Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 12:39 - May 22 with 16839 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

He was asked about the sacking of his mate Chris Hughton and immediately turned it to ANOTHER dig at us.

‘Well they wanted a change just like they did at Ipswich. That went well’.

As I said before he’s just eroding the memory of the good stuff he did here by constantly acting like a bitter child.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:34 - May 22 with 1371 viewspointofblue

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:28 - May 22 by Darth_Koont

Well said.

I understand why he wants to have a dig. It's fair enough.

A dig yes - but Mick has had more digs than Scoop from Bob the Builder.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:46 - May 22 with 1350 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:34 - May 22 by pointofblue

A dig yes - but Mick has had more digs than Scoop from Bob the Builder.

Well, he's going to make the most out of it while we're still falling. He just has to say "like Ipswich" and it's a dig that gets sharper and sharper as time goes on.

But I don't feel it because I wasn't involved.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:55 - May 22 with 1339 viewspointofblue

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:46 - May 22 by Darth_Koont

Well, he's going to make the most out of it while we're still falling. He just has to say "like Ipswich" and it's a dig that gets sharper and sharper as time goes on.

But I don't feel it because I wasn't involved.

I wasn't either but the issue for me is Mick isn't 100% right - it was time for him to go because both him and a section of the fanbase threw their toys out of the pram rather than acted like adults. Him leaving isn't the problem; it's how we replaced him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 22:00 - May 22 with 1333 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:55 - May 22 by pointofblue

I wasn't either but the issue for me is Mick isn't 100% right - it was time for him to go because both him and a section of the fanbase threw their toys out of the pram rather than acted like adults. Him leaving isn't the problem; it's how we replaced him.

Well, I agree on the whole that it was time.

But it's also fair to say he wasn't given much credit for the job he did do under very trying circumstances and then when a section took that way too far, I can't really blame him for getting shirty.

It's also a huge shame that he wasn't allowed to manage us for the remainder of the season without the atmosphere getting even worse. That was particularly classless from some fans and one of my lowest points as an Ipswich fan.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 22:21 - May 22 with 1307 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:53 - May 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Genuinely astonishing that you continue to maintain being relegated as one of the worst clubs in Championship history is an improvement on where we were 😂

Again, I never said it was an improvement, I intimated that it was a much better proposition than being an MM side, which the majority agree with. What I find astonishing is your inability to read a post or in-between the lines of a post and understand it properly.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 22:30 - May 22 with 1297 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 20:19 - May 22 by pointofblue

I do think this says it all about the relationship between Mick and the fans though - by the time he left so many bridges had been burned that it was the case that ANYTHING would be seen as better, including the horrific wasteland that was last season. And I do sort of understand it; I cannot feasibly explain why but I looked forward to games at Portman Road last season far more than the previous two seasons - part of that is perhaps down to the toxic atmosphere which was steadily increasing from 2017 onwards completely disappearing after Mick left.

Agreed. What I find incredible is that so many folk on here distance themselves from the abuse MM threw back at "numbskulls'. MM's lack of professionalism and verbals to Town fans is a retaliation against us all in my view as we're a collective group. Here in lies the deep rooted problem though - the division that MM created.

No-one condones the abuse on either side, they're both at fault but MM gets a free pass from some on here for some reason. Bizarre.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 22:55 - May 22 with 1274 viewsRyorry

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 20:03 - May 22 by PJH

That might go along with the entertainment rather than results line of thinking which I also cannot get my head around.

I guess you & I will never agree on this, but as you go to pretty much every game & I go to very, very few, I'm sure you're entitled to hold the view that you do!

To try and explain my position I can only use an analogy. With MM in charge, going by numerous reports on here from very many people & just the occasional game I saw, watching Mick's teams was like living in a communist state where you were safe in that your head was kept above water, but you lived in a grey apartment full of utilitarian grey furniture, ate grey mince for every meal, in a grey tower block, went to work every day on a grey tram to a grey office, and where your "entertainment" was watching a thoroughly dull, predictable party political broadcast.

