perhaps.

I'm still not convinced he's a Championship-standard player - the inability to actually time a jump for one - but Mick and Terry were right about him being better than where he was.

I find the whole episode totally bizarre tbh.

Played out of position in the conference and somehow ended up with us as a forward, looked like a complete and utter carthorse in his brief appearances (especially Norwich away) and then has absolutely hacked up in League One.

I think we were right to take the money when we did, but I don’t think anybody saw him playing international football and in a division above us 18 months down the line!
Kieffer Moore on 09:39 - May 21 with 7836 viewsFixed_It

Kieffer Moore on 09:18 - May 21 by Swansea_Blue

Since he realised he didn't have a snowball in hell's chance of playing for England I suspect. Like a lot of them!

I'm just amazed that the thought of international football ever crossed his mind to be honest.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Kieffer Moore on 09:46 - May 21 with 7808 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieffer Moore on 09:38 - May 21 by JakeITFC

I find the whole episode totally bizarre tbh.

Played out of position in the conference and somehow ended up with us as a forward, looked like a complete and utter carthorse in his brief appearances (especially Norwich away) and then has absolutely hacked up in League One.

I think we were right to take the money when we did, but I don’t think anybody saw him playing international football and in a division above us 18 months down the line!

He had one really good game for us - and he only made 11 sub appearances for us, most of them very brief - which was at Rotherham when we should have won the game in large part due to his performance off the bench. That display won him his loan move and set him on his way.

He needed to more time to find his feet at this level. Think it was difficult to turn down the offer for him when it came as he would probably have been fourth-choice striker.
Kieffer Moore on 09:49 - May 21 with 7769 viewsxrayspecs

Kieffer Moore on 09:46 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

He had one really good game for us - and he only made 11 sub appearances for us, most of them very brief - which was at Rotherham when we should have won the game in large part due to his performance off the bench. That display won him his loan move and set him on his way.

He needed to more time to find his feet at this level. Think it was difficult to turn down the offer for him when it came as he would probably have been fourth-choice striker.

I saw him play for Barnsley last season and he did not look much better than when he was with us. Barnsely peppered the box with crosses for him to win in the air. It generally worked but he is no Darryl Murphy.
Kieffer Moore on 09:50 - May 21 with 7752 viewsParisBlue

Kieffer Moore on 09:10 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

So....the obvious question. Add-ons for an international cap?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Kieffer Moore on 09:52 - May 21 with 7722 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer Moore on 09:46 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

And 18 months on we still don't know if he'll ever really cut it in the Championship.

Kieffer Moore on 09:56 - May 21 with 7707 viewsflimflam

Kieffer Moore on 09:49 - May 21 by xrayspecs

I saw him play for Barnsley last season and he did not look much better than when he was with us. Barnsely peppered the box with crosses for him to win in the air. It generally worked but he is no Darryl Murphy.

My mate is a Barnsley season ticket holder and said that he has been quality for them but most probably look to sell him now as not sure he will be as good in the Championship.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Kieffer Moore on 10:04 - May 21 with 7650 viewsWickets

Kieffer Moore on 09:37 - May 21 by Fixed_It

And 99.9% of us wanted him to go too.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 9:38]

And it was a good deal for all parties , amazing the double standers of some posters .
Kieffer Moore on 10:33 - May 21 with 7472 viewsFixed_It

Kieffer Moore on 09:56 - May 21 by flimflam

My mate is a Barnsley season ticket holder and said that he has been quality for them but most probably look to sell him now as not sure he will be as good in the Championship.

I've mentioned before on here - I have met people who played with him in youth football. They are amazed that he made it as a professional footballer. Apparently he had a very fortuitous route, and his unusual size obviously caught the eye of scouts. But they said he had zero technical ability back then, and limited coordination. Fair play he has made a living from the game - but he remains fairly limited.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Kieffer Moore on 10:38 - May 21 with 7436 viewsPendejo

Good luck to him

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Kieffer Moore on 10:41 - May 21 with 7414 viewsitfc_bucks

Jeez Phil, you trying to trigger half the board??
Kieffer Moore on 10:46 - May 21 with 7389 viewsBent_double

Time to buy him back then?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Kieffer Moore on 10:51 - May 21 with 7364 viewsSouperJim

Kieffer Moore on 10:33 - May 21 by Fixed_It

I've mentioned before on here - I have met people who played with him in youth football. They are amazed that he made it as a professional footballer. Apparently he had a very fortuitous route, and his unusual size obviously caught the eye of scouts. But they said he had zero technical ability back then, and limited coordination. Fair play he has made a living from the game - but he remains fairly limited.

Agreed, he's no Peter Crouch is he. I'd like to see us play with more ambition than lump it up to the 6ft 5in target donkey. Yes his chance to impress here was limited, but we made a tidy sum on him and as pointed out, were then able to sign the far more capable Waghorn for an absolute steal.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Kieffer Moore on 10:55 - May 21 with 7331 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's hearing things like this that gives me a glimmer of optimism for next season. If Kieffer can stand out as quality, we have a chance.

Kieffer Moore on 10:57 - May 21 with 7313 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer Moore on 10:51 - May 21 by SouperJim

Agreed, he's no Peter Crouch is he. I'd like to see us play with more ambition than lump it up to the 6ft 5in target donkey. Yes his chance to impress here was limited, but we made a tidy sum on him and as pointed out, were then able to sign the far more capable Waghorn for an absolute steal.

Hadn't we already signed Waghorn by the time we sold Moore? We sold Moore in January 2018.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024