Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... 16:15 - May 21 with 4977 viewsSpruceMoose

...if you're bored and want to get even more bored.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:16 - May 21 with 1821 viewsSpruceMoose

Meet the new deal... same as the old deal.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:18 - May 21 with 1808 viewskeighleyblue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:16 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

Meet the new deal... same as the old deal.

all the country's political action is now happening well away from May's sphere of influence.
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:19 - May 21 with 1798 viewshomer_123

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:18 - May 21 by keighleyblue

all the country's political action is now happening well away from May's sphere of influence.

Like she ever had one.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:27 - May 21 with 1772 viewsSpruceMoose

Christ, she's a dullard.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:28 - May 21 with 1773 viewsitfcjoe

Has she just offered a vote on 2nd referendum as part of the withdrawal bill?! That is what my Sky News alert just said

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:29 - May 21 with 1768 viewsSpruceMoose

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:28 - May 21 by itfcjoe

Has she just offered a vote on 2nd referendum as part of the withdrawal bill?! That is what my Sky News alert just said

May says Brexit bill will include requirement to hold vote on whether or not to have second referendum

Turning to the issue of a second referendum, May says she is opposed. But she recognises that some MPs want one.

May says her Brexit bill will include a requirement to hold a vote on whether or not to have a second referendum.

May says this means, if MPs want a second referendum, they must vote for the bill.

May says, if MPs vote down the bill, they will be voting to reject Brexit.

Some MPs think there will be a no-deal Brexit. But parliament will do everything it can to stop that.

So in practice MPs will be choosing a second referendum or a general election, she says.

May says MPs will be left with second referendum or general election if they vote down her deal.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 16:29]

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:32 - May 21 with 1749 viewsitfcjoe

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:29 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

May says Brexit bill will include requirement to hold vote on whether or not to have second referendum

Turning to the issue of a second referendum, May says she is opposed. But she recognises that some MPs want one.

May says her Brexit bill will include a requirement to hold a vote on whether or not to have a second referendum.

May says this means, if MPs want a second referendum, they must vote for the bill.

Some MPs think there will be a no-deal Brexit. But parliament will do everything it can to stop that.

So in practice MPs will be choosing a second referendum or a general election, she says.

May says MPs will be left with second referendum or general election if they vote down her deal.

Clear as mud.

"May says MPs will be left with second referendum or general election if they vote down her deal."

And also she says that like it is a bad thing - Labour will whip to vote it down as will the LDs, the Green and Change Uk or whatever they are called now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:52 - May 21 with 1708 viewsFtnfwest

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:28 - May 21 by itfcjoe

I thought they’d already voted on that. Wasn’t it one of the many things that got booted out?
Login to get fewer ads

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 17:53 - May 21 with 1632 viewsSpruceMoose

Tory MPs already backing away from May on this one.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:04 - May 21 with 1620 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:29 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

So basically what the remainers were asking for back in Jan/feb.

A second referendum which will be a choice of May’s deal or remain.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:11 - May 21 with 1609 viewsSpruceMoose

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:04 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

Are enough going to vote for it though?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:17 - May 21 with 1603 viewsFootballpete

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:04 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

So the choice is between something nobody wants, or something that will enrage half if the electorate. What a time to be alive.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:21 - May 21 with 1589 viewsgazzer1999

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 16:27 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

Christ, she's a dullard.

Just like someone else I could think of.
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:24 - May 21 with 1581 viewsFootballpete

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:21 - May 21 by gazzer1999

David Cameron?

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:30 - May 21 with 1567 viewsSpruceMoose

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:21 - May 21 by gazzer1999

I doubt you think much at all, Lenny.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:33 - May 21 with 1559 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:17 - May 21 by Footballpete

So the choice is between something nobody wants, or something that will enrage half if the electorate. What a time to be alive.

We can’t stay in limbo forever. Parliament can’t agree on a deal as the round of indicative votes has shown. So put it to the people.

Isn’t that what the remainers have been asking for?

Iron Lion Zion

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:35 - May 21 with 1552 viewsgazzer1999

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:30 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

I doubt you think much at all, Lenny.

Lenny?
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:36 - May 21 with 1552 viewsSpruceMoose

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:33 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

We can’t stay in limbo forever. Parliament can’t agree on a deal as the round of indicative votes has shown. So put it to the people.

I mean, it's a Hail Mary, but would there be an argument for saying 'go for it'? If the country really wants Brexit after having an opportunity to avert it, then let them have it.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 18:56]

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:37 - May 21 with 1541 viewsFootballpete

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:33 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

It is what the remainers want, but only because they think it will return the result they want. The whole thing’s a nightmare. I can’t see that another vote will do other than cement division. Having said that I think leaving is a terrible idea. The situation is thoroughly depressing.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 18:38]

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:40 - May 21 with 1525 viewsSpruceMoose

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:35 - May 21 by gazzer1999

Lenny?

I doubt you read much either.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:42 - May 21 with 1523 viewsSpruceMoose

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:37 - May 21 by Footballpete

It is what the remainers want, but only because they think it will return the result they want. The whole thing’s a nightmare. I can’t see that another vote will do other than cement division. Having said that I think leaving is a terrible idea. The situation is thoroughly depressing.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 18:38]

It would be a confirmation vote on our actual terms of leaving. Not some 'Out Means Out' vague nonsense that gets parroted and twisted to fit whatever agenda people are trying to promote.

It would be a clear and precise choice between two things. If people want to take it, then so be it.

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:54 - May 21 with 1488 viewsgazzer1999

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 18:40 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

I doubt you read much either.

¯_( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)_/¯
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 19:23 - May 21 with 1430 viewsElderGrizzly

But you have to vote her deal through first and that means leaving the EU.

Would you trust her or her successor to allow a second vote that basically reverses her deal? Why not just allow the second vote before her deal is voted on?

All seems a little bit shady to me...
Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 19:35 - May 21 with 1410 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 19:23 - May 21 by ElderGrizzly

But you have to vote her deal through first and that means leaving the EU.

Would you trust her or her successor to allow a second vote that basically reverses her deal? Why not just allow the second vote before her deal is voted on?

All seems a little bit shady to me...

But just a couple of months ago people were demanding a second referendum with May/EU deal as one of the options and remain as another.

2016/17: We respect the result of the referendum but want a close relationship with the EU
2018: We still respect the result of the referendum but the best way to respect that vote is to hold another referendum now we are in possession of all the facts.
2019 (Jan-Apr): We should put May's deal to the country via a second referendum with remain as an option
2019(May-): Actually we don't want a second referendum we want to stop Brexit.

Fine. But why didn't they say that right from the start?

Iron Lion Zion

Another pointless May speech happening at the mo... on 19:46 - May 21 with 1385 viewsKeaneish

If its really close in favour of remain, are those who wanted to leave entitled to protest and force a 3rd referendum to make it fair do we think? This has car crash written all over it and in the mean time the country's problems deepen.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024