Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) 10:28 - May 23 with 10906 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 23 May 2019 10:28]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:19 - May 23 with 647 viewsSpruceMoose

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:15 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Well that's 19 years on here wasted.

Seeing as you're economically liberal I'll let you give me a reacharound.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:19 - May 23 with 647 viewseireblue

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:11 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

Unbelievable isn't it.

Funny thing is, I never wanted to move abroad particularly, and would be more than happy to move back. I've a huge amount of affection for Ipswich and Suffolk as a whole.

That's why it gets my goat when skids like Pickles, who have probably never had the balls, brains or opportunity to go anywhere or do anything remotely interesting use it to suggest I no longer deserve to hold an opinion on UK affairs.

Leaving aside the nastiness, it's also profoundly stupid.

Well he seems to have a low opinion of his fellow Englishman.

He assumes an Englishman that lives abroad has no concern for his mother country.

Seems very unpatriotic to have a view that English people reject concern for their home when abroad. He really should have more faith in Englishness.

Tut tut.
We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:20 - May 23 with 641 viewsreusersfreekicks

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 16:48 - May 23 by bluejacko

Just checked the result for the last vote,
30 Tories plus 10 DUP didn’t vote for it.
The vote was lost by 58 so it still would not have got enough votes.
Also some members of the ERG actually voted for the deal.
Of course we could also ask how many Labour MP’s voted for the deal.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 17:12]

If all the tories and the dup voted for it it would go through. They have a majority!
We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:21 - May 23 with 638 viewsSpruceMoose

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:19 - May 23 by eireblue

Well he seems to have a low opinion of his fellow Englishman.

He assumes an Englishman that lives abroad has no concern for his mother country.

Seems very unpatriotic to have a view that English people reject concern for their home when abroad. He really should have more faith in Englishness.

Tut tut.

He probably shouldn't say that to anyone in the armed forces overseas, or anyone working for UK charities and businesses abroad.

Such a narrow world view.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:23 - May 23 with 623 viewsJ2BLUE

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:21 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

He probably shouldn't say that to anyone in the armed forces overseas, or anyone working for UK charities and businesses abroad.

Such a narrow world view.

He needs to travel with Fergal

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:26 - May 23 with 613 viewsgazzer1999

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 11:06 - May 23 by BlueBadger

...and you hate women, gays and foreigners and would like to see whole removal of employment rights and healthcare provision?

I ask, because those are the views held by leading candidates who will be forming party policy.

Funny, I didn't see all of that in any manifesto. Made up crap again.
We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:27 - May 23 with 611 viewsSpruceMoose

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:23 - May 23 by J2BLUE

He needs to travel with Fergal

Both of them have seen the world from their bedroom window I reckon.

Which is absolutely fine. But don't take a pop at others for doing different.

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:34 - May 23 with 592 viewsWeWereZombies

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 21:32 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

Not you as well! I’m trying to score cheap points and all you and Glassers can do is throw facts at me

I’ve always doubted the idea that the far left and far right meet on the other side of the circle. They seem to in their behaviours but not their ideology, based on what we see now. But I know little or nothing about the philosophy and developments of the great thinkers and movements in our political past. Big gaps in my reading I should probably address.

Try, in chronological and order of reading:

Plato
Marcus Aurelius
Machiavelli
Thomas Hobbes
John Locke
Jean Jacques Rousseau
John Stuart Mill
Karl Marx
John Rawles
Robert Nozick

You can add Hayek to the list (between Marx and Rawles) but, based on 'The Constitution of Liberty', it is unlikely to add too much although there is something of a vindication for local government tucked in there. I have 'The Road to Serfdom' unread in one of my five bookcases of still to read books but, having been told it is much the same as the second book, think I might check out G.K. Chesterton and distributivism if I feel the need to do some more political philosophy.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:42 - May 23 with 564 viewsSpruceMoose

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:34 - May 23 by WeWereZombies

Try, in chronological and order of reading:

Plato
Marcus Aurelius
Machiavelli
Thomas Hobbes
John Locke
Jean Jacques Rousseau
John Stuart Mill
Karl Marx
John Rawles
Robert Nozick

You can add Hayek to the list (between Marx and Rawles) but, based on 'The Constitution of Liberty', it is unlikely to add too much although there is something of a vindication for local government tucked in there. I have 'The Road to Serfdom' unread in one of my five bookcases of still to read books but, having been told it is much the same as the second book, think I might check out G.K. Chesterton and distributivism if I feel the need to do some more political philosophy.

What do you have against Phenomenology?!

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:48 - May 23 with 550 viewsSwansea_Blue

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 21:47 - May 23 by vapour_trail

Just to add, probably best to let the females in the house run the finances.

And handle any sharp implements

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:49 - May 23 with 549 viewsWeWereZombies

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:42 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

What do you have against Phenomenology?!

Sorry, but I couldn't remember which episode of The Muppet Show that was on.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 03:34 - May 24 with 492 viewsSpruceMoose

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 22:07 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

How come you told Footers you had a long drive to not bother meeting us at the game then Hmmm?

Just bumping this one for Pickles... Seeing as where you live is so important to him.

Answer please!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024