Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread 15:27 - May 24 with 6714 viewsGeoffSentence

Remember how tenuous his hold on the labour leadership was back in 2015. Plots upon plots to oust him, the media dead set against him, all sorts of attacks upon him from all quarters, some spurious, some furious.

And here we are now and he has seen off two Tory leaders, a Green Party leader, several UKIPs, a Liberal Democrat and Plaid Cymru.

Still he stands.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:30 - May 24 with 2891 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, he stands no closer to being in number 10, but I take your point.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:33 - May 24 with 2875 viewshomer_123

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:30 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

I refer the honourable Moose to:

1. Trump would never be the POTUS
2. Corbyn will never become the Labour leader
3. Boris will never become PM

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:34 - May 24 with 2869 viewsOldsmoker

What a guy.
And to think he's achieved all that just sitting on the fence and saying nothing.
When he eventually gets off the fence he'll be awesome.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:35 - May 24 with 2862 viewsDarth_Koont

The attacks on him have been very loud but ultimately very empty.

If they wanted to get rid of him then they should have actually disagreed on his actual policies and positions or his competence to lead. Like his personal position on the EU which I profoundly disagree with as being valid in 2019.

Problem is that his chief attackers either didn't disagree themselves with his policies, their own take on things is skewed as much if not more or they're incompetent but just in another way.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:35 - May 24 with 2864 viewsEireannach_gorm

Do pigeons sh1t on him too.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:38 - May 24 with 2851 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:33 - May 24 by homer_123

I refer the honourable Moose to:

1. Trump would never be the POTUS
2. Corbyn will never become the Labour leader
3. Boris will never become PM

Oh I'm not saying he won't end up there. He's just taking a REALLY long and complicated route.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:41 - May 24 with 2841 viewsSteve_M

I think you are mistaking correlation for causation here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:43 - May 24 with 2835 viewsJ2BLUE

Surely if he can't beat BJ who large sections of society believe is fairly right wing it's time to admit that perhaps society as a whole might not be as liberal and progressive as many people think?

I've been putting the theory forward for a couple of years now that people are a lot more conservative and traditional in private than they are in public which is why we keep having these political 'shocks'

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:47 - May 24 with 2807 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well that's just nonsense. Back then people weren't remotely worried. Glassers said he wasn't a threat.

He's definitely closer to being in number 10.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:47 - May 24 with 2808 viewsBloomBlue

Just shows the strength momentum have in controlling the Labour party
Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:50 - May 24 with 2798 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn taking it to the nation

It's probably the best approach. Standing up and wanting to be counted in this political climate, especially wrt Brexit, is political suicide. Although whilst not engaging with external events, he probably should have tackled the antisemitism in his party - that'll come back to bite him on the bum.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 15:50]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:52 - May 24 with 2791 viewsgiant_stow

'Seen off' suggests he helped get rid of them, when he actually had more in common with May on brexit than his members.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:52 - May 24 with 2786 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:43 - May 24 by J2BLUE

Surely if he can't beat BJ who large sections of society believe is fairly right wing it's time to admit that perhaps society as a whole might not be as liberal and progressive as many people think?

I've been putting the theory forward for a couple of years now that people are a lot more conservative and traditional in private than they are in public which is why we keep having these political 'shocks'

I'm not sure people are commies in the street, and gammons in the sheets so much.

I think it is more to do with the cult of personality. When was the last time Labour had a really smooth operator who was perceived as widely likeable, and was able to promote a clear policy vision? Probably Blair. Even Cameron was pretty presentable to the public, certainly compared to May. Johnson appeals in this way, in the banter era, despite being an odious chunt.

Corbyn isn't any of those things, and when you combine the lack of action in combating his party's issues with antisemetism and his failure to back a second referendum it's not that surprising that many lefties like me are looking elsewhere with their votes.

Perhaps Tories are just more attached to their party and don;t deviate so easily, or perhaps they don't really have any other moderately conservative parties to vote for so stick with the Conservatives..

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:54 - May 24 with 2775 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:47 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Well that's just nonsense. Back then people weren't remotely worried. Glassers said he wasn't a threat.

With all due respect, you're too in love with him for me to consider your opinion well balanced. I'll look to other more sceptical posters for their thoughts.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:56 - May 24 with 2767 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Corbyn is the kid that used to stand right by the goal when you played Wembley at school.

