Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) 10:28 - May 23 with 10907 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 23 May 2019 10:28]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:12 - May 23 with 741 viewsStokieBlue

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:07 - May 23 by ShropshireBluenago09

We did and we should be out and not even voting today, but remainers and our weak willed prime minister havent accepted the decision taken in June '16. 3 Years of throwing insults, backstabbing and kicking the can down the road. So we re-enforce the message today, by default - pretty much a second referendum... just what you lot wanted!

Surely that would only be right if the Brexit party gets >50%. That is the only way you can be sure of your position. Getting 35% would actually be counter to your point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:12 - May 23 with 740 viewsflimflam

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:10 - May 23 by StokieBlue

Why don't you challenge statements with facts? All you've done is highlight why everyone is getting so annoyed.

Furthermore he was spot on:

"Farage, who has been an MEP for 18 years, has one of the worst attendance records at the parliament in Brussels and Strasbourg. He is ranked 748 out of 751 MEPs and has taken part in only 37% of votes in the current parliamentary session, according to VoteWatch Europe."

That's just a snippet from this article of moaning and misdemeanors:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-c

SB

Yet to see him owned by anyone in any debate ever but you carry on.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:12 - May 23 with 739 viewsHerbivore

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:07 - May 23 by ShropshireBluenago09

We did and we should be out and not even voting today, but remainers and our weak willed prime minister havent accepted the decision taken in June '16. 3 Years of throwing insults, backstabbing and kicking the can down the road. So we re-enforce the message today, by default - pretty much a second referendum... just what you lot wanted!

You are aware that it was the Brexiteers in the ERG and DUP who refused to back the Withdrawal Agreement? That's why we've not left yet. You Brexiteers won't take responsibility for anything.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:14 - May 23 with 732 viewsHerbivore

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:12 - May 23 by flimflam

So you're voting for someone you've never even seen in a debate?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:14 - May 23 with 730 viewsfooters

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:12 - May 23 by flimflam

"The eyes are useless when the mind is blind."

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:15 - May 23 with 727 viewsGlasgowBlue

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:12 - May 23 by Herbivore

You are aware that it was the Brexiteers in the ERG and DUP who refused to back the Withdrawal Agreement? That's why we've not left yet. You Brexiteers won't take responsibility for anything.

And now the second referenders are talking saying they'll vote against May's deal even though it includes a second referendum.

Crazy times

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:17 - May 23 with 719 viewsflimflam

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:14 - May 23 by footers

"The eyes are useless when the mind is blind."

All depends on ones own outlook I guess.

Horses for Courses.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:18 - May 23 with 716 viewsitfcjoe

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:15 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

And now the second referenders are talking saying they'll vote against May's deal even though it includes a second referendum.

Crazy times

It doesn't include one though, if it was cast iron then it would be a different matter - but it is just an amendment to the bill which any MP could have put forward anyway

I heard a good thing about May today - she tries to pull people in from one side, but all she does is not go far enough in that direction to get them onboard, but far enough to lose some of the people currently supporting.....so she just sheds a bit of support everytime she tries to do anything

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:18 - May 23 with 712 viewsHerbivore

Crazy times

Parliament is crumbling.

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:19 - May 23 with 712 viewsDanTheMan

Crazy times

I thought the deal included a second deal option being voted on in the HoC, not a definite "it will happen" agreement?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:22 - May 23 with 698 viewsShropshireBluenago09

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:12 - May 23 by Herbivore

It was an awful withdrawal agreement, pretty much leaving us still in the EU, hence it didnt pass. This is becoming tedious.

Gus Uhlenbeek

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:26 - May 23 with 681 viewsJ2BLUE

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:22 - May 23 by ShropshireBluenago09

It was an awful withdrawal agreement, pretty much leaving us still in the EU, hence it didnt pass. This is becoming tedious.

That's odd. Pickles, the TWTD Brexit spokesman, told us he wanted a hard Brexit, then he became the chief cheerleader for May's deal and now he seems to want a hard Brexit again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:27 - May 23 with 677 viewsHerbivore

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:22 - May 23 by ShropshireBluenago09

It ended free movement of people and the primacy of EU law. It was nothing like remaining in the EU. What more did you want? It was a harder Brexit than the Norway type deal Farage was arguing for prior to the referendum. You leavers don't know what you want, and you sure can't get your facts straight.

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:28 - May 23 with 669 viewsSomethingBlue

Crazy times

No it doesn't.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:30 - May 23 with 661 viewsGlasgowBlue

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:19 - May 23 by DanTheMan

I thought the deal included a second deal option being voted on in the HoC, not a definite "it will happen" agreement?

The reason so many Tory MP's have kicked off is that clause 36 says "That this House agrees there should be another referendum before the withdrawal bill is ratified".

