Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) 16:57 - May 26 with 3511 viewscarlisleaway

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 16:57 - May 26 with 3032 viewsSuperblue95

Why?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:00 - May 26 with 2985 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We’ve got a vastly superior squad to Sunderland who will be financially screwed by not going up.

Much better squad than Pompey too.

It won’t be easy. But we will probably be pre-season favourites.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:04 - May 26 with 2936 viewsChocorange

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:00 - May 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We’ve got a vastly superior squad to Sunderland who will be financially screwed by not going up.

Much better squad than Pompey too.

It won’t be easy. But we will probably be pre-season favourites.

Rotherham were 10 plus points better than us this season, people seem to forget them.

Sunderland and Pompey will improve and go again.

Agree though , we have to target top 2. 1st season down , or it gets a whole lot tougher FFP wise which Slumberland are about to have to adhere to. Have they still got Premier league parachute money next season?
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:09 - May 26 with 2865 viewsReuser_is_God

On what basis? That game was dreadful.

We’ll p1ss it.

100 points 100 goals.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:09 - May 26 with 2856 viewshorsehollerer

Because Sunderland? They are not a good team at all. It will be tough, yes, but I fancy us to do well.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:10 - May 26 with 2844 viewsRozz

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:04 - May 26 by Chocorange

Rotherham were 10 plus points better than us this season, people seem to forget them.

Sunderland and Pompey will improve and go again.

Agree though , we have to target top 2. 1st season down , or it gets a whole lot tougher FFP wise which Slumberland are about to have to adhere to. Have they still got Premier league parachute money next season?

Drops from £34m to a measly £15m, which still probably lands them with a better budget than we had in the Championship. They will likely have to unload, but could still set their sights on some of the best players in and around League 1.
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:16 - May 26 with 2782 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 16:57 - May 26 by Superblue95

Why?

Sumderland, Portsmouth, Rotherham, Peterborough, Doncaster, Coventry, Gillingham, Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Accrington, …

If anyone really thinks next season will be easy they haven't paid a lot of attention in recent years.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:17 - May 26 with 2776 viewsParisBlue

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:10 - May 26 by Rozz

Drops from £34m to a measly £15m, which still probably lands them with a better budget than we had in the Championship. They will likely have to unload, but could still set their sights on some of the best players in and around League 1.

Many of the bigger clubs to drop into L1 have taken a few years to get back. Leeds, Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds, Forest, perhaps Sunderland.

It's the Barnsley, Rotherham who bounce back. Bristol City took 2 years.

I'd say we're in the middle of the two given our budget over the last few years, and do a Blackburn or Wigan.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:19 - May 26 with 2754 viewsHipsterectomy

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:16 - May 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sumderland, Portsmouth, Rotherham, Peterborough, Doncaster, Coventry, Gillingham, Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Accrington, …

If anyone really thinks next season will be easy they haven't paid a lot of attention in recent years.

Coventry are always a blown lightbulb away from going bust

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:19 - May 26 with 2747 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:16 - May 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Shrewsbury and Accrington won’t get within 30 points of us.

Not the greatest examples.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:23 - May 26 with 2707 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:19 - May 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Shrewsbury and Accrington won’t get within 30 points of us.

Not the greatest examples.

I am not so fussed about whether they are finishing within 30 points as much as whether we are getting more than a couple of points out of our games against them.

These are all typical teams we struggle to beat and many of them like those two will set out to keep the point they have at kick off.

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:25 - May 26 with 2694 viewsSuffolktrfc

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:09 - May 26 by Reuser_is_God

We’ll p1ss it.

100 points 100 goals.

It's not as such the quality the opposition do or don't have but the change in style of play you may find difficult. Plus to many clubs you'll be seen as one of the big boys in the division so teams won't come to play for the win, but hold out for a point. Can get frustrating!
I think use will do well but it won't be easy
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:27 - May 26 with 2673 viewsRozz

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:17 - May 26 by ParisBlue

Many of the bigger clubs to drop into L1 have taken a few years to get back. Leeds, Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds, Forest, perhaps Sunderland.

It's the Barnsley, Rotherham who bounce back. Bristol City took 2 years.

I'd say we're in the middle of the two given our budget over the last few years, and do a Blackburn or Wigan.

In fairness, lots of the bigger clubs that have taken a while to bounce back after going down, did so in financial or administerial turmoil. Sheff Utd had appointed 3 managers in a season, Leeds in administration with points deduction, Wednesday faced a series of winding up orders after relegation in 2010 before Mandaric.

