Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new signing in action 17:33 - May 25 with 3866 viewsGeoffSentence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46296349

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Our new signing in action on 17:41 - May 25 with 3528 viewspointofblue

Well he’ll fit in.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our new signing in action on 17:49 - May 25 with 3472 viewsTractorCam

Just been sent this video on Giovani Dos Santos, hope we don't sign him now.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Our new signing in action on 06:10 - May 26 with 3109 viewsvinitasinghpb

hello
Our new signing in action on 07:39 - May 26 with 3050 viewsTractorchef

Have seen worse from our £1.5m rated, highest earner, three times player of the year to be fair!
Our new signing in action on 10:42 - May 26 with 2856 viewsHerbivore

At fault for two of the goals but made a good save in there too. All keepers make mistakes to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our new signing in action on 13:49 - May 26 with 2691 viewschristiand

Our new signing in action on 10:42 - May 26 by Herbivore

At fault for two of the goals but made a good save in there too. All keepers make mistakes to be fair.

That first goal was a concern, the cross came a long way in and he hardly moved. For a goalkeeper his size you'd expect him to come and dominate that situation. As you say, all keepers make mistakes it's how you react afterwards which is the crucial factor.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Our new signing in action on 15:31 - May 26 with 2573 viewsGeoffSentence

Our new signing in action on 10:42 - May 26 by Herbivore

Here's another one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46979411

Our new signing in action on 15:35 - May 26 with 2563 viewspointofblue

Our new signing in action on 15:31 - May 26 by GeoffSentence

Here's another one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46979411

IIRC Gillingham fans said Holy can be great but can be awful. Any better or worse than any other League One ‘keeper? Probably not. It’d be nice to have someone slightly more secure in goal now but we’re a tier three club - we’re not going to get one.

Login to get fewer ads

Our new signing in action on 16:21 - May 26 with 2473 viewsGluedtoBlue

To be fair, you could put a set of highlights together to make David De Gea look rubbish if you wanted to.

Look where Holy has spent his career and look where we are, he'll have mistakes in him but providing they don't happen week after week he could still be a good signing.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Our new signing in action on 16:44 - May 26 with 2412 viewsGeoffSentence

Our new signing in action on 16:21 - May 26 by GluedtoBlue

To be fair, you could put a set of highlights together to make David De Gea look rubbish if you wanted to.

Look where Holy has spent his career and look where we are, he'll have mistakes in him but providing they don't happen week after week he could still be a good signing.

I haven't put together any set of videos to do anything. There just happen to be 5 FA cup video highlights from Gillingham games on the BBC, these two are the only ones that he had anything much to do.

The others are a 1-0 win over Slough, he does have a couple of straightforward saves in that one, 0-0 vs Hartlepool and a 1-0 win vs Cardiff and for those two he has sod all to do.

They are though, a bit more rounded than the Holy highlights video that was doing the rounds earlier and only showed him making some saves.

Our new signing in action on 16:55 - May 26 with 2396 viewspointofblue

Our new signing in action on 16:44 - May 26 by GeoffSentence

I haven't put together any set of videos to do anything. There just happen to be 5 FA cup video highlights from Gillingham games on the BBC, these two are the only ones that he had anything much to do.

The others are a 1-0 win over Slough, he does have a couple of straightforward saves in that one, 0-0 vs Hartlepool and a 1-0 win vs Cardiff and for those two he has sod all to do.

They are though, a bit more rounded than the Holy highlights video that was doing the rounds earlier and only showed him making some saves.

"A bit more rounded" in showing all of his faults and none of his positives.

Our new signing in action on 16:57 - May 26 with 2388 viewsGeoffSentence

Our new signing in action on 16:55 - May 26 by pointofblue

"A bit more rounded" in showing all of his faults and none of his positives.

You know that I didn't put these videos together, don't you? They are simple highlights of some FA cup games that he was involved in and had some work to do.

Our new signing in action on 16:57 - May 26 with 2384 viewsHerbivore

They're not a bit more rounded, they're bias the other way. Let's just see how he does.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our new signing in action on 16:59 - May 26 with 2375 viewspointofblue

Our new signing in action on 16:57 - May 26 by GeoffSentence

You know that I didn't put these videos together, don't you? They are simple highlights of some FA cup games that he was involved in and had some work to do.

A bit more rounded would be posting every single league game he performed in throughout the season and let us judge on them all.

Saying that, Gills fans were saying he dropped back last season after a superb 17/18 - another Bart?

Our new signing in action on 17:00 - May 26 with 2375 viewsGeoffSentence

Our new signing in action on 16:57 - May 26 by Herbivore

They're not a bit more rounded, they're bias the other way. Let's just see how he does.

There is no bias here at all. Simply the videos on the BBC sports site in which he has some goalkeeping to do.

