Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So we are renaming a bar 16:32 - May 21 with 7064 viewsChiefXL

In honour of a man who battled with alcohol addiction for a large part of his life?
[Post edited 21 May 2019 16:33]
So we are renaming a bar on 16:36 - May 21 with 4842 viewsyesjohn99

Bore off mate
So we are renaming a bar on 16:36 - May 21 with 4818 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The race to be offended has been won by...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So we are renaming a bar on 16:36 - May 21 with 4833 viewschicoazul

I think this is a very fair comment. It does seem a bit odd.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So we are renaming a bar on 16:38 - May 21 with 4822 viewsChiefXL

So we are renaming a bar on 16:36 - May 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

The race to be offended has been won by...

Not offended at all, just seems weirdly inappropriate.
So we are renaming a bar on 16:38 - May 21 with 4787 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So we are renaming a bar on 16:36 - May 21 by chicoazul

I think this is a very fair comment. It does seem a bit odd.

Do you think Beattie would be offended or pleased??

I think he would be pleased.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So we are renaming a bar on 16:39 - May 21 with 4780 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So we are renaming a bar on 16:38 - May 21 by ChiefXL

Not offended at all, just seems weirdly inappropriate.

Nah, I think he would be happy with it.

So we are renaming a bar on 16:39 - May 21 with 4804 viewsIllinoisblue

indeed. No doubt a well intentioned tribute but does seem a little off.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So we are renaming a bar on 16:39 - May 21 with 4804 viewsReuser_is_God

I hope people go in there & get absolutely bolloxed in the name of Kevin Beattie.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

So we are renaming a bar on 16:40 - May 21 with 4768 viewscaught-in-limbo

So we are renaming a bar on 16:38 - May 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Do you think Beattie would be offended or pleased??

I think he would be pleased.

I think Alan Brazil would be more pleased if it was named after him.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So we are renaming a bar on 16:43 - May 21 with 4749 viewsballycastle

So we are renaming a bar on 16:40 - May 21 by caught-in-limbo

I think Alan Brazil would be more pleased if it was named after him.

It would be fitting if the staff only turned up occasionally to the Alan Brazil Bar.
So we are renaming a bar on 16:50 - May 21 with 4682 viewsFtnfwest

Guess it was either that or the treatment room...Can’t imagine him being too upset about it
So we are renaming a bar on 17:06 - May 21 with 4576 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

As someone who was lucky enough to be mates with Beat, going back years to when he ran The Waveney and who knew him before, during and after his struggles, he would have been thrilled to be honoured in such a way.

You don't think the club would have consulted Maggie either to check that she would have been on-board with it? Or his girls?

In his own words he'd have been proud as punch. I can 100% guarantee you that and I am pretty sure anyone who knew him well enough (bound to be plenty of us on here) would say the exact same thing.

Ask Phil. Ask Mark Murphy. Ask any of his former team mates. They will all tell you the same. If he knew there was going to be a statue of him he'd have cried like a baby.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 17:10]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

What I find odd is that.... on 17:08 - May 21 with 4539 viewsBloots

….the club describe it as a "Hospitality Suite".

It isn't.

Maybe they shared your (unfounded) concern.

Meh.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

So we are renaming a bar on 17:15 - May 21 with 4464 viewschicoazul

So we are renaming a bar on 17:06 - May 21 by WarkTheWarkITFC

As someone who was lucky enough to be mates with Beat, going back years to when he ran The Waveney and who knew him before, during and after his struggles, he would have been thrilled to be honoured in such a way.

You don't think the club would have consulted Maggie either to check that she would have been on-board with it? Or his girls?

In his own words he'd have been proud as punch. I can 100% guarantee you that and I am pretty sure anyone who knew him well enough (bound to be plenty of us on here) would say the exact same thing.

Ask Phil. Ask Mark Murphy. Ask any of his former team mates. They will all tell you the same. If he knew there was going to be a statue of him he'd have cried like a baby.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 17:10]

I am sure this is all true. That doesn't change the fact that naming a bar after a man who struggled a great deal with alcohol for pretty much his whole life is odd.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So we are renaming a bar on 17:21 - May 21 with 4419 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

So we are renaming a bar on 17:15 - May 21 by chicoazul

I am sure this is all true. That doesn't change the fact that naming a bar after a man who struggled a great deal with alcohol for pretty much his whole life is odd.