He'd let the others run around, get knackered, kick each other to pieces and he'd just stick his leg out and deflect a goal-bound shot in to progress each round.

Whilst the Conservatives, UKIP, Lib Dems and everyone else are getting injured and tired and getting knocked out, he's just patiently waiting.

Maybe he's a genius that planned to sit back and watch everyone else commit political suicide until he's the best option left.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 15:57]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:58 - May 24 with 2754 viewsJ2BLUE

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:52 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure people are commies in the street, and gammons in the sheets so much.

I think it is more to do with the cult of personality. When was the last time Labour had a really smooth operator who was perceived as widely likeable, and was able to promote a clear policy vision? Probably Blair. Even Cameron was pretty presentable to the public, certainly compared to May. Johnson appeals in this way, in the banter era, despite being an odious chunt.

Corbyn isn't any of those things, and when you combine the lack of action in combating his party's issues with antisemetism and his failure to back a second referendum it's not that surprising that many lefties like me are looking elsewhere with their votes.

Perhaps Tories are just more attached to their party and don;t deviate so easily, or perhaps they don't really have any other moderately conservative parties to vote for so stick with the Conservatives..

You make some good points but i'm convinced my theory is, in part, the explanation as to why these things keep happening.

Truly impaired.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:59 - May 24 with 2750 viewsJ2BLUE

I agree. I don't think he's ever been closer to becoming PM.

Truly impaired.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:03 - May 24 with 2734 viewsBloomBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:59 - May 24 by J2BLUE

I agree. I don't think he's ever been closer to becoming PM.

Disagree if there was a GE he would have to come off the fence on Brexit and that will damage him which ever side he chooses.
Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:03 - May 24 with 2731 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:58 - May 24 by J2BLUE

You make some good points but i'm convinced my theory is, in part, the explanation as to why these things keep happening.

You could well be right, just espousing my own theory. I think the shy Tory is a real thing, I just don't think there are that many folk pretending to be lefties then voting for right wing parties at the ballot box.

How political is your average person anyway? How much are the swayed by the way the media portrays the candidates? I imagine that plays a part too. Sometimes folk don't really know what they are voting for, but like the person heading up the party.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:05 - May 24 with 2723 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:03 - May 24 by BloomBlue

Disagree if there was a GE he would have to come off the fence on Brexit and that will damage him which ever side he chooses.

I actually agree a bit with you here. He's been trying to hide as much as possible. Can't do that when you're campaigning to be the boss.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:12 - May 24 with 2697 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:54 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

With all due respect, you're too in love with him for me to consider your opinion well balanced. I'll look to other more sceptical posters for their thoughts.

So because I happen to support some of his views (I don't support him on the EU) I'm in love with him?

You've got really rather pathetic lately. Often angry, and in this instance childish. You also seem to be the most prolific poster on TWTD. Is everything alright with you?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:15 - May 24 with 2682 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:12 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

So because I happen to support some of his views (I don't support him on the EU) I'm in love with him?

You've got really rather pathetic lately. Often angry, and in this instance childish. You also seem to be the most prolific poster on TWTD. Is everything alright with you?

Well, that's a bit dramatic.

This is exactly what I mean though. One slight criticism of Saint Jeremy and you're off putting the melt in meltdown again.

Honestly Dollers, fook off. I'm bored of your teenage flouncing.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:23 - May 24 with 2650 viewsGeoffSentence

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 15:41 - May 24 by Steve_M

I think you are mistaking correlation for causation here.

You are mistaking both for observation.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:34 - May 24 with 2625 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:15 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

Well, that's a bit dramatic.

This is exactly what I mean though. One slight criticism of Saint Jeremy and you're off putting the melt in meltdown again.

Honestly Dollers, fook off. I'm bored of your teenage flouncing.

Not me who's flouncing, clearly.

I hope whatever's troubling you passes soon. You used to be quite a funny, chilled out poster.

Yet Another Jeremy Corbyn Thread on 16:38 - May 24 with 2609 viewsfactual_blue

That's of course why glassers joined the Labour Party to vote for Jeremy Corbyn as leader.

He bottled out though.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024