Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Hyam’s annoying 21:35 - May 22 with 6044 viewsclive_baker

Liking these MM posts on twitter. Look at Mick’s press conference, ‘It’s so true’. No it’s really not, attendances were falling off a cliff and our supporters had become completely disillusioned with the sh1t we were being served up each week, parking the bus at home to Burton. Give me L1 under Lambert ahead of the Championship in McCarthy’s last 2 years any day of the week, genuinely. As for Hyam, that fraud robbed a living for too long under Mick so I can see why he’s loyal to him. Not even a good footballer on the rare occasion he is fit. Sh1t hair cut and walks like he’s carrying 2 rolls of carpet.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 08:46 - May 23 with 1641 viewsHerbivore

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 07:22 - May 23 by Keaneish

Why do you feel the need to justify what other fans think? We don't like MM. Originally we hated his football and now a lot of us genuinely don't like the man. No one thought getting rid of MM would yield immediate benefits but we were delighted to see him go and roll the dice to embrace change no matter whether positive or negative and more power to it.

Now we have a mixture of a huge upturn in positivity but in a different league. Get it wrong? It was completely right to get rid of him. Anyone thinking otherwise has easily forgotten how perverse it became under MM. So what if we're not in the Championship, we were going nowhere. Let's use League One as a springboard. No doubt it's a crucial season but far more Interesting already than any preseason MM served.

I like how you've appointed yourself as the voice of the fans now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 08:52 - May 23 with 1633 viewsKeaneish

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 08:46 - May 23 by Herbivore

I like how you've appointed yourself as the voice of the fans now.

You're really reaching on that one but nice try. Very old rhetoric on this forum that but thanks for trying to be relevant in a chat you found no other angle to engage with.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 09:21 - May 23 with 1601 viewsBiGDonnie

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 07:25 - May 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Wouldn’t know as I don’t watch Friends, I’m male

Stop saying OMG then...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 10:45 - May 23 with 1552 viewsBlue_Moses

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 09:21 - May 23 by BiGDonnie

Stop saying OMG then...

OMG was originally from the film 'Clueless', wasn't it?
Luke Hyam’s annoying on 11:27 - May 23 with 1510 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 07:52 - May 23 by Keaneish

The last bastion of football fan humour, attacking a gender stereotype with a pithy link to sexual orientation. Truly brilliant.

Wait, pithy link to sexual orientation???

Jog on you weirdo

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 11:55 - May 23 with 1505 viewsHerbivore

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 08:52 - May 23 by Keaneish

You're really reaching on that one but nice try. Very old rhetoric on this forum that but thanks for trying to be relevant in a chat you found no other angle to engage with.

If you were half as bright as you think you are you wouldn't make silly claims like saying Dave Bassett is more of a managerial genius than Pep Guardiola.

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 11:57 - May 23 with 1498 viewsBiGDonnie

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 10:45 - May 23 by Blue_Moses

I'm not sure, but sounds feasible.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 12:08 - May 23 with 1472 viewsSouperJim

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 23:18 - May 22 by ActionMan

He's still better than nearly everyone Paul Hurst signed and was lauded on here though.

I think this whole "i'd rather be in League One with PL than Championship with Mick" thing is just a defensive reaction to the fact we as fans got it wrong, let's face it we did, and the League One thing will wear off pretty quick if we end up staying there for a while, meanwhile say Norwich do well.

Absolute rubbish, I'm looking forward to next season more than any I ever did under McCarthy. The north stand is a great place to be again, the atmosphere is superb and the football on display is far more engaging and entertaining. Under Mick we were falling asleep and I literally still came out of a combination of habit and loyalty, nothing else.

I understand some folks on here can't get their head round that, their loss.

Also, who gives a flying one about Norwich, other than the budgie trolls who frequent here at the minute?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 12:09 - May 23 with 1472 viewsBluedandy

No great surprise ... if MM ever had a football love child it would look something like Luke Hyam ... dribble sideways, fall into someone and give their nappies 110% ....
Luke Hyam’s annoying on 12:49 - May 23 with 1431 viewsWeWereZombies

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 10:45 - May 23 by Blue_Moses

Any advance on a 1917 letter to Winston Churchill?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-first-use-of-omg-was-in-a-1917-let

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 14:10 - May 23 with 1397 viewsHerbivore

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 12:08 - May 23 by SouperJim

Absolute rubbish, I'm looking forward to next season more than any I ever did under McCarthy. The north stand is a great place to be again, the atmosphere is superb and the football on display is far more engaging and entertaining. Under Mick we were falling asleep and I literally still came out of a combination of habit and loyalty, nothing else.

I understand some folks on here can't get their head round that, their loss.

Also, who gives a flying one about Norwich, other than the budgie trolls who frequent here at the minute?

Is the football really more engaging and entertaining? I'm not convinced to be honest, at least at Portman Road. Under Lambert we've averaged 1.06 goals a game, under Mick last season it was 1.29 goals per game. Total shots and shots on target were also higher per game under Mick last season than under Lambert this season. I acknowledge the atmosphere is better but the actual football, a few exceptions aside, has been pretty rubbish.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:46]

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 14:14 - May 23 with 1376 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 14:10 - May 23 by Herbivore

Is the football really more engaging and entertaining? I'm not convinced to be honest, at least at Portman Road. Under Lambert we've averaged 1.06 goals a game, under Mick last season it was 1.29 goals per game. Total shots and shots on target were also higher per game under Mick last season than under Lambert this season. I acknowledge the atmosphere is better but the actual football, a few exceptions aside, has been pretty rubbish.

