Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Vaughan 14:37 - May 23 with 4648 viewsmarkand1986

Has been invited to pre season with itfc. Not sure if that means Norwood is still joining or not. Hope so.
James Vaughan on 14:39 - May 23 with 4178 viewsTractorCam

Hahahaha if we ended up with Vaughan over Norwood that would be peak Ipswich Town.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

James Vaughan on 14:40 - May 23 with 4149 viewsKieran_Knows

Says who?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pretty sure you said.... on 14:42 - May 23 with 4134 viewsBloots

....that we'd be playing Foden behind Donaldson next year?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

James Vaughan on 14:43 - May 23 with 4116 viewsSpruceMoose

Trivia time -

Who was the last ex-Everton striker we had play for us that we all fell in love with and caused TWTD to go into meltdown when we didn't sign permanently?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

James Vaughan on 14:44 - May 23 with 4089 viewsTractorCam

James Vaughan on 14:43 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

Trivia time -

Who was the last ex-Everton striker we had play for us that we all fell in love with and caused TWTD to go into meltdown when we didn't sign permanently?

Jeffers?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bob Latchford? (n/t) on 14:46 - May 23 with 4056 viewsBloots

James Vaughan on 14:43 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

Trivia time -

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

James Vaughan on 14:47 - May 23 with 4029 viewsskyblue23

Phil Foden won't get in the team if we sign him though..

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

James Vaughan on 14:48 - May 23 with 4021 viewsSpruceMoose

James Vaughan on 14:44 - May 23 by TractorCam

Jeffers?

Give that man a coconut.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

James Vaughan on 14:48 - May 23 with 4022 viewsMrTown

Doubt it bares any relation to the Norwood deal in anyway.

Can’t see Lambert relying upon a main goal getter with a guy who has merely been invited to pre season training.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Pretty sure you said.... on 14:49 - May 23 with 4008 viewsmarkand1986

Pretty sure you said.... on 14:42 - May 23 by Bloots

....that we'd be playing Foden behind Donaldson next year?

Does not look like fodders will be joining which is good so downes and doz can kick on.
James Vaughan on 14:51 - May 23 with 3985 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

So you'd like us to believe that almost two months in advance of pre-season, we have invited a striker, currently under contract, to join us purely to train and have a look at, without a guarantee of signing him and expect him to say yes, without knowing about all the other interest there could be in him, including teams that will actually just want to sign him and give him a guaranteed contract?

You're not even going for the def info that we've agreed a deal with him? Slightly more believable.

Okay then mate!

We may well offer him a trial in July if all our other transfer targets have fallen through, he is out of contract and not been offered anything by another club. But you seriously think this is the sort of rubbish that's going to be believed?

EDIT - I can see that some people have actually believed it.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:52]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

James Vaughan on 14:59 - May 23 with 3870 viewsitfc48

James Vaughan on 14:51 - May 23 by WarkTheWarkITFC

So you'd like us to believe that almost two months in advance of pre-season, we have invited a striker, currently under contract, to join us purely to train and have a look at, without a guarantee of signing him and expect him to say yes, without knowing about all the other interest there could be in him, including teams that will actually just want to sign him and give him a guaranteed contract?

You're not even going for the def info that we've agreed a deal with him? Slightly more believable.

Okay then mate!

We may well offer him a trial in July if all our other transfer targets have fallen through, he is out of contract and not been offered anything by another club. But you seriously think this is the sort of rubbish that's going to be believed?

He's been released by Wigan.
James Vaughan on 15:00 - May 23 with 3862 viewsITFC_Forever

Okay then mate!

We're not two months in advance of pre-season.

Pre-season starts in a 2-3 weeks time. Certainly by mid-June.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

James Vaughan on 15:01 - May 23 with 3845 viewsBlueBadger

James Vaughan on 14:40 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

Says who?

The OP's arse?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

James Vaughan on 15:09 - May 23 with 3768 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

James Vaughan on 15:00 - May 23 by ITFC_Forever

We're not two months in advance of pre-season.

Pre-season starts in a 2-3 weeks time. Certainly by mid-June.

Even so, we would insult Vaughan by asking him to train with us now, when he will probably have 5 or 6 offers from other clubs in League One (possibly lower end Championship clubs / League Two clubs) of an actual contract.

Proven scorer in Championship / League One / League Two. Why on earth would we expect him to be interested in joining up in with us for pre-season?

Perhaps a few days before it starts if he's not fixed up then yes.

James Vaughan on 15:13 - May 23 with 3732 viewsMrTown

Okay then mate!

Jesus.

He’s been released?

Pre-season begins in 3 weeks ish.

He did say he has been invited, not that he has accepted. Certainly not unrealistic.

Jump on his back a bit here haven’t you.

James Vaughan on 15:37 - May 23 with 3574 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

James Vaughan on 15:13 - May 23 by MrTown

Jesus.

He’s been released?

Pre-season begins in 3 weeks ish.

He did say he has been invited, not that he has accepted. Certainly not unrealistic.

Jump on his back a bit here haven’t you.

Some context is needed.

The OP previously suggested Cotter should play ahead of Lankester.

Pretty sure you said.... on 17:04 - May 23 with 3201 viewsOldsmoker

Pretty sure you said.... on 14:49 - May 23 by markand1986

Does not look like fodders will be joining which is good so downes and doz can kick on.

Hardly likely he will be joining us if he knows his nickname will be fodders.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

James Vaughan on 17:10 - May 23 with 3158 viewsMrTown

James Vaughan on 15:37 - May 23 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Some context is needed.

The OP previously suggested Cotter should play ahead of Lankester.

I would personally disagree with that statement, although never saw it myself.

Doesn’t bare any relation to this thread though.

James Vaughan on 17:33 - May 23 with 3049 viewsmarkand1986

James Vaughan on 17:10 - May 23 by MrTown

I would personally disagree with that statement, although never saw it myself.

Doesn’t bare any relation to this thread though.

Thanks mr town. Cotter was man of the match the one time he played for us to be fair.
James Vaughan on 19:06 - May 23 with 2643 viewsMrTown

James Vaughan on 17:33 - May 23 by markand1986

Thanks mr town. Cotter was man of the match the one time he played for us to be fair.

Fair is fair.

On Cotter. Played really well in that wing-back role that time, I’m sure Joe would agree as well having seen him a fair amount for the u23’s, he does seem to have gone backwards a lot, attitude seems rather poor as well.

Would not be adverse to James Vaughan one bit however.

James Vaughan on 19:14 - May 23 with 2620 viewsmarkand1986

James Vaughan on 19:06 - May 23 by MrTown

Fair is fair.

On Cotter. Played really well in that wing-back role that time, I’m sure Joe would agree as well having seen him a fair amount for the u23’s, he does seem to have gone backwards a lot, attitude seems rather poor as well.

Would not be adverse to James Vaughan one bit however.

100% agree on cotter seems to be his attitude in question. Has ability for sure. Will be released in summer I would think.
James Vaughan on 21:47 - May 23 with 2293 viewspeterleeblue

He is not really very good. Would do well to miss out on that one.
James Vaughan on 12:23 - May 24 with 1662 viewsstrikalite

James Vaughan on 21:47 - May 23 by peterleeblue

He is not really very good. Would do well to miss out on that one.

At least the lad has a decent shot on him, something we lack hugely, for all the nice tippy tappy stuff we might do next season we're also crying out for a couple of new faces who are capable of something around the edge of the box...
James Vaughan on 12:29 - May 24 with 1638 viewschicoazul

Okay then mate!

What are you on about? Pre season starts in about 2 weeks. Vaughan has been released.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024