Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So it's Paderborn on 6th July 15:32 - May 24 with 3274 viewsFreddies_Ears

At 3pm, played in a tiny, 2,000 ground on the edge of Bielefeld.

That is, if Bielefeld really exists.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 15:35 - May 24 with 3237 viewsuefacup81

Of course it does, I've seen signs for it! ;-)

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 15:41 - May 24 with 3194 viewsitfcjoe

I know pre season is for the players and not the fans, but if the fixtures the following week are in a poor location it will be quite frustrating for those who have been gagging to do something not in Dublin for the last few years - when you see the turnout in Dusseldorf there is the appetite for it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 15:55 - May 24 with 3081 viewsFreddies_Ears

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 15:41 - May 24 by itfcjoe

I know pre season is for the players and not the fans, but if the fixtures the following week are in a poor location it will be quite frustrating for those who have been gagging to do something not in Dublin for the last few years - when you see the turnout in Dusseldorf there is the appetite for it

Bielefeld looks like a decent place and I doubt we'll take 2,000 anyway!
Population of 350k, and some interesting-looking bars. Suits me.

If you want to combine it with a city you can easily fly to, Hannover is only an hour away by frequent train, and is a fabulous beer drinking city.
The major insurer based there is known in the trade as the "Hangover Re" for a good reason.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 15:58 - May 24 with 3070 viewsiamipswich

It's a shame because a developing link with Fortuna Dusseldorf is so perfect. They're a large club with a great fan-base but aren't so big we will get swept under the rug. Dusseldorf is an amazing city which is well-located and has lovely weather at this time and provides the perfect opportunity for a football weekend away.

I'm sure there were all sorts of logistical reasons that have stopped us from playing Fortuna but it's a great shame it's not happening this summer as our previous outing there was a really wonderful experience that I think even more Town fans would be keen to take advantage of.

Poll: Who will return first?

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:00 - May 24 with 3050 viewsTractorCam

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 15:58 - May 24 by iamipswich

It's a shame because a developing link with Fortuna Dusseldorf is so perfect. They're a large club with a great fan-base but aren't so big we will get swept under the rug. Dusseldorf is an amazing city which is well-located and has lovely weather at this time and provides the perfect opportunity for a football weekend away.

I'm sure there were all sorts of logistical reasons that have stopped us from playing Fortuna but it's a great shame it's not happening this summer as our previous outing there was a really wonderful experience that I think even more Town fans would be keen to take advantage of.

Still got the tournament to announce so may play them in there.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:02 - May 24 with 3047 viewsitfcjoe

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 15:55 - May 24 by Freddies_Ears

If you want to combine it with a city you can easily fly to, Hannover is only an hour away by frequent train, and is a fabulous beer drinking city.
The major insurer based there is known in the trade as the "Hangover Re" for a good reason.

I'll send you my card and passport details once the second weekend is announced for you to sort my trip out for me...

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:19 - May 24 with 2981 viewsFreddies_Ears

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:02 - May 24 by itfcjoe

I'll send you my card and passport details once the second weekend is announced for you to sort my trip out for me...

Heehee! I am kind of hoping the "Dutch-German border" area will make it possible to do the Stena rail/sail deal that gets you from Harwich to anywhere in the NL for around £50.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:23 - May 24 with 2957 viewsitfcjoe

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:19 - May 24 by Freddies_Ears

Heehee! I am kind of hoping the "Dutch-German border" area will make it possible to do the Stena rail/sail deal that gets you from Harwich to anywhere in the NL for around £50.

Taht used to be so much better back in the seacat days when the crossing was 3 hours.

I turned up once expecting it to be 3 hours as had done it 2 or 3 times previously without realising it had changed - that was loooooooong

Login to get fewer ads

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:33 - May 24 with 2909 viewsSWGF

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:23 - May 24 by itfcjoe

Taht used to be so much better back in the seacat days when the crossing was 3 hours.

I turned up once expecting it to be 3 hours as had done it 2 or 3 times previously without realising it had changed - that was loooooooong

Overnight in a cabin is OK. Did that a couple of months ago to watch a Utrecht match. Sunday afternoon crossing, on the way home, was a bit of a stretch but there was plenty of room to get comfy.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:53 - May 24 with 2807 viewsiamipswich

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:00 - May 24 by TractorCam

Still got the tournament to announce so may play them in there.

Hopefully but it sounds like Dusseldorf's schedule will make it tricky for us to cross paths this year. Maybe next year after promotion where spirits and participation will be even higher!

Poll: Who will return first?

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:57 - May 24 with 2783 viewsstig4532

Really want to go to this - does anyone know if the club will offer transport options?
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 17:30 - May 24 with 2673 viewsuefacup81

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 15:55 - May 24 by Freddies_Ears

It certainly would be a decent place, if it actually existed...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 18:15 - May 24 with 2569 viewsTractorCam

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:57 - May 24 by stig4532

Really want to go to this - does anyone know if the club will offer transport options?

They mentioned how they will offer packages once all the fixtures are out so keep your eyes peeled.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 18:29 - May 24 with 2541 viewsZurichBlue

I lived in Bielefeld for 6 years and Paderborn for 3 years when I was in the Army. Both are nice towns, Bielefeld in particular. Bielefeld were previously in the Bundesliga and I had some great times with the vocal local fans, drinking beer in the stands throughout the game! I’m looking forward to returning for this game!

(There’s a small airport near Paderborn where I used to fly to Stansted from, but no idea what routes are available nowadays.)
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 18:34 - May 24 with 2531 viewslinhdi

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 18:15 - May 24 by TractorCam

They mentioned how they will offer packages once all the fixtures are out so keep your eyes peeled.

More likely they'll do something for the 2 games the next weekend.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 19:19 - May 24 with 2446 viewspaulmarci

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 18:29 - May 24 by ZurichBlue

I lived in Bielefeld for 6 years and Paderborn for 3 years when I was in the Army. Both are nice towns, Bielefeld in particular. Bielefeld were previously in the Bundesliga and I had some great times with the vocal local fans, drinking beer in the stands throughout the game! I’m looking forward to returning for this game!

(There’s a small airport near Paderborn where I used to fly to Stansted from, but no idea what routes are available nowadays.)

Was going to say ask the army boys who will know it well as my son was posted there as well as other camps.Will see what routes he knows of that still exist since we pulled everyone out.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 14:46 - May 25 with 2008 viewstextbackup

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 16:19 - May 24 by Freddies_Ears

its not £50 anymore

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 22:20 - May 25 with 1829 viewsFreddies_Ears

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 14:46 - May 25 by textbackup

its not £50 anymore

It was 2 weeks ago.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 22:38 - May 25 with 1803 viewsPhilTWTD

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 19:19 - May 24 by paulmarci

Was going to say ask the army boys who will know it well as my son was posted there as well as other camps.Will see what routes he knows of that still exist since we pulled everyone out.

My dad was in the army in Bielefled as well.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 06:15 - May 26 with 1675 viewsbrogansnose

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 14:46 - May 25 by textbackup

its not £50 anymore

From what I can see on their website it starts at £55 and that train ticket needs to be used on the day of travel to get you there and its one way.

I'll probably do the weekend tournament, get there by the ferry and throw Euros getting around on the local public transport which has got to be better than that over here.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 09:41 - May 26 with 1549 viewsTheSelkirk

So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 19:19 - May 24 by paulmarci

Also spent time there - quite a nice area.
So it's Paderborn on 6th July on 11:33 - May 26 with 1442 viewsblaggers

How much are flights from Stansted for the weekend - Ryanair quoting me over £300 return to Dortmund. It's hardly the Champions League...

Poll: What happens next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024