Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 12:39 - May 22 with 16835 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

He was asked about the sacking of his mate Chris Hughton and immediately turned it to ANOTHER dig at us.

‘Well they wanted a change just like they did at Ipswich. That went well’.

As I said before he’s just eroding the memory of the good stuff he did here by constantly acting like a bitter child.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:08 - May 22 with 1866 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:06 - May 22 by Keaneish

Don't think you quite have your finger on the pulse of other Towen fans do you plant eater? The sad indictment is League 1 is far more appealing than having him at this club. People get their "knickers in a twist", (i for one do not wear knickers but each to their own), when MM uses any opportunity to have a jibe about us because he's a very bitter and twisted egomaniac who loathes the fact he's not held in high regard here and he feels its unjust. He's not right, he's irrelevant but likes to think he's right as has always been his way.

I think deep down you lot love the drama.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:13 - May 22 with 1863 viewsHerbivore

Don't think you quite have your finger on the pulse of other Towen fans do you plant eater? The sad indictment is League 1 is far more appealing than having him at this club. People get their "knickers in a twist", (i for one do not wear knickers but each to their own), when MM uses any opportunity to have a jibe about us because he's a very bitter and twisted egomaniac who loathes the fact he's not held in high regard here and he feels its unjust. He's not right, he's irrelevant but likes to think he's right as has always been his way.

He's having a dig at the numbskulls. I have no issue with that, in fact it's quite entertaining seeing them get themselves into a lather over it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:26 - May 22 with 1844 viewsRyorry

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 15:48 - May 22 by MattinLondon

To be fair to Mick he has every reason to take a sly dig at the people who hounded him out - not the people who simply wanted him to go and remained civil but towards the people who were abusing him and wouldn’t let him finish the season.

The problems are that

1. His comments do come across as aimed at *all* of us, even those who never chanted anything at him except "give us a wave".

2. His serially repeating them is obviously increasingly rebounding on him (see those on this thread who say they *used* to respect him but not any more).

3. He is supposed to be a professional and able to rise above the chanting - we're just fans, and fans being critical and/or wanting managers to leave goes with the territory - so if managers can't stand the heat ... etc. And yes I know *some* of the chanting by *some* fans was utterly shameful - but the way for him to have dealt with that would have been to issue a written statement saying how deplorable it was, how angry/sad etc he felt - and to have maintained a dignified silence thereafter. That would have gained him my respect (not that he cares about that I'm sure).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:30 - May 22 with 1832 viewsgiant_stow

I'd say there's a decent chance that he's laughing and pointing at this thread right now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:36 - May 22 with 1814 viewsHerbivore

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:30 - May 22 by giant_stow

I'd say there's a decent chance that he's laughing and pointing at this thread right now.

Mick is blueas.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:40 - May 22 with 1811 viewsitfcjoe

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 15:46 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Far from that, I think it shows how irked he remains about his departure from here. He's not one to move on from an argument, whether here, at other clubs or wherever. Similar points relating to old battles were continually made in press conferences here, often with a Partridge-esque 'naturally I had the last laugh' along the lines of today's comment.

A Yorkshireman is never wrong in their own head

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 17:13 - May 22 with 1760 viewsGirthyguy

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:35 - May 22 by ActionMan

He took us within 4 points of the drop in 2017, he's either relegated every team he's managed or the teams been relegated immediately after he's left, Wolves being relegated twice on the bounce after his departure.

That's his legacy.

Won no major trophy, no sustained top flight management, never even broke into the top 10 of English football with any team he's managed.

He's not as good as he thinks he is.

Exactly this. His great new side only managed to beat Gibraltar 0-1 aswell. ROI are welcome to him.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:08 - May 22 with 1708 viewsJ4ck22

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:26 - May 22 by Ryorry

The problems are that

1. His comments do come across as aimed at *all* of us, even those who never chanted anything at him except "give us a wave".

2. His serially repeating them is obviously increasingly rebounding on him (see those on this thread who say they *used* to respect him but not any more).

3. He is supposed to be a professional and able to rise above the chanting - we're just fans, and fans being critical and/or wanting managers to leave goes with the territory - so if managers can't stand the heat ... etc. And yes I know *some* of the chanting by *some* fans was utterly shameful - but the way for him to have dealt with that would have been to issue a written statement saying how deplorable it was, how angry/sad etc he felt - and to have maintained a dignified silence thereafter. That would have gained him my respect (not that he cares about that I'm sure).

1. I don't know why anyone who didn't throw abuse at him would feel like it's aimed at them unless they felt somewhat guilty. I certainly don't feel like he's aiming it at me.

2. Well he's hardly going to care about our respect now.

3. Why is he the one expected to rise above it and the fans are given a free pass? They're all grown adults, being just fans isn't an excuse. I find it weird that people who were so keen to give it to him are also shocked that he gives it back. He shouldn't have to stay silent.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:26 - May 22 with 1689 viewsRyorry

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:08 - May 22 by J4ck22

1. I don't know why anyone who didn't throw abuse at him would feel like it's aimed at them unless they felt somewhat guilty. I certainly don't feel like he's aiming it at me.

2. Well he's hardly going to care about our respect now.

3. Why is he the one expected to rise above it and the fans are given a free pass? They're all grown adults, being just fans isn't an excuse. I find it weird that people who were so keen to give it to him are also shocked that he gives it back. He shouldn't have to stay silent.

1. Because he continually makes the sweeping generalisation "Ipswich", not "a certain small proportion of Ipswich fans". And I've never taken kindly to being accused of, and insulted for, something I didn't actually do.

2. Don't think he ever has tbh - eg "the more they call for a player to be picked, the less likely I am to pick him" (or words to that effect).