Paul Lambert's tenure on the other hand, feels like living in the Lowry painting 'The Pond' - a riskier but much more colourful & interesting life! One of the reasons we love going to football is for the *excitement* and entertainment isn't it?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 23:55 - May 22 with 1235 viewsOsborneOneNil

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 14:55 - May 22 by Herbivore

He also took Wolves and Sunderland up and got us and Millwall into the play off places. He took Ireland to the knockout stages of the World Cup. That's also his legacy.

You absolutely adore Mick, don’t you.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:41 - May 23 with 1175 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 22:21 - May 22 by Keaneish

Again, I never said it was an improvement, I intimated that it was a much better proposition than being an MM side, which the majority agree with. What I find astonishing is your inability to read a post or in-between the lines of a post and understand it properly.

If it’s a much better proposition then you’re saying it’s an improvement - there isn’t any difference

Quite how being a League One side under Paul ‘6 wins in the last 2 years as a manager but I LOVE the fans’ Lambert is preferable to still being a Championship side under Mick McCarthy is beyond me. Bizarre

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:41 - May 23 with 1175 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 21:25 - May 22 by Reuser_is_God

No, but us parting ways was the correct thing to do.

So he was right then, it didn’t go well

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:44 - May 23 with 1169 viewsBlueNode

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:41 - May 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So he was right then, it didn’t go well

Logs on....
Notices new 5 page thread on really interesting subject....
Rolls eyes....
Logs Off..........

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:50 - May 23 with 1161 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:41 - May 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If it’s a much better proposition then you’re saying it’s an improvement - there isn’t any difference

Quite how being a League One side under Paul ‘6 wins in the last 2 years as a manager but I LOVE the fans’ Lambert is preferable to still being a Championship side under Mick McCarthy is beyond me. Bizarre

It's really not. You're creating your own argument. Dropping downs division is clearly worse but the proposition of playing League One football under PL than watching dreary midtable mediocrity under an egomaniac is a far better proposition which a lot of us have bought in to. It's not better in terms of stature but it's far more appealing. There's a big difference.

Two camps here and given the upturn in positivity and atmosphere under PL vs the toxic one MM created, I'm glad I'm in the former regardless of status - it's no badge of honour being a meaningless mid table Championship survivor.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 6:55]

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:58 - May 23 with 1149 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:50 - May 23 by Keaneish

It's really not. You're creating your own argument. Dropping downs division is clearly worse but the proposition of playing League One football under PL than watching dreary midtable mediocrity under an egomaniac is a far better proposition which a lot of us have bought in to. It's not better in terms of stature but it's far more appealing. There's a big difference.

Two camps here and given the upturn in positivity and atmosphere under PL vs the toxic one MM created, I'm glad I'm in the former regardless of status - it's no badge of honour being a meaningless mid table Championship survivor.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 6:55]

I don’t see how something can be a better proposition and more appealing but not seen as an improvement, that doesn’t make sense. But ignoring semantics, the point is still laughable for me, but keep on persuading yourself that this is somehow better if you wish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 07:12 - May 23 with 1136 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 06:58 - May 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t see how something can be a better proposition and more appealing but not seen as an improvement, that doesn’t make sense. But ignoring semantics, the point is still laughable for me, but keep on persuading yourself that this is somehow better if you wish

A proposition is a statement or judgement based on opinion so it can easily be more appealing as it's based on opinion. I don't need to persuade myself of anything, I'm genuinely glad to be out of the Championship for a bit and looking forward to a whole host of new grounds at a different level as are huge swathes of us. Anyone fixated with the Championship or flying the MM flag still symptomises some of the problems we had at this club for such a long time. Whether in League One or not, there's now a huge upturn in positivity and momentum - if you find that laughable then have a look in the mirror fella because it's infinitely more appealing anticipating the outcome of this then it is trudging to PR to watch MM strangle the life out of the word entertainment.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 07:24 - May 23 with 1113 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 07:12 - May 23 by Keaneish

A proposition is a statement or judgement based on opinion so it can easily be more appealing as it's based on opinion. I don't need to persuade myself of anything, I'm genuinely glad to be out of the Championship for a bit and looking forward to a whole host of new grounds at a different level as are huge swathes of us. Anyone fixated with the Championship or flying the MM flag still symptomises some of the problems we had at this club for such a long time. Whether in League One or not, there's now a huge upturn in positivity and momentum - if you find that laughable then have a look in the mirror fella because it's infinitely more appealing anticipating the outcome of this then it is trudging to PR to watch MM strangle the life out of the word entertainment.

