Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the League 2 play off yesterday 10:16 - May 26 with 1579 viewsDubtractor

Sure it has already been noted, but it was a really poor quality game. Norwood looked OK, but had very little to work with. Jake Caprice at right back for Tranmere was the best player on the pitch for me, reminded me a bit of Wilnis in his prime, technically decent attacking full back.

Main observation though, is that if the quality/skill of that game is reflective of the bottom end of league one, then we really shouldn't be stressing about struggling next year. No guarantees that we bounce straight back obviously, but that quality of game is light years below Championship football.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 10:30 - May 26 with 1496 viewsHolyGoalie

Having very little to work with is what I am worried about. You can't help but wonder how different we might view Jackson and Harrison if they had more to work with. That said, modern football is about having a striker who can help in the supply not just the end product - something we were spoiled by with McG imho.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 11:13 - May 26 with 1372 viewspointofblue

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 10:30 - May 26 by HolyGoalie

Having very little to work with is what I am worried about. You can't help but wonder how different we might view Jackson and Harrison if they had more to work with. That said, modern football is about having a striker who can help in the supply not just the end product - something we were spoiled by with McG imho.

I think our issue is our strikers can link up nicely and provide touches in build up but cannot finish. We have creators, to an extent, but not scorers. Even if we do sign Norwood I think we may have to look at signing another striker, unless we go into the season hoping our midfield can be a real force in League One.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 11:16 - May 26 with 1362 viewsOsborneOneNil

I thought exactly the same after watching the Pompey v Sunderland semi. Really poor quality, and that from the initial pacesetters in League 1.
Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 11:45 - May 26 with 1257 viewsBent_double

Thing is, how many L1/L2 teams have we lost to in the cups over the last decade? I know they were cup games and we were seen as the big team to be brought down by the minnow, but we're gonna have 46 of those games at least next season.

I think it will be a bit of a shock to the system for the first few games, and a steep learning curve for players and management alike.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 11:55 - May 26 with 1215 viewschristiand

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 11:45 - May 26 by Bent_double

Thing is, how many L1/L2 teams have we lost to in the cups over the last decade? I know they were cup games and we were seen as the big team to be brought down by the minnow, but we're gonna have 46 of those games at least next season.

I think it will be a bit of a shock to the system for the first few games, and a steep learning curve for players and management alike.

They're one off games, generally played by weakened sides in our case and not invariably our first XI. Too many hanging their hats on these cup games and the outcome, where next year they'll be our bread and butter and that brings with it a different mindset.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 12:05 - May 26 with 1174 viewsstrikalite

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 11:55 - May 26 by christiand

They're one off games, generally played by weakened sides in our case and not invariably our first XI. Too many hanging their hats on these cup games and the outcome, where next year they'll be our bread and butter and that brings with it a different mindset.

Agree, thankfully too most surfaces will be fairly decent to be able to knock it about on, Bury on a cold November night will be testing, we'll need to be able to scrap a few games out, but to be honest I've watched a few League One games this season(Posh)and honestly we should be fine as long as our attitude is right going into games...and that's without new additions, we probably only need two or three looking at our strong squad...(strong for League One I mean)
Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 14:34 - May 26 with 932 viewsbrogansnose

Went to the League 2 play off yesterday on 11:45 - May 26 by Bent_double

Shouldn't be too much of shock given that Lambert knows the league with Colchester and Norwich , we have some Div 3 players Hurst recruited and we look to be signing some more.

Good start is essential though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024