Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Squires this week, quite magnificent 15:55 - May 21 with 753 viewsIllinoisblue

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/may/21/david-squires-on

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

David Squires this week, quite magnificent on 16:09 - May 21 with 722 viewsSteve_M

The victimhood of some fans of the biggest clubs is quite something, remember that City fan who tried to post on here about how City were discriminated against because they didn't get as much media coverage as he thought they deserved?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

David Squires this week, quite magnificent on 16:32 - May 21 with 688 viewsIllinoisblue

David Squires this week, quite magnificent on 16:09 - May 21 by Steve_M

The victimhood of some fans of the biggest clubs is quite something, remember that City fan who tried to post on here about how City were discriminated against because they didn't get as much media coverage as he thought they deserved?

it's really something. They seem to have attracted a very chippy set of fans. Far removed from the good humoured lot who suffered through Utd's dominance. I've actually grown to strongly dislike Citeh of late. That said, this guy at 4:40 in makes me cry every time. "It's too much."

62 - 78 - 81

David Squires this week, quite magnificent on 16:41 - May 21 with 666 viewsSteve_M

David Squires this week, quite magnificent on 16:32 - May 21 by Illinoisblue

it's really something. They seem to have attracted a very chippy set of fans. Far removed from the good humoured lot who suffered through Utd's dominance. I've actually grown to strongly dislike Citeh of late. That said, this guy at 4:40 in makes me cry every time. "It's too much."

I think it's impossible for a club not to be dominant for a period and not to attract the sort of entitled fans who jump on every bandwagon going. They are fecking tedious though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

David Squires this week, quite magnificent on 16:50 - May 21 with 658 viewsIllinoisblue

David Squires this week, quite magnificent on 16:41 - May 21 by Steve_M

I think it's impossible for a club not to be dominant for a period and not to attract the sort of entitled fans who jump on every bandwagon going. They are fecking tedious though.

true and in a roundabout way, it does underline very strongly the appeal of football, namely that no fans are ever really happy and it's why we all keep coming back for more, chasing glory.

Man City - win domestic treble; failed again in Europe
Liverpool - likely will win 6th European Cup, just 1 defeat in league; failed again in League. 29 years of hurt etc.
Chelsea - could win a European trophy, qualify for champs league; failed badly in league, fans boo their manager
Tottenham - amazing euro season, stunning new stadium; will likely win nothing yet again.

and on and on it goes. Insatiable, never satisfied.

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024