Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife 12:13 - May 23 with 1292 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/23/duncan-smith-calls-for-mays-cab

"The reality now is that somebody needs to calmly sit down and say look, it’s over for this withdrawal agreement.”

Maybe show her the hairy side if that doesn't work hey Ian?
[Post edited 23 May 2019 12:15]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:23 - May 23 with 1049 viewsSuperblue95

Behind every great man is a great woman

Behind every not so great woman is a man to give her the back of the hand she needs

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:26 - May 23 with 1036 viewsWeWereZombies

Well has he already had a word with her so that legislation is favourable to his clients?

'The prime minister’s own husband, Philip May, is employed to market a Los Angeles investment fund called Capital Group. It appears extensively in the files of the offshore law firm Appleby, whose data was at the centre of the recent Paradise Papers revelations.'

From: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/02/tax-havens-theresa-may-backing-bri

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:27 - May 23 with 1024 viewsgiant_stow

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:26 - May 23 by WeWereZombies

Well has he already had a word with her so that legislation is favourable to his clients?

'The prime minister’s own husband, Philip May, is employed to market a Los Angeles investment fund called Capital Group. It appears extensively in the files of the offshore law firm Appleby, whose data was at the centre of the recent Paradise Papers revelations.'

From: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/02/tax-havens-theresa-may-backing-bri

ta for the link - will save for later.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:29 - May 23 with 1013 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Taken out of context nicely...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:29 - May 23 with 1009 viewsgiant_stow

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:29 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hey?

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:34 - May 23 with 989 viewsWeWereZombies

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:29 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are you sure?

'The Sunday Times reported, on 27 January 2019, that Theresa May's chief of staff Gavin Barwell accused Philip May of "scuppering" plans to offer Labour a permanent customs union with the EU to try and get Labour's support in pushing through the Withdrawal agreement through parliament. Philip May is said to have encouraged his wife to seek changes to the Brexit deal (by removing the backstop) that can get through parliament with the support of the DUP and Brexiteer Tory MPs.'

And; 'May has been described as an "experienced Conservative activist and campaigner".

It has been noted that May does not attend meetings to advise the Prime Minister in an official capacity but has been referred to as the Prime Minister's 'most trusted adviser' following her consultation with him over calling the snap general election in 2017 and her 2016 Conservative Party Conference speech.'

Both from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_May#Brexit_negotiations

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:35 - May 23 with 989 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not a terrible idea. I doubt it was meant in the way you are trying to spin it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:42 - May 23 with 973 viewsgiant_stow

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:35 - May 23 by J2BLUE

It's not a terrible idea. I doubt it was meant in the way you are trying to spin it.

What spin?! He's appealing over T May's head for husband to go have a word. How would you look at it?

Login to get fewer ads

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:45 - May 23 with 957 viewsJ2BLUE

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:42 - May 23 by giant_stow

What spin?! He's appealing over T May's head for husband to go have a word. How would you look at it?

Her deal ism dead. He might be the only person she listens to. I don't think it's a case of 'control your woman' as much as just appealing for him to be honest with her. Would anyone care if he had suggested Melania have a word with Trump or Michelle Obama have a word with Barack?

Truly impaired.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:46 - May 23 with 951 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:35 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Agree 100%

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:48 - May 23 with 942 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:45 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Her deal ism dead. He might be the only person she listens to. I don't think it's a case of 'control your woman' as much as just appealing for him to be honest with her. Would anyone care if he had suggested Melania have a word with Trump or Michelle Obama have a word with Barack?

Agreed, was going to use exactly the same example.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:50 - May 23 with 935 viewsJ2BLUE

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:48 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed, was going to use exactly the same example.

I look forward to hearing why this is different. It's always different. I probably need to check my male privilege.

Truly impaired.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:52 - May 23 with 918 viewsfooters

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:50 - May 23 by J2BLUE

I look forward to hearing why this is different. It's always different. I probably need to check my male privilege.

They're all stupid examples. Why would someone with relatively little knowledge of the mechanics of the deal and the politics surrounding it be able to persuade the person who likely knows the most about it?

I'm not suggesting it's sexist, but it's certainly stupid.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:54 - May 23 with 900 viewsgiant_stow

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:50 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Of course its bludy different! A really lame comparison.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:54 - May 23 with 896 viewsJ2BLUE

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:52 - May 23 by footers

They're all stupid examples. Why would someone with relatively little knowledge of the mechanics of the deal and the politics surrounding it be able to persuade the person who likely knows the most about it?

Anyone with a passing interest in politics knows this deal is dead. I'm sure he knows enough to know her deal is dead and be able to tell her why. The numbers aren't there and there are multiple plots against her. That should be enough. It may well be the person saying it who gets through to her rather than repeating the argument.