Oddly, those MP's who have been calling for a second referendum have said they can't support it.

Iron Lion Zion

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:32 - May 23 with 646 viewsHerbivore

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:30 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

The reason so many Tory MP's have kicked off is that clause 36 says "That this House agrees there should be another referendum before the withdrawal bill is ratified".

Oddly, those MP's who have been calling for a second referendum have said they can't support it.

I thought it only offered a parliamentary vote on holding a second referendum?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:33 - May 23 with 642 viewschicoazul

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:18 - May 23 by itfcjoe

It doesn't include one though, if it was cast iron then it would be a different matter - but it is just an amendment to the bill which any MP could have put forward anyway

I heard a good thing about May today - she tries to pull people in from one side, but all she does is not go far enough in that direction to get them onboard, but far enough to lose some of the people currently supporting.....so she just sheds a bit of support everytime she tries to do anything

May is Marcus Evans-levels of incompetent and unlucky.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:35 - May 23 with 635 viewsShropshireBluenago09

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:27 - May 23 by Herbivore

It ended free movement of people and the primacy of EU law. It was nothing like remaining in the EU. What more did you want? It was a harder Brexit than the Norway type deal Farage was arguing for prior to the referendum. You leavers don't know what you want, and you sure can't get your facts straight.

Personally, i would have been happy to keep some form of free movement of people. Others feel that this is their prime motivation for Brexit. There are so many forms of Brexit, it is difficult to pin down, but generalising like you and spruce do 'you leavers dont know what you want' and 'you are all bigotted racists' is a poor retort.

Gus Uhlenbeek

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:37 - May 23 with 630 viewsGlasgowBlue

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:32 - May 23 by Herbivore

I thought it only offered a parliamentary vote on holding a second referendum?

So you'd think those Parliamentarians who are calling for a second referendum would get on board.

Iron Lion Zion

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:40 - May 23 with 626 viewsHerbivore

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:37 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

So you'd think those Parliamentarians who are calling for a second referendum would get on board.

Although they'd have to vote for a bill that moves us towards leaving in order to get said vote. The Tories would whip against a second referendum in said vote too so it wouldn't pass.

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:41 - May 23 with 619 viewsHerbivore

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:35 - May 23 by ShropshireBluenago09

Personally, i would have been happy to keep some form of free movement of people. Others feel that this is their prime motivation for Brexit. There are so many forms of Brexit, it is difficult to pin down, but generalising like you and spruce do 'you leavers dont know what you want' and 'you are all bigotted racists' is a poor retort.

So why vote Brexit Party if you would accept a softer Brexit than the one proposed by May?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:44 - May 23 with 610 viewsGlasgowBlue

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:40 - May 23 by Herbivore

Although they'd have to vote for a bill that moves us towards leaving in order to get said vote. The Tories would whip against a second referendum in said vote too so it wouldn't pass.

But the second referendum was always put forward by those who supported it as being May's deal v remain.

I agree with you on the numbers though. Although the whip has made precious little difference to how MP's of both main parties have voted over the issue since December.

Iron Lion Zion

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 16:17 - May 23 with 562 viewsShropshireBluenago09

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 15:41 - May 23 by Herbivore

So why vote Brexit Party if you would accept a softer Brexit than the one proposed by May?

As i said on this topic earlier. I am a conservative voter, but when it comes to Europe, they have failed. I voted UKIP in the last euro elections, but would never aline myself with them as THEY are the bigots, rasists, hate filled party. The Brexit party is a protest, a shake up vote. Cameron failed to get any concessions out of EU, Mays deal was a dead duck and was never going to pass.

Gus Uhlenbeek

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 16:22 - May 23 with 536 viewsHerbivore

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 16:17 - May 23 by ShropshireBluenago09

As i said on this topic earlier. I am a conservative voter, but when it comes to Europe, they have failed. I voted UKIP in the last euro elections, but would never aline myself with them as THEY are the bigots, rasists, hate filled party. The Brexit party is a protest, a shake up vote. Cameron failed to get any concessions out of EU, Mays deal was a dead duck and was never going to pass.

You're voting Brexit Party to protest the fact that Brexit is happening?

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 16:24 - May 23 with 534 viewsSpruceMoose

We all voting for Farage today then? (n/t) on 16:17 - May 23 by ShropshireBluenago09

That makes no sense at all though. You won't vote for UKIP because they are bigots, racists and hate filled, but you're going to vote for the Brexit Party, who are bigots, racists and hate filled.

You only need to do the briefest of investigations into their candidates to realise this is true.

Can't you see why people might not really believe your claimed motivations? If not voting for bigots and racists is so important to you, why are you voting for bigots and racists?

A genuine answer would be genuinely appreciated if you wanted to set aside the bickering and discuss it respectfully?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024