Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Champions League Final tickets 08:58 - May 24 with 1688 viewsitfcjoe

Went out for a beer last night with a mate who is a Spurs fan and he has managed to get a ticket officially for the game through club - 6 rows back from the front behind the goal and ticket was only £/€60. Said that the pricing of Tier 1-4 seems to be the wrong way round and the more expensive tickets are worse seats in his view.

Not bad though, he had flights booked into Portugal with an overnight coach to madrid, but Ryanair released a new one on Saturday morning for £190 so snapped that up, and within half an hour was over £500 a ticket (one way).

Return journey doesn't sound much fun though - 6 in the morning after the game from Madrid to Seville, Seville to Eindhoven and Eindhoven back into London!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Champions League Final tickets on 09:02 - May 24 with 1626 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Depends on what view you prefer.

6 rows back, behind the goal would be one of may last choices to view a game from.

Fair play for getting a ticket though!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yep, one of my mates got a £60 ticket.... on 09:10 - May 24 with 1596 viewsBloots

....he's 4 rows back directly behind the goal.

He was moaning that he'd have to look through the net.

I reminded him that he was going to The Champions League Final with his club, whereas I was going to Rochdale, Accrington and Shrewsbury with mine.

He's going by coach, two day journey with stop offs at San Sebastian and an overnight at Burgos. £250.

I'm not jealous.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Champions League Final tickets on 09:16 - May 24 with 1558 viewsJakeITFC

UEFA always seem to have the worst/cheapest categories as behind the goal, which is great for me because that's where I like to sit.

Our tickets for the Holland game at the Nations League finals are €30 behind the goal.
Yep, one of my mates got a £60 ticket.... on 09:18 - May 24 with 1541 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Yep, one of my mates got a £60 ticket.... on 09:10 - May 24 by Bloots

I reminded him that he was going to The Champions League Final with his club, whereas I was going to Rochdale, Accrington and Shrewsbury with mine.

He's going by coach, two day journey with stop offs at San Sebastian and an overnight at Burgos. £250.

I'm not jealous.

whats wrong with Shrewsbury?

Gus Uhlenbeek

Champions League Final tickets on 09:19 - May 24 with 1536 viewsbrazil1982

Sounds good. Could be a miserable trip back if they lose though.
It's too close to Wales.... on 09:29 - May 24 with 1485 viewsBloots

Yep, one of my mates got a £60 ticket.... on 09:18 - May 24 by ShropshireBluenago09

whats wrong with Shrewsbury?

....I remember going there in the late 80's, it pis5ed down with rain for the entire match and the corrugated iron roof covering the away "end" had more holes than iron in it.

I got soaked.

Pretty sure it was 0-0 as well, but I may be wrong.

Champions League Final tickets on 09:29 - May 24 with 1484 viewsGarv

A lot of effort to watch a defeat.

In all seriousness I can't call it but it should be a very decent spectacle.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Champions League Final tickets on 09:37 - May 24 with 1455 viewsitfcjoe

Champions League Final tickets on 09:02 - May 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Depends on what view you prefer.

6 rows back, behind the goal would be one of may last choices to view a game from.

Fair play for getting a ticket though!!

It's basically in the same place as his ST at both the old and the new WHL so he's happy with is as is used to watching from there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Champions League Final tickets on 09:47 - May 24 with 1425 viewsJ2BLUE

Champions League Final tickets on 09:16 - May 24 by JakeITFC

UEFA always seem to have the worst/cheapest categories as behind the goal, which is great for me because that's where I like to sit.

Our tickets for the Holland game at the Nations League finals are €30 behind the goal.

Same with Euro 2020 tickets. They are cheapest behind the goal by some distance.

Does anyone know if you apply for different priced tickets (behind the goal, at the side etc) do you still have a chance to get the cheaper tickets or are you only put into the ballot for the most expensive?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's too close to Wales.... on 09:49 - May 24 with 1413 viewsShropshireBluenago09

It's too close to Wales.... on 09:29 - May 24 by Bloots

....I remember going there in the late 80's, it pis5ed down with rain for the entire match and the corrugated iron roof covering the away "end" had more holes than iron in it.

I got soaked.

Pretty sure it was 0-0 as well, but I may be wrong.

LOL, that was the old Gay Meadow, with gutter urinals! The away end was a dump.
Much better facilities now at the New Meadow.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Champions League Final tickets on 09:54 - May 24 with 1367 viewsBloomBlue

Wouldn't he be better off staying in Madrid for a couple of days and then return back?
Champions League Final tickets on 09:55 - May 24 with 1353 viewsTractorCam

All down to personal preference, naturally the view from the sides/half way line is the best as you can see everything, but I prefer being behind the goals as I feel more involved there, naturally the atmosphere is better in most cases behind the goals.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Champions League Final tickets on 09:57 - May 24 with 1349 viewsTractorCam

Champions League Final tickets on 09:47 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Same with Euro 2020 tickets. They are cheapest behind the goal by some distance.

Does anyone know if you apply for different priced tickets (behind the goal, at the side etc) do you still have a chance to get the cheaper tickets or are you only put into the ballot for the most expensive?

Whatever you apply for is what you will get. I will be applying for a fair spread of games around different venues, probably all category 3, although the downside is you have less chance of getting tickets that way.

I reckon that... on 10:07 - May 24 with 1308 viewsBloots

Champions League Final tickets on 09:54 - May 24 by BloomBlue

Wouldn't he be better off staying in Madrid for a couple of days and then return back?

