Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) 10:35 - May 24 with 1491 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:38 - May 24 with 1484 viewsWeWereZombies

Its still Thatcher, she set the bar very high.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:43 - May 24 with 1460 viewsHeathlander

Paul Mason
Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:52 - May 24 with 1434 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:43 - May 24 by Heathlander

Paul Mason

If we are going down that route I would put Peter Morris down as slightly worse than Paul Mason but I think either of them in their pomp would have walked into last season's team and kept us up.

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:57 - May 24 with 1423 viewsDarth_Koont

Absolutely.

People mention Cameron and him running away. And that's a fair point.

But May put herself forward as the solution to a real situation and utterly blew it over the next three years. Showing herself to be as incompetent and ignorant of the issues as the worst of them.

Her main feck-up IMO was when she took on the job (and a marginal Leave victory) and started talking like a no deal fantasist. People might say that was an early negotiation tactic but it set the entirely wrong battlelines with the EU and, crucially, at home in the UK.

It's also a negotiation tactic that's useless when you then follow through by appointing Davis then Raab as Brexit secretary and having Liam Fox and Boris Johnson supposedly covering the flanks. That's a supremely useless and incompetent team for negotiating anything worthwhile. It's a "no deal" team almost by default.

So, having set us off on the wrong direction she then just fumbled her way through three years of party politics while the country (individual people and businesses) picks up the cost. And took evident pride in her shoddy Thatcher tribute act as a supposedly strong leader. That included an awful GE and an even worse alliance with the DUP to put her and the country even deeper in the mire.

Given the overall story, I can't really think of a redeeming point in her time as PM . Some snazzy trouser suits?

Pronouns: He/Him

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:58 - May 24 with 1421 viewsChurchman

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:52 - May 24 by WeWereZombies

If we are going down that route I would put Peter Morris down as slightly worse than Paul Mason but I think either of them in their pomp would have walked into last season's team and kept us up.

Peter Morris was a decent player, if my memory serves me right. Mason was decent too but didn’t do as much for ITFC as Diesel in my opinion.
Best PM: my favourite player, Paul Mariner!
Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:00 - May 24 with 1350 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:09 - May 24 with 1332 viewsBloomBlue

It's Blair it will never change irrelevant how many times the question is asked. No other PM has ever deliberately sent British forces to their death off the back of lies just to improve their own personal wealth.
Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:12 - May 24 with 1323 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:58 - May 24 by Churchman

Peter Morris was a decent player, if my memory serves me right. Mason was decent too but didn’t do as much for ITFC as Diesel in my opinion.
Best PM: my favourite player, Paul Mariner!

Thinking about it Mason was a bit of a precursor for Jon Walters, foraged a great deal and put in a lot of nice touches to assist strikes that not everybody noticed. Also somewhat let down by indifferent players around him. That Mason did not go on to shine at another team in the way Walters did at Stoke was down to their being at Town at different stages in their career - which makes Mason's contribution all the more remarkable as he was in his thirties for most of his time at Portman Road.

Login to get fewer ads

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:14 - May 24 with 1313 viewsElephantintheRoom

Worst home secretary ever, maybe - but Dave 'Big Society' Cameron is the worst PM ever by a country mile.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:16 - May 24 with 1299 viewsHerbivore

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:09 - May 24 by BloomBlue

It's Blair it will never change irrelevant how many times the question is asked. No other PM has ever deliberately sent British forces to their death off the back of lies just to improve their own personal wealth.

Nor did Blair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:16 - May 24 with 1296 viewsJimmyJazz

BCWYWF

If Johnson gets in then you'll see the worst PM

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:19 - May 24 with 1288 viewsSwansea_Blue

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:14 - May 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Worst home secretary ever, maybe - but Dave 'Big Society' Cameron is the worst PM ever by a country mile.

At least we were all in it together with me old mucker Dave

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:24 - May 24 with 1268 viewsVaughan8

The worst because she hasn't got an impossible deal through? "lets just fcuk the EU and leave". Its that simple.....! haha

She hasn't been great but it'll be interesting to see how the new person deals with Brexit. I'm guessing its not going to improve much!
Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 16:54 - May 24 with 1189 viewsHerbivore

Cameron v May is a bit like Keane v Jewell.

One completely destroyed the fabric of the club (or country) through their hubris and hunger for power far outweighing their talent. The other inherited a mess and was woefully incapable of carrying out the job a hand, remarkably managing to make a bad situation worse over the course of a couple of years.

Pick your poison really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 17:01 - May 24 with 1175 viewspositivity

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:16 - May 24 by JimmyJazz

BCWYWF

If Johnson gets in then you'll see the worst PM

bcwywf indeed, i think mccarthy would be worse...

so would raab, johnson, rees-mogg. i can't think of anyone in the tory party who'd be better by the amount needed to bring the country back together.

matthew parris gave an interesting perspective today that boris would be the only person capable of delivering remain... if only he had the bravery to admit he was wrong

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 17:09 - May 24 with 1164 viewsChurchman

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 13:12 - May 24 by WeWereZombies

Thinking about it Mason was a bit of a precursor for Jon Walters, foraged a great deal and put in a lot of nice touches to assist strikes that not everybody noticed. Also somewhat let down by indifferent players around him. That Mason did not go on to shine at another team in the way Walters did at Stoke was down to their being at Town at different stages in their career - which makes Mason's contribution all the more remarkable as he was in his thirties for most of his time at Portman Road.

Walters was more physical and a marginally better player overall for me but my memory of Mason was a player with a lovely touch and a bit of class about him. Worked hard too. A good player.
Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 17:10 - May 24 with 1159 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 16:54 - May 24 by Herbivore

Cameron v May is a bit like Keane v Jewell.

One completely destroyed the fabric of the club (or country) through their hubris and hunger for power far outweighing their talent. The other inherited a mess and was woefully incapable of carrying out the job a hand, remarkably managing to make a bad situation worse over the course of a couple of years.

Pick your poison really.

Cameron and May have been bad but I think your comparisons go too far...

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 17:14 - May 24 with 1149 viewscatch74

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 17:09 - May 24 by Churchman

Walters was more physical and a marginally better player overall for me but my memory of Mason was a player with a lovely touch and a bit of class about him. Worked hard too. A good player.

This could win this years most disjointed thread award.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 17:24 - May 24 with 1142 viewsChurchman

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 17:14 - May 24 by catch74

This could win this years most disjointed thread award.

True! 👍. But a bit of variety n all that - and I’ve already offered my view on the medal contenders for worst PM
Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 17:54 - May 24 with 1110 viewsClapham_Junction

Worst PM in recent history? (n/t) on 10:52 - May 24 by WeWereZombies

Piotr Malarczyk?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024