Truly impaired.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:55 - May 23 with 887 viewsJ2BLUE

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:54 - May 23 by giant_stow

Of course its bludy different! A really lame comparison.

Only if you are trying to be offended. Go on then, tell me how it;s different.

Truly impaired.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:57 - May 23 with 882 viewsfooters

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:54 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Anyone with a passing interest in politics knows this deal is dead. I'm sure he knows enough to know her deal is dead and be able to tell her why. The numbers aren't there and there are multiple plots against her. That should be enough. It may well be the person saying it who gets through to her rather than repeating the argument.

Well, she's now rewriting it so doubt she could be persuaded otherwise. If nothing else she is very determined. She knows that if she goes without her deal being passed, as a remainer herself, that the worst could happen. I doubt she's prepared to let that happen.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:57 - May 23 with 883 viewsWeWereZombies

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:52 - May 23 by footers

I see this a bit differently, the lamentable IDS has inadvertently outed the 'power behind the throne' by publicly calling for Philip May to tell his wife to resign. Little Miss lowly born but with high church aspirations can portray herself as strong and stable but would rather be skipping through cornfields all that she likes but the reality is that she is no less a puppet than a US president. And her husband is one of the puppet masters.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:58 - May 23 with 880 viewsgiant_stow

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:55 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Only if you are trying to be offended. Go on then, tell me how it;s different.

Trump is a man - may is a woman.

If any senior american politician has ever said to Melenia to sit Trump down and calmly explain things to him, then you have a point and I'll back down.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:02 - May 23 with 854 viewsgiant_stow

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:57 - May 23 by WeWereZombies

I see this a bit differently, the lamentable IDS has inadvertently outed the 'power behind the throne' by publicly calling for Philip May to tell his wife to resign. Little Miss lowly born but with high church aspirations can portray herself as strong and stable but would rather be skipping through cornfields all that she likes but the reality is that she is no less a puppet than a US president. And her husband is one of the puppet masters.

Fair dos - could be that too! (ahem)

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:03 - May 23 with 850 viewsJ2BLUE

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 12:58 - May 23 by giant_stow

Trump is a man - may is a woman.

If any senior american politician has ever said to Melenia to sit Trump down and calmly explain things to him, then you have a point and I'll back down.

That's all you've got is it? That she's a woman so therefore it's automatically sexist?

Truly impaired.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:08 - May 23 with 834 viewsgiant_stow

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:03 - May 23 by J2BLUE

That's all you've got is it? That she's a woman so therefore it's automatically sexist?

Serious? Did you read the 2nd paragraph?

Try again.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:13 - May 23 with 810 viewsJ2BLUE

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:08 - May 23 by giant_stow

Serious? Did you read the 2nd paragraph?

Try again.

You literally answered because she's a woman. I would be amazed if no one has ever called for Melania to soften Trump's stance on certain thing. I did have a quick look but was distracted by the Sun having an article about fully nude pictures of Melania

I have work to do from 13:40 but I will have another look later. If I can't find any proof i'll back down, although I will still think it isn't sexist. Sometimes there are certain people who can make you see things you otherwise can't. There are in my life. All women. I don't see the difference it makes that she's a woman other than people having a reason to kick off.

Truly impaired.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:59 - May 23 with 742 viewsWeWereZombies

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:13 - May 23 by J2BLUE

You literally answered because she's a woman. I would be amazed if no one has ever called for Melania to soften Trump's stance on certain thing. I did have a quick look but was distracted by the Sun having an article about fully nude pictures of Melania

I have work to do from 13:40 but I will have another look later. If I can't find any proof i'll back down, although I will still think it isn't sexist. Sometimes there are certain people who can make you see things you otherwise can't. There are in my life. All women. I don't see the difference it makes that she's a woman other than people having a reason to kick off.

Do you think there is a difference between sexist and paternalism?

I definitely think that something is signalled by Duncan Smith's remark, something along the lines of 'Daddy knows best' (despite an entire party mainly made up of Daddies appearing to be clueless). No one is asking the Prime Minister to get her baps out for the lads but she is being made to look as if she is not quite in control by some of the men around her. And also some of the women but in a different and more direct way - although resigning as Leader of the House of Commons on the day before an election (no matter how inconsequential it might become) is reprehensible.

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 14:15 - May 23 with 723 viewsgiant_stow

splutter! IDS calls for Phillip May to have a word with his wife on 13:13 - May 23 by J2BLUE

I'm sorry if we're having a little spat here btw, but my life too is full of strong women (maybe unfortunately). I have a feeling that they'll be scoffing at the little prick - not getting too cross, just shaking their heads and recognising 'another one'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024