Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh dear. 10:44 - May 23 with 2005 viewshampstead_blue

Let's hope the beat doesn't go the way of George!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48371633
[Post edited 23 May 2019 10:44]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Oh dear. on 10:49 - May 23 with 1947 viewsitfcjoe

Even the sculptor doesn't seem too sure when you listen to the interview.

The guy doing ours is definitely one of, if not, the best. The 2 statues we have are fantastic and if you look at his websites his others are brilliant too - I don't know a lot about sculpting, but this guy is a true master of his trade from what he produces.

http://www.seanhedgesquinn.co.uk/gallery/

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oh dear. on 10:53 - May 23 with 1933 viewsSitfcB

Oh dear. on 10:49 - May 23 by itfcjoe

The guy doing ours is definitely one of, if not, the best. The 2 statues we have are fantastic and if you look at his websites his others are brilliant too - I don't know a lot about sculpting, but this guy is a true master of his trade from what he produces.

He should be the go to guy for statues.

The statue that Newcastle have of Sir Bobby is awful, why didn’t they just get him to do it I don’t know.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Oh dear. on 11:00 - May 23 with 1904 viewsitfcjoe

Oh dear. on 10:53 - May 23 by SitfcB

He should be the go to guy for statues.

The statue that Newcastle have of Sir Bobby is awful, why didn’t they just get him to do it I don’t know.

Yep, it's just too shiny and no character to the face and hair.

Think 'Coach' just brings more texture to everything - makes it look real. A lot of the others are just too shiny

The difference between the 2 Ted Bates statues is night and day after the one in Southampton was re-done as so poor

[Post edited 23 May 2019 11:02]

Oh dear. on 11:07 - May 23 with 1864 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Dammit, you just beat me to it!

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Oh dear on 11:31 - May 23 with 1810 viewsChurchman

I think Sir Alf’s and Bobby Robson’s statues are brilliant. Just about the best I’ve ever seen. The sculptor really captured them. I think Beattie’s will be great too, if the picture is anything to go by.
The funniest I’ve seen is Ronaldo’s in Funchal Madeira. So bad. The George Best one isn’t much better. It was only when the newsreader said who it was that I realised it who it was meant to be.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 11:36]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:37 - May 23 with 1780 viewshampstead_blue

Oh dear on 11:31 - May 23 by Churchman

I think Sir Alf’s and Bobby Robson’s statues are brilliant. Just about the best I’ve ever seen. The sculptor really captured them. I think Beattie’s will be great too, if the picture is anything to go by.
The funniest I’ve seen is Ronaldo’s in Funchal Madeira. So bad. The George Best one isn’t much better. It was only when the newsreader said who it was that I realised it who it was meant to be.

I initially thought it was Pat Jennings just because he was stood next to it....had to edit the text!

It's so bad.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Oh dear. on 14:01 - May 23 with 1662 viewsChurchman

Oh dear. on 11:00 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Yep, it's just too shiny and no character to the face and hair.

Think 'Coach' just brings more texture to everything - makes it look real. A lot of the others are just too shiny

The difference between the 2 Ted Bates statues is night and day after the one in Southampton was re-done as so poor

[Post edited 23 May 2019 11:02]

That horror show looks like that plastic irishman Ray Houghton. Was piping on trousers fashionable oop north? I take it the statue was done on the cheap as it looks like a few lagered up blokes from the local have has a go for charity. Hilarious.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:02]
Oh dear. on 14:22 - May 23 with 1626 viewsitfcjoe

Oh dear. on 14:01 - May 23 by Churchman

That horror show looks like that plastic irishman Ray Houghton. Was piping on trousers fashionable oop north? I take it the statue was done on the cheap as it looks like a few lagered up blokes from the local have has a go for charity. Hilarious.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:02]

Cost £120k in 2007, and it got taken down within a week - replaced by this one which Sean Hedges-Quinn did

Login to get fewer ads

Oh dear. on 14:24 - May 23 with 1617 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear. on 14:22 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Cost £120k in 2007, and it got taken down within a week - replaced by this one which Sean Hedges-Quinn did

Night and day between those two. The first bloke is stealing a living.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Oh dear. on 14:32 - May 23 with 1605 viewsChurchman

Oh dear. on 14:24 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

Night and day between those two. The first bloke is stealing a living.

Is he meant to be waving goodbye after they sacked him (conveniently forgotten)? Actually it is really good. What were they thinking of with the first effort? I hope whoever slapped it together wasn’t paid the £120k.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:32]
Oh dear. on 14:35 - May 23 with 1591 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh dear. on 14:32 - May 23 by Churchman

Is he meant to be waving goodbye after they sacked him (conveniently forgotten)? Actually it is really good. What were they thinking of with the first effort? I hope whoever slapped it together wasn’t paid the £120k.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:32]

Nothing quite enrages me in football like Newcastle trying to fawn over Sir Bobby after the way they treated him.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:35]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Oh dear. on 15:00 - May 23 with 1549 viewsChurchman

Oh dear. on 14:35 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

Nothing quite enrages me in football like Newcastle trying to fawn over Sir Bobby after the way they treated him.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:35]

They couldn’t get out of the door quick enough!! With the possible exception of Fulham when he started in the management game, nobody treated him more shabbily. Now it’s reverential hushed tones when his name is mentioned by the geordies and a fair bit of airbrushing the best bits out of his management career - which isn’t the Newcastle bit, along with the abuse he got.
Oh dear. on 15:09 - May 23 with 1536 viewsitfcjoe

Oh dear. on 15:00 - May 23 by Churchman

They couldn’t get out of the door quick enough!! With the possible exception of Fulham when he started in the management game, nobody treated him more shabbily. Now it’s reverential hushed tones when his name is mentioned by the geordies and a fair bit of airbrushing the best bits out of his management career - which isn’t the Newcastle bit, along with the abuse he got.

The fans drove him out of the club, shameful

Oh dear on 15:31 - May 23 with 1511 viewssolemio

Oh dear on 11:31 - May 23 by Churchman

Totally agree. It really IS Sir Alf. Bobby is very good too.
Oh dear on 16:23 - May 23 with 1463 viewsSouperJim

Oh dear on 15:31 - May 23 by solemio

Totally agree. It really IS Sir Alf. Bobby is very good too.

The "making of" he put together for his Nat Lofthouse statue is well worth a read through, it's a really lengthy process involving a lot of highly skilled people even beyond the sculptor:-
http://seanhedgesquinn-co-uk.stackstaging.com/NatLofthouse/mobile/index.html

Makes you realise how some of the attempts above could end up so far off the mark. Coach is clearly a master of his craft.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Oh dear on 22:31 - May 23 with 1356 viewssolemio

Oh dear on 16:23 - May 23 by SouperJim

The "making of" he put together for his Nat Lofthouse statue is well worth a read through, it's a really lengthy process involving a lot of highly skilled people even beyond the sculptor:-
http://seanhedgesquinn-co-uk.stackstaging.com/NatLofthouse/mobile/index.html

Makes you realise how some of the attempts above could end up so far off the mark. Coach is clearly a master of his craft.

That is fascinating; thanks for posting it. I would not have suspected what a complex process it all is. No wonder his statues are so good. He is clearly a true perfectionist.
Oh dear. on 23:11 - May 23 with 1327 viewsCoco

Oh dear. on 10:49 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Absolute genius.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024