Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? 12:32 - May 21 with 9340 viewshomer_123

I genuinely do - and feel that I am probably in the minority.

Don't get me wrong, there are frustrations, annoyances and days when it's stressful etc. but I really do love what I do.

Anyone else?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:36 - May 21 with 2313 viewsJ2BLUE

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 13:46 - May 21 by Herbivore

You may.

Thank you. What do you do?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:38 - May 21 with 2309 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, genuinely do love what I do. Great job, great boss and never dread to go in to work.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:38 - May 21 with 2306 viewsfactual_blue

Yes. I love being retired.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:40 - May 21 with 2289 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:21 - May 21 by footers

Where do you fish out of, buh? Many boats still going?

Few still go out of Lowestoft but the numbers are declining rapidly.

Out of orford mate, there is only 2 other boats from here now and both of them are getting on and will be calling it a day soon.
Bawdsey has 3-4 boats and Felixstowe a handful.
I just feel more should be done for us small boats, under 8m. Everyone bangs on about sustainable fishing and discards . We longline and lobster pot which as zero impact on the seabed with zero discards. Trammel netting there might be a bit more but still hardly anything worth mentioning. Then you get the big trawlers and we’ll, that’s a complete different kettle of fish. It sickens me to see it, although I am a fisherman I want to look after the environment and protect my job for the future generations as most small boat owners do, but what chance do we have when you get a 40m beam trawler just outside the 6 mile limit going up and down for 3 days at a time and just decimating the area, which would have lasted 5 local boats a week and made a living for all .
Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:57 - May 21 with 2267 viewshomer_123

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:38 - May 21 by factual_blue

That gold plated pension must make it easier to enjoy your 'long' retirement Facters? ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:58 - May 21 with 2269 viewsBrixtonBlue

"Love" might be a bit strong, but I certainly love it in comparison to what I was doing before (Tesco general assistant). And the pay is way better.

At the moment I'm working on my book on a laptop in the garden, on a gloriously sunny day. Can't beat that, and it really would be "love" if I could make a living as a writer.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:00 - May 21 with 2256 viewsfooters

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:38 - May 21 by factual_blue

You've spelled that wrongly...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:04 - May 21 with 2227 viewscaught-in-limbo

My work time is largely dedicated to having interesting conversations with a rich variety of professionals in English. Very sociable, sufficiently rewarding, never repetitive, quite stable with 2-month long summer holidays.

Previous jobs payed more but the cyclical nature of my first job and the stress and exhaustion of my second put an end to those careers.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:08 - May 21 with 2226 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:58 - May 21 by BrixtonBlue

"Love" might be a bit strong, but I certainly love it in comparison to what I was doing before (Tesco general assistant). And the pay is way better.

At the moment I'm working on my book on a laptop in the garden, on a gloriously sunny day. Can't beat that, and it really would be "love" if I could make a living as a writer.

What's the book about?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:08 - May 21 with 2224 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:08 - May 21 by Illinoisblue

What's the book about?

The History of the Wogbox.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:09 - May 21 with 2221 viewshampstead_blue

I do now.

We got out of London to do more interesting things. The Corporate world had had it's pound of flesh from my wife and I was tired running my own business.

Building houses for locals and veterans is our new gig. Just finished a short term contract to get some income ticking whilst we got the new development up and running.

Feels like we are doing something good for the community and fellow veterans.

It's totally new to us both and am loving the learning curve.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:10 - May 21 with 2213 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 13:25 - May 21 by itfcjoe

I'd like to just bolt abroad at some point, but the problem is I'm used to a lifestyle that would be hard to keep upu without a decent job there.....and leaving the EU a bit of a killer.

I go to Cyprus lot where my family is from, and think I could just kick back there with the wife and kids for a few years - guess I need to get into Forex and hope we don't leave the EU

do it, with iFollow the world's your oyster! When I first moved I had to make do with dodgy commentary links via itfcvideo. TWTD!

62 - 78 - 81

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:19 - May 21 with 2188 viewsbluelagos

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 13:28 - May 21 by PJH

I love being retired.

