Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F.A.O Phil 20:05 - May 25 with 2468 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Any news on James Norwood signing?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

F.A.O Phil on 20:11 - May 25 with 2443 viewsSpruceMoose

Had a word with Phil. He's on the toilet so can't post now but he said "No".

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

F.A.O Phil on 20:14 - May 25 with 2429 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He must have posted this about 100 times now.

Phil expects the deal to get done next week. Would be surprised if it doesn't happen

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

F.A.O Phil on 20:17 - May 25 with 2388 viewspointofblue

F.A.O Phil on 20:14 - May 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

He must have posted this about 100 times now.

Phil expects the deal to get done next week. Would be surprised if it doesn't happen

I guess it’s understandable we’re a bit on edge about it after Tranmere’s promotion.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

F.A.O Phil on 20:19 - May 25 with 2376 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

F.A.O Phil on 20:17 - May 25 by pointofblue

I guess it’s understandable we’re a bit on edge about it after Tranmere’s promotion.

Not really.. I think it has been made pretty clear that we are favourites to have him next season regardless of league.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

F.A.O Phil on 21:24 - May 25 with 2064 viewsTractorCam

Just spotted him having a pint at Isaac's with Lee O'Neill.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

F.A.O Phil on 23:39 - May 25 with 1666 viewsFreddy

F.A.O Phil on 21:24 - May 25 by TractorCam

Just spotted him having a pint at Isaac's with Lee O'Neill.

Not out with the Tranmere team celebrating then ?

Doesn't sound from what his manager said after the game that any deal is done yet, they are talking to him Monday about a new deal before he goes off on holiday
F.A.O Phil on 23:53 - May 25 with 1640 viewspointofblue

F.A.O Phil on 23:39 - May 25 by Freddy

Doesn't sound from what his manager said after the game that any deal is done yet, they are talking to him Monday about a new deal before he goes off on holiday

Understandably they want him to stay - it depends how far along talks have gone with us. Phil seems pretty confident that we've all but crossed the t's and dotted the i's with this one; I just hope we have a Plan B in place if the deal doesn't come off.

F.A.O Phil on 00:16 - May 26 with 1599 viewsActionMan

F.A.O Phil on 23:53 - May 25 by pointofblue

Understandably they want him to stay - it depends how far along talks have gone with us. Phil seems pretty confident that we've all but crossed the t's and dotted the i's with this one; I just hope we have a Plan B in place if the deal doesn't come off.

Given Evans had Hurst nailed down before their Playoff final, he's probably done the same with Norwood.

I for one hope we sell Jackson, Harrison and Roberts and use the freed up funds to bring in someone with some Championship experience to play alongside Norwood and Sears up top as we need to be looking to get promoted outright and then stay up, although given that we're selling Bart, released Gerken and have replaced with someone who appears bang average in this division at best doesn't fill me with confidence that we're any better at planning then we were when we made the mistakes last summer.
Login to get fewer ads

F.A.O Phil on 01:35 - May 26 with 1519 viewspointofblue

F.A.O Phil on 00:16 - May 26 by ActionMan

Given Evans had Hurst nailed down before their Playoff final, he's probably done the same with Norwood.

I for one hope we sell Jackson, Harrison and Roberts and use the freed up funds to bring in someone with some Championship experience to play alongside Norwood and Sears up top as we need to be looking to get promoted outright and then stay up, although given that we're selling Bart, released Gerken and have replaced with someone who appears bang average in this division at best doesn't fill me with confidence that we're any better at planning then we were when we made the mistakes last summer.

I agree, we have to be careful with numbers and quality up front - we currently have one fit striker with experience at this level (or above) in Harrison and that's still the case if Norwood joins. I wouldn't personally be adverse to losing Jackson and Roberts if it meant we could afford the wages of someone like Washington just to add a bit more know how, especially as our midfield should be capable of creating chances next season.

F.A.O Phil on 09:44 - May 26 with 1241 viewsFreddy

F.A.O Phil on 00:16 - May 26 by ActionMan

Thought Jackson signed a 3 yr deal last August so don't see him going anywhere
F.A.O Phil on 10:11 - May 26 with 1127 viewsTractorCam

F.A.O Phil on 23:39 - May 25 by Freddy

Nope, was definitely him raising a glass. Evans must have brought him here in his private jet.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024