We did concede more though, so plenty of opposition goals to enjoy

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 14:18 - May 23 with 1372 viewsHerbivore

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 14:14 - May 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We did concede more though, so plenty of opposition goals to enjoy

I can kind of see why a neutral found it more entertaining given how many goals we shipped, sure. As a Town fan though I didn't much enjoy it.

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 16:47 - May 23 with 1329 viewsSouperJim

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 14:10 - May 23 by Herbivore

Well "engaging and entertaining" is clearly subjective. That is my opinion and one which I am confident is shared by the majority behind the goal.

I've enjoyed watching us under Lambert more than I did under Mick, except 14-15 perhaps but even then we were fairly defensive and agricultural at times. Stats only tell so much, the type of football we're playing is far more ambitious and that's what I want to see from my team, not dull defensive 1-1 draws.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 17:03 - May 23 with 1316 viewsLeoMuff

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 16:47 - May 23 by SouperJim

Well "engaging and entertaining" is clearly subjective. That is my opinion and one which I am confident is shared by the majority behind the goal.

I've enjoyed watching us under Lambert more than I did under Mick, except 14-15 perhaps but even then we were fairly defensive and agricultural at times. Stats only tell so much, the type of football we're playing is far more ambitious and that's what I want to see from my team, not dull defensive 1-1 draws.

So you perhaps enjoyed the play off season better than when we were the worst team in champ history ? Ok whatever...

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 17:12 - May 23 with 1288 viewsartsbossbeard

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 07:22 - May 23 by Keaneish

Why do you feel the need to justify what other fans think? We don't like MM. Originally we hated his football and now a lot of us genuinely don't like the man. No one thought getting rid of MM would yield immediate benefits but we were delighted to see him go and roll the dice to embrace change no matter whether positive or negative and more power to it.

Now we have a mixture of a huge upturn in positivity but in a different league. Get it wrong? It was completely right to get rid of him. Anyone thinking otherwise has easily forgotten how perverse it became under MM. So what if we're not in the Championship, we were going nowhere. Let's use League One as a springboard. No doubt it's a crucial season but far more Interesting already than any preseason MM served.

"Why do you feel the need to justify what other fans think? We don't like MM."

Well, that ended well.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 17:50 - May 23 with 1237 viewsKeaneish

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 11:55 - May 23 by Herbivore

If you were half as bright as you think you are you wouldn't make silly claims like saying Dave Bassett is more of a managerial genius than Pep Guardiola.

Again, misunderstanding the point of a post and not being able to read between the lines. You're tediously dull Herbs.

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 17:53 - May 23 with 1229 viewsSpruceMoose

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 17:50 - May 23 by Keaneish

Again, misunderstanding the point of a post and not being able to read between the lines. You're tediously dull Herbs.

I'll give you credit, every time I check out thread you're involved with, you're blubbing about something different. Good for you for keeping it interesting!
[Post edited 23 May 2019 17:53]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 18:04 - May 23 with 1208 viewsKeaneish

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 17:53 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

I'll give you credit, every time I check out thread you're involved with, you're blubbing about something different. Good for you for keeping it interesting!
[Post edited 23 May 2019 17:53]

I can't take all the credit, i'll need to give some of to Herbs and Healy. Without them this endorsement wouldn't be possible.

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 18:04 - May 23 with 1206 viewsHerbivore

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 16:47 - May 23 by SouperJim

How many times has Lambert started with a midfield 3 of Skuse, Chalobah and Downes, and only one striker? That's not really very ambitious at all. Mick would have been crucified for that but for some reason under Lambert it's acceptable.

You're right that stats don't tell the whole story but when we're both creating and scoring less than we did under a manager who is said to be dull and defensive I think it becomes hard to make the claim that we're entertaining. I've found us to be pretty horrific to watch most of the time, with odd glimpses of good play.

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 18:05 - May 23 with 1204 viewsHerbivore

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 17:50 - May 23 by Keaneish

So you're point wasn't that Pep isn't a genius but Dave Bassett is? Why did you say that then if that wasn't your point? Say what you mean, bae.

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 19:40 - May 23 with 1145 viewsKeaneish

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 18:05 - May 23 by Herbivore

So you're point wasn't that Pep isn't a genius but Dave Bassett is? Why did you say that then if that wasn't your point? Say what you mean, bae.

My point was that it takes equally as much if not more to galvanise a mediocre side to win 3 titles in 4 seasons and take a nowhere club from the lowest tier of professional football to the top of the English pyramid as it does to buy a side to win the treble. Pep is labelled a genius but Bassett is far from it. Granted Pep plays better football and introduced new techniques but the same could be said of Bassetts brutal long ball game.

I also said that in my opinion, Pep wouldn't be the greatest in English football as he's never done it the hard way. He's up there for sure but he won't eclipse others.

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 19:53 - May 23 with 1118 viewsHerbivore

Luke Hyam’s annoying on 19:40 - May 23 by Keaneish

My point was that it takes equally as much if not more to galvanise a mediocre side to win 3 titles in 4 seasons and take a nowhere club from the lowest tier of professional football to the top of the English pyramid as it does to buy a side to win the treble. Pep is labelled a genius but Bassett is far from it. Granted Pep plays better football and introduced new techniques but the same could be said of Bassetts brutal long ball game.

I also said that in my opinion, Pep wouldn't be the greatest in English football as he's never done it the hard way. He's up there for sure but he won't eclipse others.

It's still hilarious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024