Working was not so much fun most of the time though.

I enjoyed some parts of some of the five jobs I had in my working life but on the whole I enjoy not working a lot more.

Same as, Paul.

Was discussing same topic on a walk today, stopped, looked across a lovely view of the rolling countryside and said "Why the fck would I rather be at work?"

Appreciate not many/everyone can afford early retirement, but if you can, why wouldn't you?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:22 - May 21 with 2180 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:19 - May 21 by bluelagos

Same as, Paul.

Was discussing same topic on a walk today, stopped, looked across a lovely view of the rolling countryside and said "Why the fck would I rather be at work?"

Appreciate not many/everyone can afford early retirement, but if you can, why wouldn't you?

Some people don't have enough interests or passions to sustain a long retirement. I know a couple of blokes who retired young and now spend their lives in supermarkets or watching TV or carrying bags round town for their wives.

It's not for everyone I guess. Seems to me a good retirement requires some active effort.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 15:22]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:45 - May 21 with 2141 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:08 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

The History of the Wogbox.

I did not see that coming

62 - 78 - 81

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:45 - May 21 with 2143 viewsJ2BLUE

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:22 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

Some people don't have enough interests or passions to sustain a long retirement. I know a couple of blokes who retired young and now spend their lives in supermarkets or watching TV or carrying bags round town for their wives.

It's not for everyone I guess. Seems to me a good retirement requires some active effort.

Definitely. If I was 65 and retiring now my time would be spent reading, playing golf and walking football and travelling. Money depending of course which is why I want to start saving plenty.

Truly impaired.

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:47 - May 21 with 2138 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 14:36 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Thank you. What do you do?

PMed you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:51 - May 21 with 2126 viewsJ2BLUE

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:47 - May 21 by Herbivore

PMed you.

Jesus, no wonder you didn’t want to post that on the board

I wondered why there was a shortage of cucumbers...

Truly impaired.

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:54 - May 21 with 2117 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:51 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Jesus, no wonder you didn’t want to post that on the board

I wondered why there was a shortage of cucumbers...

It's incredible what you can fit in there.

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:55 - May 21 with 2112 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 13:30 - May 21 by homer_123

Tough decision Illy!

meant to ask, what do you do, Homer?

62 - 78 - 81

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:55 - May 21 with 2112 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:54 - May 21 by Herbivore

It's incredible what you can fit in there.

I'm starting with Pickles and working my way up.

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:57 - May 21 with 2104 viewsBiGDonnie

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 12:33 - May 21 by Herbivore

Yep, me too.

Most people would if they spent all the time at work on TWTD

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:59 - May 21 with 2095 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:57 - May 21 by BiGDonnie

Most people would if they spent all the time at work on TWTD

This is work, the Russians pay me well.

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 16:44 - May 21 with 2034 viewsPJH

Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 15:22 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

I retired a couple of weeks short of my 63rd birthday and I have not regretted it for a moment.
My last job had changed greatly over the 14 years or whatever it was that I was doing it and it was making me ill. Friends and family all noticed a change in me once I had packed it in.
I got a state pension from my 65th birthday and I took the largest lump sum possible out of my pension pot that had accumulated over my working life.
For a couple of years there was a big drop in my monthly income although I was never on mega money so it was not as noticeable as it would have been if I had been getting big bucks.
I was always brought up to live within my means and that is what my wife and I continue to do.
We do ok for the holidays that we want(ITC fixtures permitting) and I get to spend loads of time on TWTD-who could want anything more?
Does anyone else 'love' what they do for a living? on 17:22 - May 21 with 1991 viewsSwansea_Blue

It would suit me, I hate my job with a passion. I had my ideal job for about 7 years when I left uni and it’s been downhill ever since. I think once you have perfect, it’s very hard to settle for less (I can see why depression is such a problem for retired footballers, for example).

I’m in a decently paid senior-ish management job, so it more than pays the bills but by feck it’s mind numbingly tedious.

7 months off in the states was absolute bliss. I’d happily keep doing that, as there’s not enough time in eternity to do everything I’d like to do or see everything I’d like to see.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024