Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two years ago tonight the Manchester arena was bombed 17:48 - May 22 with 539 viewsMullet

We lost 22 people, some just small kids. All just going to see a pop star.

The city was weirdly quiet the day after and I still remember the drive to work, and wait for the kids who went from our place to be accounted for. But it brought out some of the best of people here and in Britain.

I know it's not been forgotten, but current politics and the gutter it's in, seems to have diminished some of the focus and remembrance. I do wonder if the event changed much at all, or if it just added to a current of hatred and paranoia now even more prominent.

Certainly the drive to unite and celebrations that came from that were very special. Given how the country has spiralled into political, cultural and media-driven division since, I think this moment is worth revisiting.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Two years ago tonight the Manchester arena was bombed on 17:52 - May 22 with 518 viewsSteve_M

The coverage of the memorial today seems to have reflected the same quiet dignity with which Manchester reacted to the atrocity.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Two years ago tonight the Manchester arena was bombed on 17:58 - May 22 with 501 viewschristiand

Well said Mullet. Incredible to think that it was two years ago. Although innocent lives were lost that night, never to be forgotten!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024