Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? 20:40 - May 23 with 2053 viewschristiand

Interested in what many out there in TWTD world think as political topics are often popular threads. Thoughts?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:07 - May 24 with 676 viewsBloomBlue

No that's Blair. He should be hanging from a rope given the lies he told which resulted in the death of Bristish soldiers. Plus he wasnt even the PM then he was letting Bush run the country.

Wilson wasn't much better he let the fckwit unions run the country and they destroyed Britsh industry. Even more annoying was he was a good PM until he lost interest and gave into the unions (and his secretary)

Cameron because having the EU referendum was the correct thing to do, but to run as soon as the decision went against him was criminal
Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:11 - May 24 with 670 viewsBlueBadger

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 23:44 - May 23 by Ryorry

I joined TIG but they rapidly lost me - about as exciting & appealing as magnolia porridge ...

I've been flirting with NHA(National Health Action) of late, it's definitey more of a pressure group than a party at present but there's more policies and attention to joined-up government than the rest.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:16 - May 24 with 658 viewsBlueBadger

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 20:41 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

I think Cameron deserves a special mention, being the melt who kicked this all off and then ran away and hid.

Still, at least it's achieved its primary aim of ensuring a united and strong Conservativ eParty.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:34 - May 24 with 640 viewshampstead_blue

Gordon Brown was a clown as PM.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:39 - May 24 with 634 viewsGlasgowBlue

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 22:49 - May 23 by Churchman

I thinks it is a tight fight between TM and call-me-Dave. But CMD just gets the gold medal.

Even if you ignore unnecessary grinding austerity and laying into the social fabric of this country, which went way beyond what was necessary to correct Labour’s hosing of the economy up the wall, the referendum was a grotesque misjudgement. It left his successor with the problem from hell while he swanned off without a care in the world.

He had no idea what losing the referendum might mean. He did not consider it or allow it to be considered. His pre-referendum begging bowl visit to EU leaders was pathetic because not only did he have no idea how to deal with them, but he also had no idea what he was talking about. There are so many things he could and should have done differently and saying that is not the gift of hindsight. Mix arrogance and stupidity and it looks like call-me-Dave.

TM: she has tried to deal with a problem not of her making which is all that saves her from top spot. In my view she is clueless in every way. Poor judgement, devious (trying to kick the vote down the road on her wretched agreement to scare MPs into voting for it), inflexible, poor listener, micro manager, zero leadership skills, divisive, poor negotiator, poor communicator, put her rotten party before the country etc etc.

I didn’t think I’d see worse than Blair with what he did, but DC and TM have topped him. Sorry Tony, just a bronze medal for you.

“Unnecessary austerity”

Some people have very short memories. Alistair Darling, Labour’s Chancellor at the time of the recession said that if re-elected Labour planned cuts in public spending will be "deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher's in the 1980s

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-mar

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:46 - May 24 with 621 viewschicoazul

Thatcher.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:53 - May 24 with 598 viewsgordon

The next one is going to be much, much worse.
Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:56 - May 24 with 603 viewsChurchman

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 23:47 - May 23 by Ryorry

"He had no idea what losing the referendum might mean. He did not consider it or allow it to be considered"

Actually, he did, as Tusk repeatedly warned him about it & told him the Referendum was a terrible gamble which could have potentially catastrophic results - so in a way, he/it was even worse than you paint.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 23:48]

In that you are so right so yep, I agree, he’s even worse. Listening skills zero.

What I meant though was that he could before he went grovelling to the EU he could have explored and understood the options and consequences of leave. It would have strengthened his hand with the Tuskmeister and co and it would have provided more substance than the lies, rhetoric and fearmongering that characterised the referendum.

This is not the gift of hindsight. And his actions in this are typical of this government. No research needed, just do it, whether it’s crucifying the police to save money, slashing council budgets without bothering to work out what the outcome might be or the disgraceful Windrush scandal.
Login to get fewer ads

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:00 - May 24 with 595 viewschicoazul

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:56 - May 24 by Churchman

In that you are so right so yep, I agree, he’s even worse. Listening skills zero.

What I meant though was that he could before he went grovelling to the EU he could have explored and understood the options and consequences of leave. It would have strengthened his hand with the Tuskmeister and co and it would have provided more substance than the lies, rhetoric and fearmongering that characterised the referendum.

This is not the gift of hindsight. And his actions in this are typical of this government. No research needed, just do it, whether it’s crucifying the police to save money, slashing council budgets without bothering to work out what the outcome might be or the disgraceful Windrush scandal.

No Etonian PPE born to rule scumbag should ever be given the keys to the kingdom ever again. Oh hello Boris, please come in, you sometimes say long words and you wrote a few terrible books, here are the Trident codes, please continue to slowly kill the most disadvantaged people in our society.

