Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? 09:50 - May 22 with 3947 viewsitfcpaul

Hoped it would be sorted ASAP to get one through the door so early

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 09:57 - May 22 with 3921 viewsIpswichKnight

EADT were under the impression that we've agreed a deal with Gillingham and now it's down to personal terms they did seem to think it wouldn't be sorted until late this week at the earliest.
Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:02 - May 22 with 3900 viewsKieran_Knows

Listening to the EADT podcast yesterday, it sounds as if we have offered him a deal and it’s down to him to now accept the offer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:03 - May 22 with 3889 viewsitfcpaul

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 09:57 - May 22 by IpswichKnight

EADT were under the impression that we've agreed a deal with Gillingham and now it's down to personal terms they did seem to think it wouldn't be sorted until late this week at the earliest.

Wouldn't have thought wage negotiations would have been too hard coming from Gillingham!!

Will he be out new first choice keeper?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:09 - May 22 with 3846 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:03 - May 22 by itfcpaul

Wouldn't have thought wage negotiations would have been too hard coming from Gillingham!!

Hopefully Holy and Norwood will be in come June 1st.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:13 - May 22 with 3817 viewsitfcpaul

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:09 - May 22 by ShropshireBluenago09

So realisticly how many new players do you think we will have and are there any runours apart from Holy and Norwood?

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:26 - May 22 with 3725 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:13 - May 22 by itfcpaul

So realisticly how many new players do you think we will have and are there any runours apart from Holy and Norwood?

These two only i would guess.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:27 - May 22 with 3716 viewsKieran_Knows

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:03 - May 22 by itfcpaul

He’s out of contract so no negotiations with Gillingham needed.

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:28 - May 22 with 3710 viewsitfcpaul

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:27 - May 22 by Kieran_Knows

Sorry I meant the wages we offered would be more than Gillingham so shouldn't be a problem

Login to get fewer ads

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:35 - May 22 with 3687 viewsPhilTWTD

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 09:57 - May 22 by IpswichKnight

Out of contract, so no deal to agree with Gills. Other keepers - Matt Ingram from QPR and Christy Pym at Exeter, probably others - have also been spoken to along similar lines - we could, of course, require two keepers - but seems to be the favourite at the minute.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:48 - May 22 with 3622 viewskizaitfc

My worry would be the big clubs that have been eyeing him over the past 2 seasons.

At one point I saw he was linked with Arsenal, but surely that was paper talk?

Hopefully we get it in early before someone else jumps in.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 12:12 - May 22 with 3420 viewsmonty_radio

I heard that "getting him through the door WAS the problem".

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 12:12 - May 22 with 3419 viewsBlue_Moses

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:27 - May 22 by Kieran_Knows

Gillingham offered him a new contract on Monday according to my Gills supporting work colleague
Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 13:19 - May 22 with 3243 viewsWhymarkmariner

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:09 - May 22 by ShropshireBluenago09

Beginning to sound like the "Great British Bake Off " me thinks ?
Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 13:20 - May 22 with 3232 viewsfactual_blue

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 12:12 - May 22 by monty_radio

I heard that "getting him through the door WAS the problem".

I worked with somebody for a while who was the same height. He was senior enough to be able to insist the door of office was heightened.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 13:29 - May 22 with 3177 viewsPJH

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 13:20 - May 22 by factual_blue

I worked with somebody for a while who was the same height. He was senior enough to be able to insist the door of office was heightened.

Was he a tallboy or just a wardrobe?
Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 13:38 - May 22 with 3144 viewshatch

Reminds me of a chant my Polish mate used to sing at uni:

#Ohhhhh Artur Boruc,
The Holy Goalie,
He hates the huns!!

He blessed himself at Ibrox and the Huns went off their nut,
he's off his fecking rocker and sings:
GOD BLESS THE POPE#

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 14:07 - May 22 with 3055 viewsclive_baker

If he does, would that be the strongest signal yet that Bart is free to move on?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 14:15 - May 22 with 3029 viewsitfcjoe

How does he deal with crosses?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 14:42 - May 22 with 2963 viewsActionMan

I just looked up his record this season... conceded 74 in a side that finished 13th. That's roughly half the goals the promoted sides let in. That's pretty poor, with Bart and Gerks leaving, for all their faults were reasonable keepers this isn't filling me with much confidence. We need players to come in who can play in the Championship if we are hoping to get promoted and sustain ourselves at that level again.

If we're going to do League One on the cheap the way we've done Championship on the cheap then we are playing with fire.
Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 14:45 - May 22 with 2952 viewskizaitfc

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 14:42 - May 22 by ActionMan

I just looked up his record this season... conceded 74 in a side that finished 13th. That's roughly half the goals the promoted sides let in. That's pretty poor, with Bart and Gerks leaving, for all their faults were reasonable keepers this isn't filling me with much confidence. We need players to come in who can play in the Championship if we are hoping to get promoted and sustain ourselves at that level again.

If we're going to do League One on the cheap the way we've done Championship on the cheap then we are playing with fire.

Because all goals are the keepers fault???

Pickford let in a load of goals for Sunderland the year they came down - therefore he is an awful goalkeeper.

If you look at the sides that were interested in him last season you will see this is a cracking buy if we can get him.

His height alone helps with our biggest weakness which is defending set pieces.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 15:09 - May 22 with 2878 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 14:42 - May 22 by ActionMan

And Phil Foden scored more goals than De Bruyne last year.

I’m guessing he’s better?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 17:14 - May 22 with 2720 viewsmonty_radio

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 13:20 - May 22 by factual_blue

Although if Holy insisted on the same courtesies with the goal frame that would probably throw into question the sanity of signing him.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 20:32 - May 22 with 2562 viewsKieran_Knows

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 10:35 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Out of contract, so no deal to agree with Gills. Other keepers - Matt Ingram from QPR and Christy Pym at Exeter, probably others - have also been spoken to along similar lines - we could, of course, require two keepers - but seems to be the favourite at the minute.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Would Ingram be a permanent signing Phil, given he is still under contract with QPR? Small fee or a years loan maybe? (If it is him PL decides to sign)

Do we think Holy The Goalie will sign? on 20:35 - May 22 with 2544 viewspointofblue

I can't help but think the news hit The Mirror from Holy's agent to try and get him a better deal - getting his name out there and see who bites. Probably the same with Norwood; I think that made the national press?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024