It's only an issue if the person involved, or their loved ones in the event of their death have any problem with it.

I know he'd have seen the humour in it and found it amusing.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

So we are renaming a bar on 17:29 - May 21 with 4372 viewsTractorCam

So we are renaming a bar on 17:15 - May 21 by chicoazul

What's odd is getting offended by something relating to someone that in which that person wouldn't be offended themselves.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So we are renaming a bar on 17:33 - May 21 with 4336 viewschicoazul

So we are renaming a bar on 17:29 - May 21 by TractorCam

What's odd is getting offended by something relating to someone that in which that person wouldn't be offended themselves.

Well if you're asking me specifically if I am offended then I have to tell you I am not offended in the slightest despite your strange assumption. I think it's weird, a strange decision, and in that I agree with the OP.

So we are renaming a bar on 17:35 - May 21 with 4310 viewsTractorCam

So we are renaming a bar on 17:33 - May 21 by chicoazul

Well if you're asking me specifically if I am offended then I have to tell you I am not offended in the slightest despite your strange assumption. I think it's weird, a strange decision, and in that I agree with the OP.

The OP is clearly offended.

So we are renaming a bar on 17:37 - May 21 with 4293 viewsSpruceMoose

So we are renaming a bar on 17:35 - May 21 by TractorCam

You just want him to be. OP asks a question. Nothing offended about it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So we are renaming a bar on 17:38 - May 21 with 4286 viewschicoazul

So we are renaming a bar on 17:35 - May 21 by TractorCam

Since he has already said he is *not* offended, why dont you tell us more secrets you know about him?

So we are renaming a bar on 17:40 - May 21 with 4268 viewsTractorCam

So we are renaming a bar on 17:37 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

You just want him to be. OP asks a question. Nothing offended about it.

Fair enough, each to their own and all that. I know the Beat would be happy to have this honour as mentioned in the comments.

So we are renaming a bar on 17:41 - May 21 with 4260 viewsSpruceMoose

So we are renaming a bar on 17:38 - May 21 by chicoazul

Since he has already said he is *not* offended, why dont you tell us more secrets you know about him?

'Being offended' is the new label people like to chuck around. Implication being that you're a flouncing wimp. Only really works if the poster being targeted has acted in an offended manner though...
[Post edited 21 May 2019 17:48]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So we are renaming a bar on 17:44 - May 21 with 4241 viewschicoazul

So we are renaming a bar on 17:41 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

'Being offended' is the new label people like to chuck around. Implication being that you're a flouncing wimp. Only really works if the poster being targeted has acted in an offended manner though...

Having known ChiefXL on here for many years, going back to the Royle Wars, the Pablo Debate, the Burley Extinction Event, if there is one thing he certainly is not, it's a flouncing wimp. He is making a perfectly good point IMVHO. Youre absolutely right.

So we are renaming a bar on 17:45 - May 21 with 4229 viewsjeera

So we are renaming a bar on 17:40 - May 21 by TractorCam

Fair enough, each to their own and all that. I know the Beat would be happy to have this honour as mentioned in the comments.

Then that would be a more appropriate reply.

There we go - everyone's happy.

It was a reasonable point to bring up by the OP, but yes, as others have said, you'd assume his nearest and dearest would have been consulted first.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So we are renaming a bar on 17:48 - May 21 with 4203 viewsSpruceMoose

So we are renaming a bar on 17:44 - May 21 by chicoazul

Having known ChiefXL on here for many years, going back to the Royle Wars, the Pablo Debate, the Burley Extinction Event, if there is one thing he certainly is not, it's a flouncing wimp. He is making a perfectly good point IMVHO. Youre absolutely right.

Can't recall a single instance of ChiefXL flouncing it up. I make you right. If anyone is offended here it was the bloke who was chucking the accusation around. As ever, projection is ruled the root cause.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024