Give Us Gove!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:02 - May 24 with 591 viewsGlasgowBlue

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:56 - May 24 by Churchman

You’re aware that the Windrush debacle wouldn’t have occurred had the previous Labour government not decided to destroy the landing cars records?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43835664

Iron Lion Zion

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:03 - May 24 with 590 viewsDanTheMan

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:00 - May 24 by chicoazul

No Etonian PPE born to rule scumbag should ever be given the keys to the kingdom ever again. Oh hello Boris, please come in, you sometimes say long words and you wrote a few terrible books, here are the Trident codes, please continue to slowly kill the most disadvantaged people in our society.

Give Us Gove!

He's too sensible, it'll end up being bloody Boris.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:04 - May 24 with 587 viewsGlasgowBlue

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:03 - May 24 by DanTheMan

He's too sensible, it'll end up being bloody Boris.

Worryingly it’s starting to look very likely to be Boris.

Iron Lion Zion

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:06 - May 24 with 583 viewshampstead_blue

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 22:16 - May 23 by gazzer1999

Well the Liar Blair, will take some beating.

I'll second you.

His track record is without challenge. No PM can stand next to him for blood spilled

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:08 - May 24 with 581 viewsChurchman

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 07:39 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

“Unnecessary austerity”

Some people have very short memories. Alistair Darling, Labour’s Chancellor at the time of the recession said that if re-elected Labour planned cuts in public spending will be "deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher's in the 1980s

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-mar

I am not saying public spending didn’t need to be reigned in after labour’s sorry ‘efforts’ and the financial crisis, but Alastair Darling was proposing a more balanced approach digging this country out of the mess it was in if memory serves me right. In my view, the tory approach was as much about ideology (seizing on the chance of their nirvana of small State etc) as economic necessity.

For the record, I thought Darling was very competent by comparison with his predecessor and successors. Shame he worked for Brown
Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:10 - May 24 with 577 viewschicoazul

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:06 - May 24 by hampstead_blue

I'll second you.

His track record is without challenge. No PM can stand next to him for blood spilled

If we are talking about the criteria for worst PM being "killed loads" then Churchill has Blair beat about a thousand times over.

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:16 - May 24 with 565 viewsChurchman

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:02 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

You’re aware that the Windrush debacle wouldn’t have occurred had the previous Labour government not decided to destroy the landing cars records?

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:16 - May 24 with 560 viewsKeaneish

She's been in an impossible situation since day one. Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, Cameron, there have been a few shockers in recent memory!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:19 - May 24 with 553 viewsGeoffSentence

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 20:41 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

I think Cameron deserves a special mention, being the melt who kicked this all off and then ran away and hid.

Cameron at least managed to get some things achieved in his time, some of it good, same sex marriage for instance, some of it he may not have wanted but at least didn't stop his Lib Dem partners from introducing - the 10K tax limit for instance.

TM on the other hand has achieved nothing, what she has tried to do she has failed on miserably and even by the standards she set herself when she became prime minister, those burning injustices, she hasn't even started on them.

By all measures TM has been an utter failure and is streets ahead for worst PM in my lifetime,

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:22 - May 24 with 548 viewsitfcjoe

For me she is, she has just spent her whole time trying to cling onto power and nothing more.

She hasn't engaged or got anyone on side, she and her advisers called an ill timed General Election and then ran a terrible campaign where they tried to sell her 'personality', then had to get into bed with the backwards DUP at great cost.

She has just tried to steam roll everything through with no attempt to gain consensus with anyone - she has not been able to get remainers, ERG or Labour on side at all - she has tried to appeal to everyone but has appealed to no-one.

She's a micro manager, not a head of state.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:24 - May 24 with 546 viewshampstead_blue

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:10 - May 24 by chicoazul

If we are talking about the criteria for worst PM being "killed loads" then Churchill has Blair beat about a thousand times over.

I was waiting for Churchill's name to be mentioned. He did drop a few clangers I recall.

His war was 'legal' and pretty much saved us from the Germans.

Blair's was based on his ego and lies.

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:39 - May 24 with 521 viewsChurchman

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:02 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

I did and I think the labour governments were dreadful in so many ways. But that doesn’t detract from how the tories ‘handled’ it, in my view. The epic failings of successive governments throughout so much of my lifetime suggests we need parliamentary reform!
[Post edited 24 May 2019 9:13]
Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:57 - May 24 with 486 viewsSwansea_Blue

Presumably because they had no intentions of revolking the rights to remain of people who'd been contributing to society and bringing up British families for decades?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will Teresa May go down as the worst PM in the country’s political history? on 08:59 - May 24 with 487 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Cameron did his best to try and get some concessions from the EU, but typical EU did not bend for us, hence the referendum.

Gus Uhlenbeek

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024