Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup Squad...... 11:28 - May 21 with 788 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48347499

Dawson in?

You must be joking. He is not good enough for International cricket.
Should have left Willey in.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

World Cup Squad...... on 11:30 - May 21 with 771 viewsIpswichKnight

Need the reserve spinner, if Ali or Rashid go down with muscle strain we need the back up plus being a left armer takes the ball away from the right handers. He will only play if one goes down on the day of a game.
World Cup Squad...... on 11:31 - May 21 with 764 viewsitfcjoe

Think you needed a proper back up spinner in case anything happens to Rashid.

I think it is the right choice, must have been very tough decision after this series but think it was either Willey or Wood and if the pitch isn't doing much then Willey can look poor

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

World Cup Squad...... on 11:32 - May 21 with 759 viewsReuser_is_God

We need a back up spinner & he's better than Denly.

Willey is good but I can;t see him being effective on the pitches we'll be playing on in this World Cup. They've got it spot on for me.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

World Cup Squad...... on 11:32 - May 21 with 762 viewsvilanovablue

That'll be Dawson who has taken 20 wickets and scored runs at an average of 45 as his team have made the final of England's 50 over competition...

In the end it was a straight up fight between Willey and Archer and I know who I'd choose.
World Cup Squad...... on 11:45 - May 21 with 731 viewsitfc48

I like Dawson as a 50 over spinner. You could go as far as arguing he's a better bowler than Moeen in that format.

It's a shame not to have a left armer however Willey's weakness is he really isn't effective with the older ball and he's not been taking wickets early doors recently which was his strength. You could argue that Sam Curran should be ahead of him in this role and possibly even Harry Gurney who did very well in the Big Bash and had a solid IPL.
World Cup Squad...... on 11:51 - May 21 with 718 viewsBlueRaider

World Cup Squad...... on 11:31 - May 21 by itfcjoe

Think you needed a proper back up spinner in case anything happens to Rashid.

I think it is the right choice, must have been very tough decision after this series but think it was either Willey or Wood and if the pitch isn't doing much then Willey can look poor

Willey is a little bit fodder when the pitch is flat and there's no swing, I reckon that last wicket stand on Sunday did for him - two 19 year old bowlers smacking him around

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

World Cup Squad...... on 11:55 - May 21 with 706 viewshampstead_blue

World Cup Squad...... on 11:32 - May 21 by vilanovablue

That'll be Dawson who has taken 20 wickets and scored runs at an average of 45 as his team have made the final of England's 50 over competition...

In the end it was a straight up fight between Willey and Archer and I know who I'd choose.

I think Dawson at county level is fine. I just don't see him at a higher level.

Willey can go round the park but so can Wood if he's not at full tilt. I'd have left out Wood for WIlley for something slightly different.

Who would be the back-up spinner? Jack Leach at Somerset?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

World Cup Squad...... on 11:59 - May 21 with 701 viewsSporall

Oi, he plays for my county team.
Login to get fewer ads

World Cup Squad...... on 12:01 - May 21 with 693 viewsitfc48

World Cup Squad...... on 11:55 - May 21 by hampstead_blue

I think Dawson at county level is fine. I just don't see him at a higher level.

Willey can go round the park but so can Wood if he's not at full tilt. I'd have left out Wood for WIlley for something slightly different.

Who would be the back-up spinner? Jack Leach at Somerset?

Leach doesn't even get in the Somerset limited overs side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024