I make no comment on what they show.

I am a little surprised that one or two people seem to have got the hump about it.

Our new signing in action on 17:00 - May 26 with 2371 viewsGluedtoBlue

I wasn't suggesting you'd cut the videos together. Was just pointing out that every player ever to have graced the football pitch would have had games where they've made a mistake. De Gea just happens to be widely regarded as one of the best in Holy's position and if you picked out some of his matches - even from recent times - he'd look questionable.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Our new signing in action on 17:01 - May 26 with 2366 viewsGeoffSentence

Our new signing in action on 16:59 - May 26 by pointofblue

A bit more rounded would be posting every single league game he performed in throughout the season and let us judge on them all.

Saying that, Gills fans were saying he dropped back last season after a superb 17/18 - another Bart?

Yeah, I would have liked to do that but it would have required subscribing to Ifollow on the Gillingham website. The only freely available videos that could find were those from his FA Cup performances on the BBC website.

Feel free to check them out yourself.

Our new signing in action on 17:04 - May 26 with 2354 viewsGeoffSentence

Our new signing in action on 17:00 - May 26 by GluedtoBlue

I wasn't suggesting you'd cut the videos together. Was just pointing out that every player ever to have graced the football pitch would have had games where they've made a mistake. De Gea just happens to be widely regarded as one of the best in Holy's position and if you picked out some of his matches - even from recent times - he'd look questionable.

Sure, but there are only 5 videos available on the BBC website, and these ones ones are the only ones that he has much to do. The other three are still on the BBC website. The selection was simply done according to the videos that show him in action. The others don't show much of him.

Our new signing in action on 07:33 - May 27 with 2086 viewsKropotkin123

Yeah, this video exaggerates some of the issue that were prominent in the clips showing his best performances.

- Too much parrying. Needs to be trained to catch it more.
- Need to be more dominant in his box.
- Needs to get up more quickly after his first save.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Our new signing in action on 10:35 - May 27 with 1970 viewsBluesky

Our new signing in action on 15:35 - May 26 by pointofblue

IIRC Gillingham fans said Holy can be great but can be awful. Any better or worse than any other League One ‘keeper? Probably not. It’d be nice to have someone slightly more secure in goal now but we’re a tier three club - we’re not going to get one.

Perhaps our goalkeeper coach can sharpen him.
Our new signing in action on 10:57 - May 27 with 1936 viewsFifeITFC

It seems the OP is looking for our new signing to fail.

With a decent keeper coach, hopefully these weaknesses can and will be worked upon. Look how Bart flourished under Malcolm Webster, for example.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Our new signing in action on 13:44 - May 27 with 1835 viewsWhymarkmariner

Our new signing in action on 10:35 - May 27 by Bluesky

Perhaps our goalkeeper coach can sharpen him.

Let's hope he's got plenty of lead in his pencil then.
Our new signing in action on 13:59 - May 27 with 1796 viewsGeoffSentence

Our new signing in action on 10:57 - May 27 by FifeITFC

With a decent keeper coach, hopefully these weaknesses can and will be worked upon. Look how Bart flourished under Malcolm Webster, for example.

Not sure why you are saying that I am hoping for him to fail. Naturally this is false.

The videos do give a better view of him than the highlights clip that was posted immediately after his signing as they show something of his whole game rather than just the good bits.

I make no comment on what it shows.

Some people seem to think that it does not show him in the best possible light and want to blame me for that.

Our new signing in action on 00:12 - May 29 with 1516 viewsBonchosBicycle

Our new signing in action on 10:57 - May 27 by FifeITFC

I really hope he's brilliant this season but I was a little concerned even from the highlight reel. He sometimes seems to fail to hold things I'd hope he would. Worse he didn't push them out of danger either. A couple of times I thought he looked to change his mind after coming for something. Indecisiveness is seldom a positive quality for a keeper. On the other hand he seems to be a decent shot stopper and his long limbs make him a big target to beat. He also seems to have a good throw and likes to get play moving quickly. I would hope his height really helps him dominate the area - we've been poor this year against set pieces - he could change that.

It's just a few clips though. Fingers crossed he'll be a star.
Our new signing in action on 03:23 - May 29 with 1465 viewsharlingblue

Your video lowlights of our new keeper are not available to view at the moment, so I can't comment on them.
What I can say as a Town Season ticket holder, is that Bart was very poor last season, a shadow of his previous seasons, Gerken did better but lacked the match play that was needed. Both played with a far poorer team in front of them and their weaknesses were there for all to see. Neither commanded the 6 yard line at corner kicks or the whole 18 yard line during open play, perhaps it is something our goalkeeping coaches can work on with a new keeper? That would at least give him the chance to become a fans favourite?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024