At least we're in a relatively stable position comparatively, and while our flaws are obvious for everyone to see, it's not like we're in total disarray. We've got a good platform to retain our young talent and add a few players that should make up the difference. The start to the season will be key.
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:40 - May 26 with 2609 viewshorsehollerer

There is a middle ground between thinking we'll walk it and thinking we'll struggle. We will have more than enough to compete at the top end IMO. Will be easy? Definitely not. Do I expect promotion? Nope. Do we have a chance? Absolutely we do. As do all of the teams in your list. We have the makings of a very talented squad at this level. There is nothing wrong with having a bit of optimism.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:44 - May 26 with 2583 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:40 - May 26 by horsehollerer

There is a middle ground between thinking we'll walk it and thinking we'll struggle. We will have more than enough to compete at the top end IMO. Will be easy? Definitely not. Do I expect promotion? Nope. Do we have a chance? Absolutely we do. As do all of the teams in your list. We have the makings of a very talented squad at this level. There is nothing wrong with having a bit of optimism.

I agree with you (apart from all those teams being in the promotion mix).

I am not saying we will struggle to stay in the division but we need to improve a lot on what we currently are to be in the top 6.

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:58 - May 26 with 2528 viewsSuperblue95

I didn’t say it will be easy.

I just don’t see why it’s going to be such a tough league next year just because Sunderland didn’t win today. I think the OP has forgotten there are 3 promotion places up for grabs and 22 other teams to consider

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 18:04 - May 26 with 2494 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:58 - May 26 by Superblue95

I didn’t say it will be easy.

I just don’t see why it’s going to be such a tough league next year just because Sunderland didn’t win today. I think the OP has forgotten there are 3 promotion places up for grabs and 22 other teams to consider

you didn't but others have.

I also don't think Sunderland failing to go up will make it more difficult. I actually think Charlton are a better side and they would have been more of a problem for us. However, Sunderland will be a problem for us as well.

As you say, there are 3 promotion places up for grabs which mean somehow or other we would need to be better than 22 teams or than 18 teams and win the play offs. We will need to learn to win games very quickly to do that.

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 18:04 - May 26 with 2496 viewsJDB23

The more I see of league 1 the more optimistic I get, strange to say that considering the season we've just had but we should have the ability to challenge near the top end. If we aren't then Lambert will have failed massively.
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 18:06 - May 26 with 2483 viewsSuperblue95

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 18:04 - May 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

you didn't but others have.

I also don't think Sunderland failing to go up will make it more difficult. I actually think Charlton are a better side and they would have been more of a problem for us. However, Sunderland will be a problem for us as well.

As you say, there are 3 promotion places up for grabs which mean somehow or other we would need to be better than 22 teams or than 18 teams and win the play offs. We will need to learn to win games very quickly to do that.

Aye, I’d happily take 6th

Although with our play off record that probably wouldn’t end well

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 18:10 - May 26 with 2466 viewsMattinLondon

It’ll be a walk in the park. Champions with ten games remaining
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 18:23 - May 26 with 2376 viewspointofblue

It will be tough if we don’t treat the league with respect from the off. Hurst certainly didn’t with his transfer dealings last year and this is how we ended up where we are. Holy and Norwood are decent starts, should the latter go through, but the squad is not ready for a promotion or top six campaign as it stands - it still needs shaping and developing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 22:20 - May 26 with 2030 viewsBlueBadger

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:09 - May 26 by Reuser_is_God

We’ll p1ss it.

100 points 100 goals.

Thing is, the league might be dreadful, but so are we.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 04:41 - May 27 with 1838 viewsBenters2

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 22:20 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Top 6 easily.
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 07:12 - May 27 with 1775 viewsChurchman

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 22:20 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Spot on. We don’t have a team worthy of the name and the club is a shambles. However, looking at the play off games the standard in the league looks woeful and I don’t think it should take too much to be competitive (top 6?).
It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 07:20 - May 27 with 1764 viewsWednesdayJon

It is going to be a tough League next year (n/t) on 17:27 - May 26 by Rozz

In fairness, lots of the bigger clubs that have taken a while to bounce back after going down, did so in financial or administerial turmoil. Sheff Utd had appointed 3 managers in a season, Leeds in administration with points deduction, Wednesday faced a series of winding up orders after relegation in 2010 before Mandaric.

At least we're in a relatively stable position comparatively, and while our flaws are obvious for everyone to see, it's not like we're in total disarray. We've got a good platform to retain our young talent and add a few players that should make up the difference. The start to the season will be key.

One winding up order.

...Though it WAS one too many.

[Post edited 27 May 2019 7:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024