....the hotels might be a bit busy.

Champions League Final tickets on 10:07 - May 24 with 1309 viewsJakeITFC

Champions League Final tickets on 09:47 - May 24 by J2BLUE

I think you have the option to tick a box which gives you the option to take tickets in one category up or down from which you applied.
Champions League Final tickets on 10:08 - May 24 with 1297 viewsJ2BLUE

Champions League Final tickets on 09:57 - May 24 by TractorCam

Whatever you apply for is what you will get. I will be applying for a fair spread of games around different venues, probably all category 3, although the downside is you have less chance of getting tickets that way.

So you can only apply for one category of tickets?

They have category 1, 2, 3 and 'fans first' which are just cheaper category 3 tickets. Would I not be able to apply for categories 2, 3 and fans first? Annoying if not.

Truly impaired.

Champions League Final tickets on 10:38 - May 24 with 1229 viewsTractorCam

Champions League Final tickets on 10:08 - May 24 by J2BLUE

So you can only apply for one category of tickets?

They have category 1, 2, 3 and 'fans first' which are just cheaper category 3 tickets. Would I not be able to apply for categories 2, 3 and fans first? Annoying if not.

Ah, i'm not sure you might be able to apply for more than 1 category for the same game, although if you wanted to do that you may as well just apply for just 1 or 2 as that is the higher chance of getting tickets.

Fans first means memberships, so presuming you're English it will be near impossible for this.

Champions League Final tickets on 10:56 - May 24 with 1166 viewsBiGDonnie

Champions League Final tickets on 09:29 - May 24 by Garv

A lot of effort to watch a defeat.

In all seriousness I can't call it but it should be a very decent spectacle.

All depends whether Harry Kane plays, if he does they (we ) have a chance.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Champions League Final tickets on 11:03 - May 24 with 1145 viewsJ2BLUE

Champions League Final tickets on 10:38 - May 24 by TractorCam

Ah, i'm not sure you might be able to apply for more than 1 category for the same game, although if you wanted to do that you may as well just apply for just 1 or 2 as that is the higher chance of getting tickets.

Fans first means memberships, so presuming you're English it will be near impossible for this.

Fans first means memberships

Does it? I thought there was equal chance for all. I realise there will be immense competition for those. To be honest, I wanted to apply for everything in England and the potential England game in Dublin as you get a certain time to pay for your tickets after the ballot so I though I would see what I got and decide afterwards.

Truly impaired.

Champions League Final tickets on 11:53 - May 24 with 1026 viewsTractorCam

Champions League Final tickets on 11:03 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Fans first means memberships

Does it? I thought there was equal chance for all. I realise there will be immense competition for those. To be honest, I wanted to apply for everything in England and the potential England game in Dublin as you get a certain time to pay for your tickets after the ballot so I though I would see what I got and decide afterwards.

Yep, fans first will be England travel memberships as technically although games are home soil it's still a tournament. Depending on how many tickets we get then they might just go to the general supporters club but i'd say unlikely.

Champions League Final tickets on 12:48 - May 24 with 931 viewsTractorWood

Champions League Final tickets on 11:53 - May 24 by TractorCam

Yep, fans first will be England travel memberships as technically although games are home soil it's still a tournament. Depending on how many tickets we get then they might just go to the general supporters club but i'd say unlikely.

I'm a member of the England travel club and did every game at Euro 2016. Just join the England Supporters travel club. Your chances of getting tickets through that are far better than the general ballot, even if you have zero caps. Also you'll actually be in the away end and not sat next to the director of Continental for Berkshire and Surrey.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 12:53]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Champions League Final tickets on 12:53 - May 24 with 902 viewsTractorCam

Champions League Final tickets on 12:48 - May 24 by TractorWood

I'm a member of the England travel club and did every game at Euro 2016. Just join the England Supporters travel club. Your chances of getting tickets through that are far better than the general ballot, even if you have zero caps. Also you'll actually be in the away end and not sat next to the director of Continental for Berkshire and Surrey.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 12:53]

But is it worth the £70 if you can't guarantee it? Did you not attend any away games for the qualifiers of 2016?

Yep, one of my mates got a £60 ticket.... on 13:00 - May 24 with 877 viewstextbackup

Yep, one of my mates got a £60 ticket.... on 09:10 - May 24 by Bloots

I'm not jealous.

is that coach from Liverpool street..... as my workmate is doing that exact route

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Champions League Final tickets on 13:05 - May 24 with 842 viewsTractorWood

Champions League Final tickets on 12:53 - May 24 by TractorCam

But is it worth the £70 if you can't guarantee it? Did you not attend any away games for the qualifiers of 2016?

You can't guarantee anything. This is tickets to a major final. Demand is high.

I did lots of qualifiers for 2016. However, you would have got tickets to Russia in Marseille and Slovakia in Saint Etienne with no caps. Wales in Lens was believed to be around 18 caps but everyone knew this was a key game against a home nation 90 minutes from Calais.

If you get bumped up a category for one game you'll see hundreds of Euro's increase on the price. Usually, there are emails well in advance from the FA listing second chance sales, it's where any additional allocation goes and first come first served tickets for fans at uber short notice too. If you are keen to go and watch your emails it's pretty straight forward.

I got an email from the FA yesterday saying I can have a ticket for £59 for the Dutch game in a few weeks.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024