‘Genuinely glad to be out of the Championship’

FFS

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 07:48 - May 23 with 1093 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 07:24 - May 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Genuinely glad to be out of the Championship’

FFS

Because what? You think we were ever going to reach the Prem the way the club was being run in the Championship? Wake up. This is exactly the jolt this club needed. We were sleep walking. Now everyone appears to be awake at last apart from the likes of posters like you, it would seem.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 08:06 - May 23 with 1073 viewsHerbivore

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 23:55 - May 22 by OsborneOneNil

You absolutely adore Mick, don’t you.

No, I couldn't really care less about him now he's gone to be honest. I just dislike wilful dishonesty so will call it out when I see it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 08:08 - May 23 with 1070 viewsHerbivore

How would you know, you didn't go to games when MM was here. I like your moralising about what a fan should be now though, with not a hint of irony or self-awareness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 08:54 - May 23 with 1038 viewsOsborneOneNil

Spot on.

Also, people who rubbish the claims that some are happier now despite relegation appear to miss the fact that we are in the early days post MM. What if we play great this year, go up, then compete at the higher end of the Championship next year? That will undoubtably prove that the move to get rid of MM and the incredibly dull football he produced, certainly in the last 2 years, was the right one. What will the MM brigade say then?

My mate split from his wife, her decision. He was devastated, hit rock bottom, went into the Priory. 18 months later he’s recovered, he’s happy, and the end of the world event now seems like the best thing that could have happened.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 08:55 - May 23 with 1036 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 08:08 - May 23 by Herbivore

How would you know, you didn't go to games when MM was here. I like your moralising about what a fan should be now though, with not a hint of irony or self-awareness.

A sweeping generalisation as ever. I went to plenty of games under MM but decided to take a stance in the last season and not attend any more. A world of difference.

Back in the garden Herbs, back in the garden.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 09:37 - May 23 with 993 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 07:48 - May 23 by Keaneish

Because what? You think we were ever going to reach the Prem the way the club was being run in the Championship? Wake up. This is exactly the jolt this club needed. We were sleep walking. Now everyone appears to be awake at last apart from the likes of posters like you, it would seem.

Can I be added to this sleeping list too, please?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 09:46 - May 23 with 983 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 19:44 - May 22 by PJH

Not sure it is about MM's ego but you know the man and I don't but beyond being an experienced manager he is also a human being.
I fully understand him being very very hurt by the way that he was treated by some "supporters"-I was very hurt for him just by being in the same ground as those people, along with being ashamed to be in the same ground as those people.

The only thing that I have and will fault MM for is for being too general in his references both when he was still here and since he left.

All he is pointing out is the fact that ITFC were a Championship team when he was here and now that he is no longer here they are not.
I know that it is not just because MM is no longer here that this has happened but I very much believe that if he was still here it would not have happened.

My feelings about how he was treated by some has not changed over the last 12 months so I very much understand if his feelings now are much the same as they were then.

Looking forward to someone starting another boring thread the next time that MM makes what they consider to be a boring statement of the truth.

Wasn't just referring to him but some other managers similarly affected by criticism, although I agree Mick got some over the top stick. Similarly, from my perspective, he wasn't particularly pleasant to deal with a lot of the time.
Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 09:50 - May 23 with 964 viewsKeaneish

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 09:37 - May 23 by artsbossbeard

Can I be added to this sleeping list too, please?

It was a given two years ago.

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 09:56 - May 23 with 954 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 09:50 - May 23 by Keaneish

It was a given two years ago.

Ah, the good old days...Championship football at home every other Saturday.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick unable to help himself - Part 328 on 10:01 - May 23 with 940 viewsGriller

From the outside looking in MM's biggest problem was the fact that at no point did he ever believe that the fans had the power to get him out which makes his departure all the more painful to him. Undoubtedly he will learn from the experience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024