3. Because he's *supposed* to be professional, we're not (in that football context).

Really dont know what you find it so hard to grasp about all of that.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:28 - May 22 with 1685 viewsRyorry

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:30 - May 22 by giant_stow

If he is, then that's pretty sad. For him.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:30 - May 22 with 1691 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 15:50 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

I just find it all hysterical. Grown blokes acting like high school kids.

You'd think experienced managers would have thicker skins, but it's amazing how fragile their egos are.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:33 - May 22 with 1679 viewsJ4ck22

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:26 - May 22 by Ryorry

1. Because he continually makes the sweeping generalisation "Ipswich", not "a certain small proportion of Ipswich fans". And I've never taken kindly to being accused of, and insulted for, something I didn't actually do.

2. Don't think he ever has tbh - eg "the more they call for a player to be picked, the less likely I am to pick him" (or words to that effect).

3. Because he's *supposed* to be professional, we're not (in that football context).

Really dont know what you find it so hard to grasp about all of that.

I understand what you're saying, I just totally disagree.

It's plainly obvious that he's aiming at those who made his time here difficult, so if you can't separate yourself from that then it's more your issue. It shouldn't matter that he's the professional, we're all still human beings but for some reason we hold him to much higher standards and also for some reason means we can abuse managers and they can't say anything back. Sounds hypocritical to me.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:39 - May 22 with 1674 viewsTrequartista

What a piece of work he is.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:44 - May 22 with 1669 viewsPJH

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:30 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

You'd think experienced managers would have thicker skins, but it's amazing how fragile their egos are.

Not sure it is about MM's ego but you know the man and I don't but beyond being an experienced manager he is also a human being.
I fully understand him being very very hurt by the way that he was treated by some "supporters"-I was very hurt for him just by being in the same ground as those people, along with being ashamed to be in the same ground as those people.

The only thing that I have and will fault MM for is for being too general in his references both when he was still here and since he left.

All he is pointing out is the fact that ITFC were a Championship team when he was here and now that he is no longer here they are not.
I know that it is not just because MM is no longer here that this has happened but I very much believe that if he was still here it would not have happened.

My feelings about how he was treated by some has not changed over the last 12 months so I very much understand if his feelings now are much the same as they were then.

Looking forward to someone starting another boring thread the next time that MM makes what they consider to be a boring statement of the truth.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:52 - May 22 with 1657 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 13:07 - May 22 by Reuser_is_God

No he's not.

The decision to part ways with Mick was 100% correct, the fact that subsequent decisions were wrong doesn't also make that one wrong.
[Post edited 22 May 2019 14:51]

So it did actually go well then?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:53 - May 22 with 1655 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Genuinely astonishing that you continue to maintain being relegated as one of the worst clubs in Championship history is an improvement on where we were 😂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 20:03 - May 22 with 1649 viewsPJH

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:53 - May 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Genuinely astonishing that you continue to maintain being relegated as one of the worst clubs in Championship history is an improvement on where we were 😂

That might go along with the entertainment rather than results line of thinking which I also cannot get my head around.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 20:11 - May 22 with 1641 viewsCoco

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 16:13 - May 22 by Herbivore

He's having a dig at the numbskulls. I have no issue with that, in fact it's quite entertaining seeing them get themselves into a lather over it.

But he isn’t. He is simply using the clubs plight to boost his ego. He has little respect for itfc. Shame.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 20:19 - May 22 with 1632 viewspointofblue

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:53 - May 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I do think this says it all about the relationship between Mick and the fans though - by the time he left so many bridges had been burned that it was the case that ANYTHING would be seen as better, including the horrific wasteland that was last season. And I do sort of understand it; I cannot feasibly explain why but I looked forward to games at Portman Road last season far more than the previous two seasons - part of that is perhaps down to the toxic atmosphere which was steadily increasing from 2017 onwards completely disappearing after Mick left.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 20:27 - May 22 with 1622 viewsartsbossbeard

Hahaha! He's done you lot again.

What a fisherman!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:04 - May 22 with 1571 viewssundaze

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 20:27 - May 22 by artsbossbeard

Hahaha! He's done you lot again.

What a fisherman!

I've never posted on a "MM" said this or said that thread before.
You are correct, he is a great fisherman, not only does he get some of the supporters upset with his digs at the club, he also brings out some of the other supporters who also find it impossible to keep away and end up getting just as wound up by it, albeit for opposite reasons.

I can't recall any other Ipswich manager splitting opinion as MM has managed, I wonder if it will ever change.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:09 - May 22 with 1560 viewsOxford_Blue

Given the abuse he got here, much of which was appalling, why isn’t he entitled to have his say, particularly now he has left the club?
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:25 - May 22 with 1539 viewsReuser_is_God

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:52 - May 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So it did actually go well then?

No, but us parting ways was the correct thing to do.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:28 - May 22 with 1536 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:33 - May 22 by J4ck22

I understand what you're saying, I just totally disagree.

It's plainly obvious that he's aiming at those who made his time here difficult, so if you can't separate yourself from that then it's more your issue. It shouldn't matter that he's the professional, we're all still human beings but for some reason we hold him to much higher standards and also for some reason means we can abuse managers and they can't say anything back. Sounds hypocritical to me.

Well said.

I understand why he wants to have a dig. It's fair enough.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:32 - May 22 with 1523 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 20:11 - May 22 by Coco

But he isn’t. He is simply using the clubs plight to boost his ego. He has little respect for itfc. Shame.

No, I think he had a lot of respect for ITFC and most fans. More than the fans who were giving him and players abuse at any rate.

What he really needed was Blue Action to have started the year before, which I think was the original plan. This season actually might have been uglier than last but for them.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024